Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2019, 10:52 AM   #1

2019 36BHQ Bedroom Cable TV

I have a 2019 36BHQ. In my bedroom there is only one cable tv hook up option. It is connected to my antenna. When I hook up to the park cable, I get no signal in the bedroom. In the living room I have 2 options to hook up to, one is labeled tv and the other is labeled sat/aux. The sat/aux supplies my living room with park cable fine. When hooked to the tv jack, I can get antenna channels fine in both places. Is this normal? Do I not have cable options in my bedroom? Very aggravating. Thanks for any help.
5stringdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:00 AM   #2

I too had a similar problem and sometimes turning off the booster in the back of the main tv would work for the other TVs but it was inconsistent and dependent on the strength of the signal.

I wound up getting a 2 way splitter and in the storage panel I disconnected the 2 antenna/cable and SAT put them into just the one top connection so no matter what now all the connections get the same signal to all the TVs.

On ours the outside cable jack and the bunk room were wired weird for the SAT it was frustrating. Now there is no guessing.

Hope this helps.
matt
Matt_Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 01:18 PM   #3

Thanks Matt for helping, now to make sure I understand, where did you put the splitter? Behind the tv in the living room? Where the booster light is?
Old 08-13-2019, 02:08 PM   #4

Thanks Matt for helping, now to make sure I understand, where did you put the splitter? Behind the tv in the living room? Where the booster light is?
Old 08-13-2019, 04:11 PM   #5

I put the splitter behind the cable input in the storage bin behind the plug next to the shower thing.

I put it there because I could still use one input and both coaxial lines are together at that place.

does that help?
Old 08-13-2019, 06:00 PM   #6

Ok Matt, I will give that a try. Thanks
Old 08-14-2019, 02:30 PM   #7

It sounds like you are connecting to the wrong input. You should have two inputs on the outside of the trailer. Try connecting to the other one and then connecting the tv to the other on on the interior wall. As I recall the booster should be off with cable.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 04:18 PM   #8

@CedarCreekWoody you are correct, there are 2 but they wiring to the main TV has 2 with a booster and then the other TVs have one jack and it was a pain to go out and flip and then move the jacks in the back of the TV because the factory TV only had one coaxial input jack. The splitter worked out good because it fed all the jacks with the campground cable and using the TV source you could easily switch to air/booster if needed.

This was my experience at least.
matt
Old 08-14-2019, 05:16 PM   #9

Try switching the connections where they come into the camper. I have a 19 36bhq and mine are labeled wrong SAT is actually cable and Cable is SAT.

My first
kho6658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kho6658 View Post
Try switching the connections where they come into the camper. I have a 19 36bhq and mine are labeled wrong SAT is actually cable and Cable is SAT.
Yes, that is the point I was trying to make earlier. They may be labeled wrong. Try switching them around. Mine were backwards too.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 08:24 AM   #11

Labeled wrong

You guys are exactly correct. The inputs for the outside connection are labeled wrong. What a rookie mistake. Thank you all for your help and hopefully someone with the same problem can find this for help.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:59 PM   #12

Mine to was screwed up. I switched cable to SAT and it worked perfect.
Ram36BHQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, cable, roo