Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #41

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Like I said, I hope this can get resolved as it sure does not sound like the same Forest River we met at Goshen.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hep100 View Post
I have never been more pissed off in my life.
Deep breath-------
First off, sorry for your issue with the slide/tires.

There is a section in the TrailerLife magazine that is dedicated to helping in cases like yours. The article says:
After exhausting all other resources without success, please forward information with copies of bills and correspondence to:
RV Action Line 3300 Fernbrook Lane N, Suite 200, Minneapolis MN 55447
Please include a self addressed stamped envelope.
No phone calls please.
Since I've been reading the mag, they have helped a lot of folks with all kinds of problems. Good luck.
PS-----Don't rule out getting your local Motor Vehicle Dept. involved either, after all it is safety related.
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #43

I can only imagine how frustrated you might be right now (I would be devastated knowing this is extremely new and quite costly). One other option you might want to check on is how your insurance would deal with this type of situation. Most vehicles are considered totaled if the frame is bent beyond repair, if a trailer is treated the same it might be an option for you. Of course it also depends on your policy and what the payout would be, but it might be a quicker and less costly option by the time you pay lawyers fees, court costs, etc.

Regardless of your path to resolution, I hope things can be resolved to a satisfactory level for you.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #44

Yeah, I have called my insurance company and talked to a lawyer. See what works out the best. Thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated.
hep100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #45

That is about as bad as it gets! A bent frame with no accident how could that happen? I've been on a rant about FR QC on another thread due to my problems last year which have resolved with persistence, a great deal of time, and travel costs on my end. Just doesn't seem right to pay good money and end up with a poorly made product. I talked to a few lawyers last year. Not much they could do since the lemon law doesn't cover RVs at least in New York. The ones I contacted were reluctant to pick up the case because there is kittle to no money in a settlement or them like the lemon law provides for autos. If an auto is defective under the lemon law the maker of the auto pays for the repairs/replacements and legal costs. If there was some protection for RVs it might force manufactures like FR to take a closer look at their QC and warranty programs. Now they can put out crap and once we pick it up we are at the mercy of their warranty approval process. I had to get the president of the dealership I purchased my unit from to get involved. Once he started putting pressure on FR things started to move. Should not have to be that hard. Always owned Jayco's in the past. Very few if any problems with Jayco products. Loved the layout of the Palomino I purchased but less than thrilled with FR QC process and quality of the materials they are using. I been regretting the switch since. Good luck I feel for you. Hopefully FR does the right thing. I would urge all RV owners to advocate for some lemon law or other protection at any chance the have!!!
bucsplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:43 PM   #46

Maybe using the 'power in numbers' theory, everyone that owns a QBOK should write a letter letting them know we have a friend on here that has an issue with his rig and until it's taking care of free of charge, we will be spreading the word of dissatisfaction towards FR by way of social media.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #47

That would be amazing if I was able to get that kind of support!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 09:19 PM   #48

hep- you could go to their Facebook page and 'air' some questions...............https://www.facebook.com/palominorv

And for those who want to help out and write a paragraph or two in Hep's behalf, you can do it here...........Palomino RV - Manufacturer of Quaility RVs since 1968

I wrote to sabre's customer service, hope others do as well. Good luck. PS---for those who do write, make sure you check off Sabre not Palomino.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:34 PM   #49

That is Awesome! thanks so much for the support and thanks everyone else who is willing to support this!!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:18 PM   #50

Thumbs up

Well, I sent a message and posted on the facebook page! I hope i can get some support so that FR can step up and make this right, Thanks in advance for all your help!
Old 09-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #51

Glad to help out. Exposure is usually the best remedy in a situation like this, and don't give up. Make them sick of hearing from you. I bought my QBOK last Oct from a dealer in NH ( we live in CT). I hadn't even unhooked it from the truck after bringing it home from the day we bought it and noticed I'd been dragging a 14 ga wire underneath the galley slide most of the way home. I called the dealer, and they told me I HAD to bring it back there because FR wouldn't honor the warranty otherwise. I went to my nearest FR dealer which happens to be less than a mile from my house and they said they would take care of it and submit it to FR. Never heard from FR, and the job was taken care of. Don't roll over for them!
Old 09-08-2015, 05:25 PM   #52

What ever happened in the end? I'm having the same issue with mine now.
plmbnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:43 PM   #53
Plain Old Member

Curious myself.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:17 PM   #54
Are we there yet.......

Well crap!!!! I have a 2014 36qbok. :-/. I just crossed this subject and am shocked and are going to storage to check mine.
Pbalmer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:40 PM   #55

not a thing ever happened. they never got back to me regardless of how many times i tried to get a hold of them. I ended up selling it as is and moved on to a different trailer... not forest river that is for sure.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:50 PM   #56
Are we there yet.......

Ok. Ok. I have to ask... To all owners of a 36qbok does any others have this issue? Also has it been brought to a dealers attention? I do see issues could arise do to all seating is to one side of the unit. Just four average adults could add from 700 to 800 lbs to that side.

Any camping will do. :-)
Pbalmer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:54 PM   #57

Haven't had that problem. Probably have about 6k + miles on it now, but this year it has been sitting at a seasonal except for last weekend. Took it off the seasonal last weekend for a 150 mile trip and no issues.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:55 PM   #58
Always Learning

Many thousands of miles on mine (4k in the last 3 months) and no signs of this issue.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:30 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbalmer65 View Post
Ok. Ok. I have to ask... To all owners of a 36qbok does any others have this issue? Also has it been brought to a dealers attention? I do see issues could arise do to all seating is to one side of the unit. Just four average adults could add from 700 to 800 lbs to that side.

Never noticed the tire rubbing, but mine is at the dealer now because it leans to that side. It actually sits 1.375" lower on that side. The springs look pretty much the same from one side to the other so I wouldn't be surprised if my frame is bent.

In hindsight I should never have taken delivery of this thing. When I went to pick it up I noticed that the bedroom door would not stay latched. The dealer fixed it while I did the paperwork. Then when we were leaving we noticed that the basement door on that side and the front one didn't latch properly. We went to lunch and they fixed them by shimming under the catches for the latches. I get about 8 hours into my 11 hour drive home and noticed in the rest area that the whole thing was leaning. Called the dealer and they said it was probably a spring. Now I'm wondering if the frame is bent. That would certainly explain why I had trouble with doors not latching. I still have an issue with the bedroom door. It feels like it is spring loaded when I close it and it pops open all the time when I am walking around in the camper.

Now I'm just waiting patiently, and more and more getting the feeling that I am about to get the shaft.

Nights Camped, 2015: 23, 2016: 27, 2017: 29, 2018: 22, 2019: 29
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 02:50 PM   #60
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbalmer65 View Post

Haven't noticed anything yet. Honestly I've probably only pulled ours about 500 miles or so since we picked it up. We haven't had any problems (knock on wood) since we got ours back last spring from our dealer who did some warranty work over the winter.

I think this weekend is the 4th or 5th weekend we HAVEN'T stayed in it since the end of march! But being on a permanent site is probably alot easier on one than traveling all over the country. We love ours,.....wish i had just bought a lake house instead, but lake lot rental has its benefits, plus no mowing!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote