Old 08-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #41

Like I said, I hope this can get resolved as it sure does not sound like the same Forest River we met at Goshen.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Ada, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hep100 View Post
I have never been more pissed off in my life.
Deep breath-------
First off, sorry for your issue with the slide/tires.

There is a section in the TrailerLife magazine that is dedicated to helping in cases like yours. The article says:
After exhausting all other resources without success, please forward information with copies of bills and correspondence to:
RV Action Line 3300 Fernbrook Lane N, Suite 200, Minneapolis MN 55447
Please include a self addressed stamped envelope.
No phone calls please.
Since I've been reading the mag, they have helped a lot of folks with all kinds of problems. Good luck.
PS-----Don't rule out getting your local Motor Vehicle Dept. involved either, after all it is safety related.

2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #43

I can only imagine how frustrated you might be right now (I would be devastated knowing this is extremely new and quite costly). One other option you might want to check on is how your insurance would deal with this type of situation. Most vehicles are considered totaled if the frame is bent beyond repair, if a trailer is treated the same it might be an option for you. Of course it also depends on your policy and what the payout would be, but it might be a quicker and less costly option by the time you pay lawyers fees, court costs, etc.

Regardless of your path to resolution, I hope things can be resolved to a satisfactory level for you.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #44

Yeah, I have called my insurance company and talked to a lawyer. See what works out the best. Thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:52 PM   #45

That is about as bad as it gets! A bent frame with no accident how could that happen? I've been on a rant about FR QC on another thread due to my problems last year which have resolved with persistence, a great deal of time, and travel costs on my end. Just doesn't seem right to pay good money and end up with a poorly made product. I talked to a few lawyers last year. Not much they could do since the lemon law doesn't cover RVs at least in New York. The ones I contacted were reluctant to pick up the case because there is kittle to no money in a settlement or them like the lemon law provides for autos. If an auto is defective under the lemon law the maker of the auto pays for the repairs/replacements and legal costs. If there was some protection for RVs it might force manufactures like FR to take a closer look at their QC and warranty programs. Now they can put out crap and once we pick it up we are at the mercy of their warranty approval process. I had to get the president of the dealership I purchased my unit from to get involved. Once he started putting pressure on FR things started to move. Should not have to be that hard. Always owned Jayco's in the past. Very few if any problems with Jayco products. Loved the layout of the Palomino I purchased but less than thrilled with FR QC process and quality of the materials they are using. I been regretting the switch since. Good luck I feel for you. Hopefully FR does the right thing. I would urge all RV owners to advocate for some lemon law or other protection at any chance the have!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #46

Maybe using the 'power in numbers' theory, everyone that owns a QBOK should write a letter letting them know we have a friend on here that has an issue with his rig and until it's taking care of free of charge, we will be spreading the word of dissatisfaction towards FR by way of social media.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:44 PM   #47

That would be amazing if I was able to get that kind of support!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:19 PM   #48

hep- you could go to their Facebook page and 'air' some questions...............https://www.facebook.com/palominorv

And for those who want to help out and write a paragraph or two in Hep's behalf, you can do it here...........Palomino RV - Manufacturer of Quaility RVs since 1968

I wrote to sabre's customer service, hope others do as well. Good luck. PS---for those who do write, make sure you check off Sabre not Palomino.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #49

That is Awesome! thanks so much for the support and thanks everyone else who is willing to support this!!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 11:18 PM   #50

Thumbs up

Well, I sent a message and posted on the facebook page! I hope i can get some support so that FR can step up and make this right, Thanks in advance for all your help!