Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2014, 10:20 AM   #1

Angry 2009 Sabre 28 RETS Continuing Problems

Some Sabre owners out there may have read my earlier post on this site as to the poor quality of our 2009 Sabre 5th wheel. Well here's more; Last month we took a trip to the coast of Texas for a few weeks of Sun, Fishing, Sea Food, and Fun. While removing the electrical plug from the RV, I noticed the seal for the slide, which was open, had split along the bulb of the seal. Looking further at the seal I found it to split open along the top and opposite side. I then began to look at the seals around the other 2 slides and found them to be split open also.

This RV is kept under a RV carport, when not on the road, where little sun and a small amount of blowing rain gets to it. I have always kept the seals protected with slide preservative, but it didn't help.

Oh, the propane pressure regulator for the bottle on the door side of the RV also blew its seal and began to leak. Glad there was no open flame close or who knows what would have happened.
cruisinhwy66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sabre