Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2014, 06:25 AM   #1

Adding Sabre Roof Vents

We are working on our new, week old, Sabre 35 QSIK, you know, customizing, Tim Allenizing, making it ours. The list the wife and I came up with is 3 pages long! I have a question I would like your opinion on before I sawzall...

There is no roof vent in the kids bunk room, it gets pretty warm and smelly in there, so I would like to add one, maybe even with the fan like the bathroom has. Has anyone done this? Any advice for me? Or is this something only done at the factory or by a good dealer? I am confident doing pretty much anything to this trailer, but I get nervous when it comes to poking holes in the roof.
pschnetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #2

Congrats on your new Sabre 35 QSIK. Sorry to read about the problems in your other post. Your dealer should be able to add a vent to the bunk room. Make sure you add roof vent covers to all your roof vents so you can leave them open in the rain for air circulation.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:44 PM   #3

P, im a QSIK owner also with 3 stinking boys, what a great idea! Post pics I gotta do this...keep me posted on any ither mods....thanks
Redleg13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Personally, I'd be afraid to cut holes in the roof. Also,what would this do to your warranty?
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:50 PM   #5

I talked to the purchasing dealer today, and they said $300 to supply and install if it there are provisions for it in the ceiling, or add an hour if they need to frame it out. Made it sound like it wasn't too much hassle. I'm going to wait until the off season before I decide what to do...
pschnetts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof, sabre, vent