Old 05-13-2015, 09:44 PM   #11
JDV

Hello all. I'm new to this forum stuff but I defiantly find it very interesting its good to have access to all the knowledge out the in Sabre land.
Anyhow I have a 2015 33 Rest. We just installed a penguin for the second ac above the bed room. Awesome unit no leaks and keeps the height to 13.2.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:45 PM   #12

Thanks, for the update. I'm kinda new here too. That would be a little too high for me. Better to sweat than damage anything.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:52 PM   #13
JDV

Legal height is 13.6 so no worries for over height
Old 05-14-2015, 12:17 AM   #14
Fulltime family RVer

2011 Palomino Sabre 31 CKTS Second A/C?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwa1000 View Post
Thanks, for the update. I'm kinda new here too. That would be a little too high for me. Better to sweat than damage anything.

I wouldn't expect it to add much more than 4-5" compared to anything else in the vicinity.

13' 4" tall for me when hitched up with a full profile A/C.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:19 PM   #15

Thank you all for the wonderful input. I did have a few words with the service manager and she FINALLY contacted Forest River Service Department and amazingly a Penguin II is now on order and due to be installed in our rig next week. If it hadn't been for all your insights I probably would have just let it go, and then would been swearing and cussing once in warm weather and not be able to sleep because of the heat. Thanks again! Cheers to you on those happy trails.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:21 PM   #16

We had the bedroom air installed on our 2013 Sabre req34. It leaked after a very hard rain. Dealer said a seal was twisted and charged us $100 + to repair. They had installed it. They said our extended warranty didn't cover that. We were disappointed when we realized they had not installed an air conditioner that was wired to the thermostat on the wall so we must control it manually. Might want to be sure you know what you are getting on that issue.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker country View Post
We had the bedroom air installed on our 2013 Sabre req34. It leaked after a very hard rain. Dealer said a seal was twisted and charged us $100 + to repair. They had installed it. They said our extended warranty didn't cover that. We were disappointed when we realized they had not installed an air conditioner that was wired to the thermostat on the wall so we must control it manually. Might want to be sure you know what you are getting on that issue.
Thanks Husker Country for your post. We were told that the a/c will not be connected to the thermostat on the wall, that we will have to manually control it. Is that the same for the others have an Penguin II Low Profile a/c?
Old 05-18-2015, 06:01 PM   #18

yes, that is correct. Thats how ours is installed too. They told us that in advance.

Tags
2011, palomino, sabre