Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #161

Received the trailer back from dealer with everything fixed fine. Would definately recommend Annie Rae RV. Their sales department was great to deal with. The follow up by the service department was outstanding. The cause of the bedroom slide problem was the bed frame support. It now works fine.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #162

2012 Sabre 34RLQS

I was wondering if there was any extra bracing or whatever needed to mount a television on the bedroom wall and if so what is the recommended mounting procedure.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #163
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by okietom View Post
I was wondering if there was any extra bracing or whatever needed to mount a television on the bedroom wall and if so what is the recommended mounting procedure.
Year and model would help Sam distinguish your options.
Some models had a plate for tv mounting others don't.

Turbs
Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #164

Thanks, Year and model number is in title line

Quote:
Old 12-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #165
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Thanks, Year and model number is in title line
Sorry I'm reading on android phone and that is not available to view.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #166

It is about a 2012 sabre 34RLQS as I can read it.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:19 AM   #167

Hi Sam,
I'm looking to purchase some slide toppers for a 2013 Sabre Silhouette 291BHTS. The slide toppers I have looked at are from Dometic.

The RV is in storage, I don't have access to it wihout traveling there, so some of the questions may seem odd.

1. Can this RV even have slide toppers due to the rain gutters that are on it?
2. Are the rain gutters epoxyed on or just screwed on?
3. Is the side of the RV metal or fiberglass?
4. If I can put slide toppers on this RV, can the back bunkhouse/kitchen slide have one due to the main awning possibly being in the way?
5. Will the Deluxe model from Dometic work on all 3 slides?

Camping World offers the Elite model, which I can get for a good price, but this model won't fit on the back bunkhouse/kitchen slide due the awning.

Thanks,
Pat
Old 01-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #168

Sam,

Ordered a 36qbok and have a few questions. Will the factory install the TV mount in the MB without ordering the TV? We plan on purchasing the TV seperate. We also like the TV in the basement but saw one in an exisiting unit that was floor mounted. I would prefer to mount it hanging from the basement ceiling to allow more storeage space. Looks like the factory mounted unit was a Mor Ryde product who also has a ceiling mount pull out/flip down bracket. Is there a reason the factory bracket is floor mounted vs. ceiling? What is the distance between the struts on the basement door? I want to make sure I don't purchase a TV that won't fit!!

Also, can the basement surface flooring be replaced/ordered with a rubberized material vs. the slicker carpet style?

Thanks for all you do!!
Airlift system/on board compressor

Old 01-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #169
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdydog77 View Post
Hi Sam,
I'm looking to purchase some slide toppers for a 2013 Sabre Silhouette 291BHTS. The slide toppers I have looked at are from Dometic.

The RV is in storage, I don't have access to it wihout traveling there, so some of the questions may seem odd.

1. Can this RV even have slide toppers due to the rain gutters that are on it?
2. Are the rain gutters epoxyed on or just screwed on?
3. Is the side of the RV metal or fiberglass?
4. If I can put slide toppers on this RV, can the back bunkhouse/kitchen slide have one due to the main awning possibly being in the way?
5. Will the Deluxe model from Dometic work on all 3 slides?

Camping World offers the Elite model, which I can get for a good price, but this model won't fit on the back bunkhouse/kitchen slide due the awning.

Thanks,
Pat
Dear Pat,
I'm sorry but I have no experience in slide toppers. Our dealers take care of that feature for customers. I can answer #3: Your sidewalls are fiberglass.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #170
Here to Help

Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
Sam,

Ordered a 36qbok and have a few questions. Will the factory install the TV mount in the MB without ordering the TV? We plan on purchasing the TV seperate. We also like the TV in the basement but saw one in an exisiting unit that was floor mounted. I would prefer to mount it hanging from the basement ceiling to allow more storeage space. Looks like the factory mounted unit was a Mor Ryde product who also has a ceiling mount pull out/flip down bracket. Is there a reason the factory bracket is floor mounted vs. ceiling? What is the distance between the struts on the basement door? I want to make sure I don't purchase a TV that won't fit!!

Also, can the basement surface flooring be replaced/ordered with a rubberized material vs. the slicker carpet style?

Thanks for all you do!!
Dear Customer:
The selling dealer will need to contact the plant to see if they will install the bedroom bracket without the TV. Keep in mind the TV you purchase might not be the same dimentions as the location of the bracket that gets mounted.

We no longer offer a flip down TV in the pass through compartment. The floor mounted unit is all we offer.

I would suggest that you wait until the unit arrives to make sure the measurement between the struts work. Changes are made throughout the year and I would hate to provide a measurement that changes.

We do not offer a replacement for the ozite material in the pass through compartment.

I hope this answers your questions.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #171

I have been trying to find out what the height of my 2013 Sabre Silhouette 291BHTS is, but can't find any information. Can you tell me how high it is?

2002 GMC Sierra C2500 HD 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2013 Sabre Silhouette 291BHTS
Pat, Michele and 2 old dogs, Shug & Sissy
Old 01-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #172
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
I have been trying to find out what the height of my 2013 Sabre Silhouette 291BHTS is, but can't find any information. Can you tell me how high it is?
What is the height u need to stay under?

Turbs
Old 01-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #173
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
I'm 13'6" with bedroom AC (not a Silhouette)...imagine yours would come in at 11.5 to 12' HT without bedroom AC, just a thought

Old 01-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #174
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

My sabre 5er fits through a 13' door
Albeit not your model it should be real close to the same.

What are you running up against?
Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #175

I tend to stay on the main roads, but everyonce in awhile you will run across a low bridge or something and it would be good to know what the height of the trailer is before attempting to go under it.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #176

Potentialy new Sabre Owner

I am thinking about purchasing a 2012 Sabre 291RLDS to tow behind my 2009 Chevrolet K2500 Club Cab with a 6ft 6in bed. I have never owned a 5th wheel and do not have a hitch currently installed. I have read some of the posts and owners talk about slide hitches and bed hitches. I know nothing about the hitches and wonder what you would recommend be installed. Sincerely James Tant
Old 01-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #177
phat phrog stunt crew

for height, it sounds like its time for a piece of 1x and a tape measure. or, measure from sidewall (highest point) to ground, and then add front a/c height measurement if so equipped. front a/c is usually the tallest item sticking up on 5th wheel.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #178

Yes, to get the height, that is my next plan.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #179
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdydog77
Dear customer
The 291bhts is approx. 12'4" tall.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #180
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtant
I am thinking about purchasing a 2012 Sabre 291RLDS to tow behind my 2009 Chevrolet K2500 Club Cab with a 6ft 6in bed. I have never owned a 5th wheel and do not have a hitch currently installed. I have read some of the posts and owners talk about slide hitches and bed hitches. I know nothing about the hitches and wonder what you would recommend be installed. Sincerely James Tant
Dear James Tant
I hitching is handled by our dealers...I would only be guessing to make any suggestions. Be consult your local dealer. I'm sorry. You might post your question to other forum members....they are always willing to help.
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty