Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #121

Just a quick note as I purchased a 24" from Amazon with a built in DVD player for my daughter... We are going to put a second mount in the bedroom location so we can move it around... it was only about $200.00 from Amazon.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #122
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
FYI...If you plan on removing the TV when your traveling, make sure you have room to slide the unit up and out of the bracket. When you take in consideration the size of the TV and the limited space between the top of the window to the top of ceiling, it'll be tight with some units.

Great input.

Our support in the sidewall is desgined to hold the weight of a 22" TV (max).
Old 11-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #123

What kind of wood??

SabreSam,

I'm planning on adding some selves in and around our Medicine Cabinet in our 32 RCTS and would like to use the the same kind if possible. Can you tell me what kind of wood was used? and maybe some info on the stain. Can I purchase color matched stain from Palominio??

Thanks
Old 11-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #124
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
SabreSam,

I'm planning on adding some selves in and around our Medicine Cabinet in our 32 RCTS and would like to use the the same kind if possible. Can you tell me what kind of wood was used? and maybe some info on the stain. Can I purchase color matched stain from Palominio??

Thanks
Don't have a Sabre but here is what we did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3 Shelves on Medicine Cabinet.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	21429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Curved Wall Shelf with clothes hooks.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	21430   Click image for larger version

Name:	Handy for misc. small items.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	21431   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shelf matches other woodwook.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	21432  
Old 11-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #125
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre
SabreSam,

Thanks
Sorry typing from cell phone
The cabinet doors are oak. Any oak should have a similar grain. we do not sell matching stain. Matching panels can be purchased from any sabre dealer. hope that helps.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #126

Knowing that it is oak will help a lot. We have a lcoal paint guy that can do a stain color match

Thanks sabre sam
Old 11-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimchaSabre View Post
Knowing that it is oak will help a lot. We have a lcoal paint guy that can do a stain color match

Thanks sabre sam
I want pics when done so I can copy..lol

Current Camper: 2013 Sabre 32-RCTS-6
Nights Camped in 2012: 11

Nights Camped in 2013: 21
Old 11-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #128
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam

Dear Ragin Cajun,
thanks for waiting for the answer. This post applys to any Sabre model that was built with the washer dryer cabinet in the master bedroom.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1&d=1349989310
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1&d=1349989310

These pictures show the TV installed and removed showing the bracket. So you would want to mount your bracket in the same locations. When facing the bracket the left edge of the bracket measures 42 1/2" from the face/front of the wardrobe. The bottom edge of the bracket measures 34" from the top of the dresser.

I hope this helps. DO NOT USE LONG SCREWS OR YOU WILL GO THROUGH THE SIDEWALL.
SabreSam

I need a recommendation of where to purchase the TV mounting plate as seen in your photo.
I've searched but could not find that specific mount and bought another style to use but when I got it, it's way overkill and the mounting bolts would go through the wall.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #129

32 rcts bedroom slide

When we picked up our 32rcts the salesman demonstrated that the bedroom slideout hangs up at the top and eventually forcefully pops free. He said it was scary but normal. We have now taken the rv on two weekend trips and the slide out issue has gotten worse. I was unable to get it to return to the in position with out bouncing on the floor while tugging at the top in order to break it free while my wife operated the switch. If I did not do this the bottom came in and caused the whole slide to be at such an angle I was fearful damage may have occured.

It will be going back to the dealer for repair. I was wondering however if this is a common issue and if I perhaps may have damaged something by having to force the top to release. Aside from the slideout problem the trailer has been great. Every thing we expected and are very satisfied.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #130

We have not seen this issue with our 32 RCTS bedroom slide.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpresley View Post
When we picked up our 32rcts the salesman demonstrated that the bedroom slideout hangs up at the top and eventually forcefully pops free. He said it was scary but normal. We have now taken the rv on two weekend trips and the slide out issue has gotten worse. I was unable to get it to return to the in position with out bouncing on the floor while tugging at the top in order to break it free while my wife operated the switch. If I did not do this the bottom came in and caused the whole slide to be at such an angle I was fearful damage may have occured.
I don't think that is normal for any slide. I have a 31 RETS and had to have my bedroom slide adjusted after several trips because it was ripping the bottom seal off.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpresley View Post

It will be going back to the dealer for repair. I was wondering however if this is a common issue and if I perhaps may have damaged something by having to force the top to release. Aside from the slideout problem the trailer has been great. Every thing we expected and are very satisfied.
We had the same issue with our kitchen slide in our 34 RLQS. The tech people checked it out at the rally and there is a piece at the top of the slide that deverts water when it rains. That piece had to be moved as well as some adjustments on the slide to fix the problem. It seems that being in the wrong spot causes it to "hang up" the top of the slide.When the slide is inside you should be able to see it. Have the dealer check it out. Hope this helps - let us know the outcome.

FRF & FROG member
Rallies 12 & 13, Cherry Blossom 13, Branson 13... More to come!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #133
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpresley

Dear customer,
Will you send me a PM with the following
Your full name
Last seven digits of your vin number
Your contact phone number
The dealer name you purchased from
The dealer name and approx. date for service

It sounds like one of your wiper seals are dragging a little extra. It should be a minor fix. I will provide my warranty department the information you provide and they will keep any eye out.

Sorry for your issue.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl & Jackie View Post
We had the same issue with our kitchen slide in our 34 RLQS. The tech people checked it out at the rally and there is a piece at the top of the slide that deverts water when it rains. That piece had to be moved as well as some adjustments on the slide to fix the problem. It seems that being in the wrong spot causes it to "hang up" the top of the slide.When the slide is inside you should be able to see it. Have the dealer check it out. Hope this helps - let us know the outcome.
Thanks, I looked it over when I got it retracted but could not see any witness marks in that area. All looked ok but it is hanging on something. It goes back to the dealer on Wendesday to be checked out.

Thanks to SabreSam for following up on this. I trust it will be corrected promptly and will post the resolution accordingly. This is our first 5th wheel. We have only done 2 short trips to learn the ins and outs. Even with the slide issue and a couple of minor things that need attention we are totally pleased with our choice of the 32rcts.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #135
Here to Help

TV bracket Part Numbers

Quote:
SabreSam

I need a recommendation of where to purchase the TV mounting plate as seen in your photo.
I've searched but could not find that specific mount and bought another style to use but when I got it, it's way overkill and the mounting bolts would go through the wall.
Dear Ragin Cajun,
You can order our bracket from any Sabre Dealer. Here are the part numbers:
#70A01901A: Bracket that mounts to wall
#70A01903A: Bracket that mounts to TV
(designed for a 22" TV")

You will need to get pricing from the dealer. I'm sure you can order this over the phone and have it shipped to your home.

Good Luck
Old 11-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #136
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam

Dear Ragin Cajun,
You can order our bracket from any Sabre Dealer. Here are the part numbers:
#70A01901A: Bracket that mounts to wall
#70A01903A: Bracket that mounts to TV
(designed for a 22" TV")

You will need to get pricing from the dealer. I'm sure you can order this over the phone and have it shipped to your home.

Good Luck
Thanks...your a big help!
BTW...we are very happy with our new Sabre 32RCTS

Old 11-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpresley

Not normal. Had the same issue with our 32 BHOK. Dealer called thefactory and then made adjustments. Something will break.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #138

Bedroom TV Install

I have a 2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS and want to install a 24" LG TV
(8 lbs.) to the wall just above the dresser window in the bedroom. Can you tell me if there is sufficient backing in the wall to hold it and if so what is the approximate size of the backing? There is already a cable outlet and a 120v outlet on the side of the dresser so I'm assuming this would be an option during the build of this unit. It seems as though there is some backing support but only in the center area above the window. Maybe I could locate a mount that will install only to this center area and not to the sides of it where it seems to be hollow. I saw your pictures but they were of a 2013 model. My model (2012) does not have the connections on the ceiling but instead on the side of the dresser. Will there still be backing support preinstalled? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

2012 Palomino Sabre 32RCTS-6
2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Fx4 6.7 Powerstroke
16K PullRite SuperGlide
Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags
Old 11-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #139
Camper Less Camping

SabreSam:

The sofa air bed combo in the Sabre 32RCTS, is it suppose to be anchored to the floor?
Ours isn't and when we use the air bed, the sofa bed rocks back and forth unless we stack some books under the four metal legs of the bed frame.

BTW...the air bed works great and we really like the inflate/deflate mode on the built in electric air pump!

Old 11-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #140
Always Learning

Quote:
The sofa air bed combo in the Sabre 32RCTS, is it suppose to be anchored to the floor?
Ours isn't and when we use the air bed, the sofa bed rocks back and forth unless we stack some books under the four metal legs of the bed frame.
Different model, but similar problem with the sofa bed in our bunkhouse. Due to the raised slide edge, the 4 legs of the bed frame don't make contact with the floor.

I spoke to SabreSam one time and he offered up a solution to help. However, we've gone ahead and made 4 blocks and drill out spots to counter-sink the bed feet.
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty