Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2015, 05:23 PM   #1

2nd AC Unit

I have a Sabre 34CKTS. Is the 2nd AC in the bedroom suppose to be ducted?
Old 08-30-2015, 05:34 PM   #2

I purchased a new fr salem and it did not have a bedroom a/c, so I purchased a new one from Camping world to match the one in the living room and the installer said when u added an a/c after purchase of rv not when ordered new, the a/c would not be ducted, so that may be why it is not ducted
tommie.graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 06:08 PM   #3
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJSLou View Post
I have a Sabre 34CKTS. Is the 2nd AC in the bedroom suppose to be ducted?
Yes, if it is a factory installed ac and there will be another thermostat in the bedroom.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 06:25 PM   #4

You answered your own question with the installer quote. Not ducted unless extra thermostat and duct work exist from factory
trackmanbfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:53 AM   #5

When I close the direct vent the ceiling puffs up and no air comes out any of the vents. I do have a 2nd thermostat in the room.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:52 AM   #6

Without pictures it is hard to advise. If you have purchased a unit with all the controls(off on and temp ) on the unit itself it will not be ducted to your factory vents. If the new unit is controlled by the thermostat on the wall it would be vented to your existing factory vents
trackmanbfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 01:39 PM   #7

I have two of the exact same thermostats in the trailer. One is on the wall near the kitchen and the other on the wall in my bedroom. The dealer said it wasn't vented but the guy who came out to look at it for the dealer thought it should be. I was hoping that someone on here with a similar model could advise me how theirs is hooked up?
Old 08-31-2015, 02:07 PM   #8
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJSLou View Post
I have two of the exact same thermostats in the trailer. One is on the wall near the kitchen and the other on the wall in my bedroom. The dealer said it wasn't vented but the guy who came out to look at it for the dealer thought it should be. I was hoping that someone on here with a similar model could advise me how theirs is hooked up?
My '15 sabre is set up the same as yours on the ac. I can turn on my front ac only and i will get air thru the whole trailer, but of course i get a lot more if both are on. If you take your air filter off or pull off some of the vent covers in the bedroom, i bet you find a blockage in it. The duct is in foam or is foam so anything is possible. I had some areas that weren't sealed so i had some air excaping thru the attic.
If you have any more questions ill try my best to help!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:34 AM   #9

Called Palomino directly. FYI per Gary yes it is suppose to blow through the vents.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:28 PM   #10
Are we there yet.......

I also have the 36qbok and I installed my bedroom a/c myself. Yes!! If it came from the factory with the power/thermostat it is ducted. :-)
Pbalmer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:14 PM   #11

I also have a 2016 33ckts and was wondering the same thing and can't figure it out. If I close the "Quick cool" vent on the unit in the bedroom I don't feel any air out of the round ceiling vents, I do if I close the living room unit. I also noticed that the bedroom unit cycles on and off every 10 mins or so which seems like it is short cycling.

I am taking it back to the dealer next week for that and a few other items. Sure wish they would have put upgraded wall thermostats in these, doesn't show you room temperature only what it is set to.
16k Reese Titan Slider
40 gal ATI Transfer tank
Load Lifter 5000 Airbags
glraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:55 PM   #12

Dealer said that it isn't ducted but there is tap stopping it from blowing into the ducts. he said he confirmed with Gary that is how it is supposed to be but I'm not sure I agree. Going to ask Sabre directly.
16k Reese Titan Slider
40 gal ATI Transfer tank
Load Lifter 5000 Airbags
Old 09-22-2015, 04:20 PM   #13

I contacted FR directly and the responded that "it should be ducted" so the dealer was incorrect and wonder if they really contacted Gary. Will be looking at fixing it myself now.
16k Reese Titan Slider
40 gal ATI Transfer tank
Load Lifter 5000 Airbags
Old 10-09-2015, 01:48 PM   #14

Was able to duct this myself. Just a matter of removing the tape on each side where the ducts turned into the plenum. Bedroom air now blows through ducts into living area.
16k Reese Titan Slider
40 gal ATI Transfer tank
Load Lifter 5000 Airbags