Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
Again thanks. Would it be safe to assume that horizontally, the backing in the wall runs from stud to stud?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
Forgot to ask if there is any backing for mounting a tv in the bunkhouse of the 36qbok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear Customer,
I value your advice and have supplied it to the person that makes our product decisions. The problem we are challenged with is if we mount the bracket in a location and then the customer's purchased TV is not the same dimentions, the customer now has four screw holes in his wall after he moves the bracket. There are so many sizes, speakers on the bottom, speakers on the side, buttons on the side................................. We willl try and get better. Again, I will forward your comments.
Sabre Sam, first thanks for this thread. I asked the first 2 questions quoted above a while back, and never got an answer from you on either, but member ependydad did answer that there is blocking/backing in the bunkhouse. As you stated in the third quote above, there are various TV configurations, so I can see where the dimensions you gave previously for the factory mount may not necessarily work for all TVs, which is why I'm asking if there are dimensions for where the backing/blocking spans. Surely it's not exactly the size of the factory mount, but given a different mount, I'd like to know, where the backing actually is in a similar fashion as you described where the factory mount is/goes for the bedroom and the bunkhouse. It would also be helpful to know what the actual material is as well. Thanks.

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
Old 01-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #202

You are correct..it is the order from Tom Raper..Thanks for the reply
Airlift system/on board compressor

Old 01-25-2013, 06:11 AM   #203

SabreSam, could use your help on Sabre 32 BHOK. Been trying to get info (as haven't seen unit on lot) prior to ordering.

Do you know how large the bunk area is? Specifically, how far between bunks and TV stand and between bunks and door? I assume it is a 4ftx2ft area. Just trying to get a visual so my son has adequate room.

Do you know distance between top bunk and ceiling? IE--If hanging out, able to sit on top bunk and have plenty head space.

I am thinking of getting theatre seating upgrade. Is there enough space in the 32 BHOK? It looks nice, good quality?
Old 01-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #204
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeddingfield View Post
SabreSam, could use your help on Sabre 32 BHOK. Been trying to get info (as haven't seen unit on lot) prior to ordering.

Do you know how large the bunk area is? Specifically, how far between bunks and TV stand and between bunks and door? I assume it is a 4ftx2ft area. Just trying to get a visual so my son has adequate room.

Do you know distance between top bunk and ceiling? IE--If hanging out, able to sit on top bunk and have plenty head space.

I am thinking of getting theatre seating upgrade. Is there enough space in the 32 BHOK? It looks nice, good quality?
Have you checked out the 34' & 36' bunkhouse models by Sabre?
They are spacious in the bunk room but I assume you want to keep to a 32' for a reason...thought I throw that out there!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #205
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

I have a 32bhok if sam doesnt get back to you be this afternoon I can do some measurements for you.
Or any other info you might need!
Either way if you like the 32bhok you'll love it once u get it!

Turbs
Old 01-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #206
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

We have or had three teenagers at home last summer and they did just fine with space. 14 - 16 - 18 year old's.

Let me know if I can be of help.

Turbs
Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #207

Thanks Turbo. Measurements would be very helpful
Old 01-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #208
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Thanks Turbo. Measurements would be very helpful
Its actually a bigger area than you think.
Fyi theres a lot of storage area underneath the lower bunk .

Ill post some measurments later this afternoon.

Turbs
Old 01-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #209

Myself and the DW had the distinct pleasure of meeting Sabre Sam in person at the Louisville RV show. We were looking at a replica of the model we recently ordered, turned around and saw a factory rep from FR and the nametag read "Sam"...I asked immediately...."Are you Sabre Sam" and to our delight it was! We could not have been more pleased. He has been so helpful to us and the other forum members and we want to express our appreciation. He takes his own time to respond to these threads. This extra step ensures customers are informed, and by going the extra mile, he exemplifies what customer service is all about. Our hat's off to you Sam!!
Airlift system/on board compressor

Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
Myself and the DW had the distinct pleasure of meeting Sabre Sam in person at the Louisville RV show. We were looking at a replica of the model we recently ordered, turned around and saw a factory rep from FR and the nametag read "Sam"...I asked immediately...."Are you Sabre Sam" and to our delight it was! We could not have been more pleased. He has been so helpful to us and the other forum members and we want to express our appreciation. He takes his own time to respond to these threads. This extra step ensures customers are informed, and by going the extra mile, he exemplifies what customer service is all about. Our hat's off to you Sam!!
Speedcat, see my post had the same experience!! Good to see other Kentuckians will be on the road with a new Sabre! Rob and Sonya in Hardin Co...Sabre Sam rocks
Old 01-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #211

31 rets

I have a 2012 SABRE 31 RETS which has beautiful wood floors. I am conserned about scratching the steps going up to the bedroom level. Has anyone figured out how to protect these beautiful steps?
Old 01-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #212

We plan on lightly sanding followed by several thin coat of poly urathane varnish
Old 01-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #213
phat phrog stunt crew

barefoot, socks or slippers would be my suggestion to protect the finish. cost would be negligible since you already have socks and feet that can be converted from covered to bare in a matter of seconds.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #214
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

painters stick on walk way protecters !
Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #215

DW and I always leave our shoes at the door. Our Weimaraner would probably scratch the heck out of our wood stairs so we did the unthinkable - covered them with step carpet we purchased at CW. Take a look at our photobucket picture #31.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:23 AM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
DW and I always leave our shoes at the door. Our Weimaraner would probably scratch the heck out of our wood stairs so we did the unthinkable - covered them with step carpet we purchased at CW. Take a look at our photobucket picture #31.
Ahhhh, those dog nails!!! DW wanted the non carpeted steps and I went along with it, but even though we don't wear shoes in the camper, I can see the dogs tearing those babies up (like they have done to the hardwoods at home). Going to have to think about this one.
2013 Columbus 320RS
Maryland
Times camping in 2013 - 5
Old 01-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #217
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc701 View Post
I have a 2012 SABRE 31 RETS which has beautiful wood floors. I am conserned about scratching the steps going up to the bedroom level. Has anyone figured out how to protect these beautiful steps?
Dear Doc701
I love all my Sabre owners. Please use this thread to post any questions that you need my direct help with. A general question like this might be best posted as a new thread. This will really help me get back to customers that need help from the factory.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #218
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post

Dear Ragin Cajun,
thanks for waiting for the answer. This post applys to any Sabre model that was built with the washer dryer cabinet in the master bedroom.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1&d=1349989310
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1&d=1349989310

These pictures show the TV installed and removed showing the bracket. So you would want to mount your bracket in the same locations. When facing the bracket the left edge of the bracket measures 42 1/2" from the face/front of the wardrobe. The bottom edge of the bracket measures 34" from the top of the dresser.

I hope this helps. DO NOT USE LONG SCREWS OR YOU WILL GO THROUGH THE SIDEWALL.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2695562684.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	23740
SabreSam

I placed the order through the Dealer per the part #'s you PM me...I got this in today from my Dealer and it looks very different than the pic you posted and it seems very heavy to be attached to the wall??? I don't feel comfortable using this unless you tell me it's ok....plus, this model I have does not let me remove the TV for travel, I prefer not to leave it attached to the wall while transporting.
(BTW...that's my iPhone holding the bracket up so I could get a good pic)
Confused...

Old 02-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #219
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
I placed the order through the Dealer per the part #'s you PM me...I got this in today from my Dealer and it looks very different than the pic you posted and it seems very heavy to be attached to the wall??? I don't feel comfortable using this unless you tell me it's ok....plus, this model I have does not let me remove the TV for travel, I prefer not to leave it attached to the wall while transporting.
Confused...
That looks like the bracket that holds our TV in our living room area up. I thought about that one for the bunkhouse, but not for the bedroom.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
Attachment 23740
SabreSam

Confused...
Hi there. Here are some mounts I'm most likely going to order to try out in our new rig. They are cheap in price, but trust me, I've ordered many times from monoprice and their stuff is the real deal. Good high quality items.

For only $2.12 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Low Profile Wall Mount Bracket for LCD LED (Max 66Lbs, 10~23 inch) - Silver | LCD Wall Mount Brackets

For only $3.48 each when QTY 50+ purchased - Low Profile Wall Mount Bracket for LCD LED Plasma (Max 30Lbs, 10~26inch) | LCD Plasma Brackets - Low Profile Type

Hope these help. The brackets that come factory are "low profile" units. I had them on our old unit.
Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty