Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #101

I can appreciate that. I like having the hitch covered for cosmetics and it wouldn't surprise me it the aero dynamics help a smidge with milage.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #102
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpresley
Hi,
I am in the process of purchasing a 2013 Sabre 32 RCTS. I noticed it is not equipped with a hitch box cover. I was told by my salesman that some have it and some don't. Is the cover an option or is it standard? It is listed in the Sabre catalog (item 14 page 15) as a feature.
The cover is deleted If you order the unit with the Trailair rotoflex pin box.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #103
Always Learning

So, we camped in cooler temperatures for the first time this past weekend. The furnace was quite nice, but the heat wasn't distributed in a way that's ideal for us - the bunkhouse was COLD, the main living area comfortable, but the front bathroom was HOT and the front bedroom was still fairly warm (too warm- we like sleeping in the cool/cold). The only vent that was able to be closed was the main living area.

Is it possible to replace the vents in the bunkhouse, bathroom and bedroom with vents that close? (I'm assuming I can just pickup something from a big-box store like a regular house vent.)

And, if we do so - will we hurt anything by having:
- Bunkhouse vent open
- Main living room open
- Bathroom mostly closed
- Front bedroom fully closed
?

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #104
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad
So, we camped in cooler temperatures for the first time this past weekend. The furnace was quite nice, but the heat wasn't distributed in a way that's ideal for us - the bunkhouse was COLD, the main living area comfortable, but the front bathroom was HOT and the front bedroom was still fairly warm (too warm- we like sleeping in the cool/cold). The only vent that was able to be closed was the main living area.

Is it possible to replace the vents in the bunkhouse, bathroom and bedroom with vents that close? (I'm assuming I can just pickup something from a big-box store like a regular house vent.)

And, if we do so - will we hurt anything by having:
- Bunkhouse vent open
- Main living room open
- Bathroom mostly closed
- Front bedroom fully closed
?

Thanks!
Yes you can put in closeable registers.
As I have done for similar reasons.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #105

We have the 34 tbok and I was going to ask the same question as well. @ turbo are the vents available at the big box home stores??
Old 10-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
The cover is deleted If you order the unit with the Trailair rotoflex pin box.
Thanks SabreSam,
We picked the 32rcts up today. The sales man informed me the unit had the trailaire pin and that the cover is not available for it at this time. I wasn't aware that the rig had the upgrade. We did a thorough PDI, it was a lot of info for a first timer to absorp in short time. When we got home I looked in the drawer for the "Owners Manual." Didn't find one specific to the trailer but several covering each appliance. Is a trailer specific "Owners/Operator Manual supposed to be included. Would like to have step by step setup procedure handy so I don't overlook something.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #107
Always Learning

Unfortunately FR doesn't provide model-specific manuals. Most of what you learn to do comes from forum posts and the other manuals in the book. Pretty crazy, in my opinion (as a super newbie in this RV'ing world!).
Old 10-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #108
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpresley
Thanks SabreSam,
We picked the 32rcts up today. The sales man informed me the unit had the trailaire pin and that the cover is not available for it at this time. I wasn't aware that the rig had the upgrade. We did a thorough PDI, it was a lot of info for a first timer to absorp in short time. When we got home I looked in the drawer for the "Owners Manual." Didn't find one specific to the trailer but several covering each appliance. Is a trailer specific "Owners/Operator Manual supposed to be included. Would like to have step by step setup procedure handy so I don't overlook something.
Dear customer
Forest river only provides a generic owners manual. You should have received one of those.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #109
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookiecamper
We have the 34 tbok and I was going to ask the same question as well. @ turbo are the vents available at the big box home stores??
Got mine from
Www.Cheyennecampingcenter.com
Old 10-23-2012, 06:46 AM   #110

SabreSam-Warranty info

SabreSam

I've been reading on the forum of people purchasing second year warranties and 7 year extended warranties?

How do I find out more information about any of these? Would be interested in purchasing additional coverage for our unit that we bought new in May of this year.

Thanks

FRF & FROG member
Rallies 12 & 13, Cherry Blossom 13, Branson 13... More to come!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #111
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl & Jackie View Post
SabreSam

I've been reading on the forum of people purchasing second year warranties and 7 year extended warranties?

How do I find out more information about any of these? Would be interested in purchasing additional coverage for our unit that we bought new in May of this year.

Thanks
Dear Karl & Jackie,
The second year warranty from Forest River must be purchased within 10 days of your origianl purchase. The other extended warranties are sold by dealers. You might want to contact your dealer and ask what they might offer.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #112
Always Learning

Random question.. I hear a bunch about the automatic switch-overs for propane. Is this something that came with my camper?
Old 10-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #113
phat phrog stunt crew

turbo... is cheyenne rv as big as I-80 truckstop? it almost seems to be.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #114
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynerz
turbo... is cheyenne rv as big as I-80 truckstop? it almost seems to be.
Oh it's pretty big!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121026_162348.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	21089
Old 10-27-2012, 07:31 AM   #115
H2oski

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Random question.. I hear a bunch about the automatic switch-overs for propane. Is this something that came with my camper?
Yes See link below

Propane Auto Changeover Two-Stage Regulator - Mr. Heater F273766 - Propane Accessories - Camping World
(LA) Lower Alabama
Old 10-31-2012, 08:58 PM   #116

Hello, new to the Forum . I just purchased a Sabre 32RCTS and was wondering what the largest size of tv I could install in the bedroom? Thanks.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #117
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchie11 View Post
Hello, new to the Forum . I just purchased a Sabre 32RCTS and was wondering what the largest size of tv I could install in the bedroom? Thanks.
Hello and welcome to the forum !
congrats on the new trailer !

I think the biggest you can fit through the door lol !

honestly I dont know but what are you considering ?

TURBS
Old 10-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #118
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchie11
If your gonna hang on the wall, IMO go light...probably somewhere between 19" to 22".

Old 10-31-2012, 10:28 PM   #119

Thanks for the replies. I was looking at possibly a 27 inch as my eyes arent what they used to be. I would think that the wall should be reinforced ifthe the tv is supposed to be there.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:32 PM   #120
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchie11
Thanks for the replies. I was looking at possibly a 27 inch as my eyes arent what they used to be. I would think that the wall should be reinforced ifthe the tv is supposed to be there.
FYI...If you plan on removing the TV when your traveling, make sure you have room to slide the unit up and out of the bracket. When you take in consideration the size of the TV and the limited space between the top of the window to the top of ceiling, it'll be tight with some units.

Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty