Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 06:10 AM   #701

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
Two issues:

After getting my 36QBOK back from warrant repairs from my dealer I have found two non working features. My radio does not have any power. I have checked the fuses and no problem there. I can not see where it "plugs in" or gets power. The flooring was replaced and I am wondering if the cabinets below the TV/Radio had to be removed to run flooring? If so, was the power supply to the radio damaged or disconnected? Also a possible other related issue. The central vac turns on but there is no suction. I have checked the hose and it is not obstructed or clogged. Could a hose behind the unit have come loose when the flooring was replaced? I have not contacted my dealer yet. Just looking for possible easy solutions I can tackle myself as my dealer is 3 hours away.

Thanks!
There's a 15A fuse on the back of the radio, next to all of the wires. Sounds like the hose may be unattached somewhere on the central vac. Both are probably easy to fix and not worth a trip back to the dealer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
Old 05-27-2014, 06:24 AM   #702
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydBack View Post
There's a 15A fuse on the back of the radio, next to all of the wires. Sounds like the hose may be unattached somewhere on the central vac. Both are probably easy to fix and not worth a trip back to the dealer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forest River Forums mobile app
It's quite possible there's two fuses behind the radio.
One plugged directly into radio "ato" fuse and an in line glass fuse in the power wire.

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
Old 05-27-2014, 06:36 AM   #703
Here to Help

Quote:
Two issues:

After getting my 36QBOK back from warrant repairs from my dealer I have found two non working features. My radio does not have any power. I have checked the fuses and no problem there. I can not see where it "plugs in" or gets power. The flooring was replaced and I am wondering if the cabinets below the TV/Radio had to be removed to run flooring? If so, was the power supply to the radio damaged or disconnected? Also a possible other related issue. The central vac turns on but there is no suction. I have checked the hose and it is not obstructed or clogged. Could a hose behind the unit have come loose when the flooring was replaced? I have not contacted my dealer yet. Just looking for possible easy solutions I can tackle myself as my dealer is 3 hours away.

Thanks!

Other than then the fuses, I don't have any ideas. You might consider calling the dealer and asking them discuss this with the tech that did the work. He might have ideas of what you can fix based on how he did the install.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:45 AM   #704

This may be a batter spot for my message posted in another thread! Sabresam, can you help me?

Hey All,
New on this forum and new Sabre RV owner! After owning a few tow behinds we finally made the jump to a FW and selected the 2014 Sabre 35QSIK deciding it was the perfect unit for our little family (7month and 4 year old).

I have two questions, I know the 2015's come with LED's under the awning, my next step is to install a set on my 2014, where is the best place to draw power for the cleanest installation possible? Is the power to the power awning a viable option? Otherwise, where would be the best option?

Secondly, my Sabre is the beige/brown color, is there a caulking/silicone code that would work best to color match? I would like to re-do some areas and also, if I have to drill into the FW to get the LED's wired, then I would like to have the proper color to fix everything~

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 05-27-2014, 06:47 AM   #705

Quote:
Two issues:

Thanks!
We had the same issue with the central vac when we picked up our 35QSIK, the hose was actually plugged into the exhaust... just remove the panel in the storage area and check it out... real easy to access!
Old 05-27-2014, 09:39 AM   #706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebber View Post
This may be a batter spot for my message posted in another thread! Sabresam, can you help me?

Hey All,
New on this forum and new Sabre RV owner! After owning a few tow behinds we finally made the jump to a FW and selected the 2014 Sabre 35QSIK deciding it was the perfect unit for our little family (7month and 4 year old).

I have two questions, I know the 2015's come with LED's under the awning, my next step is to install a set on my 2014, where is the best place to draw power for the cleanest installation possible? Is the power to the power awning a viable option? Otherwise, where would be the best option?

Secondly, my Sabre is the beige/brown color, is there a caulking/silicone code that would work best to color match? I would like to re-do some areas and also, if I have to drill into the FW to get the LED's wired, then I would like to have the proper color to fix everything~

On the lights; on my 34tbok, I simply followed the awning rail down and into the basement for 12v power. I have a 12v plug just inside the basement door and was able to easily tie onto the back of that. I have a few inches of power (speaker) wire showing, but its so close to the awning most people never notice it. I'm trying to get a pic uploaded but my phone isn't playing nice today....on the wall mounted rails, with the awning deployed, there is a plastic trim piece that pops out and then you'll see where the factory ran wires out.

Sent by me
Old 05-27-2014, 09:44 AM   #707

Perfect, thanks much!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:02 AM   #708

Quote:

Hey All,

On the lights; on my 34tbok, I simply followed the awning rail down and into the basement for 12v power. I have a 12v plug just inside the basement door and was able to easily tie onto the back of that. I have a few inches of power (speaker) wire showing, but its so close to the awning most people never notice it. I'm trying to get a pic uploaded but my phone isn't playing nice today....on the wall mounted rails, with the awning deployed, there is a plastic trim piece that pops out and then you'll see where the factory ran wires out.

Sent by me
Old 05-27-2014, 08:09 PM   #709

Dinette table and chairs ?

We just purchased a 2010 31REDS is mint condition and we are very happy. Quite an upgrade from our hybrid Shamrock 19...

2 questions on the dinette table and chairs

1- Why is the stain used slightly lighter in shade than the rest of the woodwork ? (seen it in other photos, so it's not just ours)

2. The chair seats do not flip up and thus have no storage areas, yet the brochure mentions it... did Palomino change the design ?

Thanks and best regards.

Denis
Old 05-28-2014, 02:32 PM   #710
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatared View Post
We just purchased a 2010 31REDS is mint condition and we are very happy. Quite an upgrade from our hybrid Shamrock 19...

2 questions on the dinette table and chairs

1- Why is the stain used slightly lighter in shade than the rest of the woodwork ? (seen it in other photos, so it's not just ours)

2. The chair seats do not flip up and thus have no storage areas, yet the brochure mentions it... did Palomino change the design ?

Thanks and best regards.

Denis
Dear Owner,
Not sure how you want me to comment on the stain color. You can stain it darker if you'd like.

The flip up chair pads were a newer model year feature.

Thanks
Sabresam
Old 05-28-2014, 06:50 PM   #711

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear Owner,
Not sure how you want me to comment on the stain color. You can stain it darker if you'd like.

The flip up chair pads were a newer model year feature.

Thanks
Sabresam
1. My point is that the dinette and chair set, being a lighter shade, look out of place a bit, every other piece of wood in the trailer is the same shade, nice hickory tone, so I thought maybe it was not the original furniture. One would have thought Palomino would have color matched all woodwork. Ah well.

2. The 2010 Sabre brochure (which I have) showed the flip up chair pads as a feature. It's a 2010, so I was hoping I would have them... Another ah well.

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:43 AM   #712
Here to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatared View Post
1. My point is that the dinette and chair set, being a lighter shade, look out of place a bit, every other piece of wood in the trailer is the same shade, nice hickory tone, so I thought maybe it was not the original furniture. One would have thought Palomino would have color matched all woodwork. Ah well.

2. The 2010 Sabre brochure (which I have) showed the flip up chair pads as a feature. It's a 2010, so I was hoping I would have them... Another ah well.

Thanks.
You bring up a good point. You purchased a used trailer and the dinette may not be the one we shipped in the original unit.

Enjoy camping and your Sabre.

Sabresam
Old 06-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #713
BuckeyeGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
Dear customer
We do not encourage any types of supports being added to slide out rooms. Supporting the rooms could cause the seals not to work properly.

Jt stongarms are a nice add on for adding stability. I hope that helps.
What are JT Strongarms?
Old 06-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #714
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegal View Post
What are JT Strongarms?
This. http://www.lci1.com/jt-strong-arm

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
Old 06-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #715

SabreSam, based on the 2014 brochure, the 35QSIK is to come standard with a 17ft lighted awning, is that correct?
Old 06-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #716
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
SabreSam, based on the 2014 brochure, the 35QSIK is to come standard with a 17ft lighted awning, is that correct?
Early 14's did not have a lighted awning.
Vin number dependant.

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
Old 06-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #717

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Early 14's did not have a lighted awning.
Vin number dependant.

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
Thanks Turbs, is there a way to get my vin checked to see if mine applied? I battled with the dealer, they said that only the 2015's had the LED's. Of course by now I installed my own but the dealer is really sucking service wise right now so anything I can put to them I will

Also, just curious, the 35QSIK as per the website comes with a 17ft awning, mine came with a 20ft awning...whats the scoop with that?
Old 06-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #718
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

How are you measuring?

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
Old 06-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #719

Tape measure... width of awning itself, not the arms...
Old 06-03-2014, 09:16 PM   #720
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Tape measure... width of awning itself, not the arms...
Hmmm doesn't seem right.

My awning is a 17 and actually measures about 16

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
Closed Thread

Tags
factory, sabre, warranty