Old 10-15-2016, 09:12 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
If you're a Direct tv customer, they also have a RV monthly deal
That's what they told me too, but when I stopped and switched to Dish, they hit me with a $200 fee. Arguing did nothing.

Much better treatment with Dish and the new hopper 3.

Northern Ohio
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:20 AM   #12
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Where I live, have a very narrow window, through the trees, to get any satilight....so I have to go with sd direct

Old 10-15-2016, 09:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
If you're a Direct tv customer, they also have a RV monthly deal
Now I have some phone calls to make, thanks.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:32 AM   #14
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
That's what they told me too, but when I stopped and switched to Dish, they hit me with a $200 fee. Arguing did nothing.

Much better treatment with Dish and the new hopper 3.
I had DIRECTV a while back and found out it's easier to get rid of cancer than get rid of them. Far and above the worst company I have ever dealt with.

My daughter has Dish (no cable where she lives) with two boxes. I can use the iPad or iPhone to log into her service and watch any channel live. Then I mirror the i-thingy to watch the programming on the big screen tv.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:57 AM   #15
Mod free 5er

To be perfectly honest, we don't see any difference in quality between digital and analog.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:39 AM   #16
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
To be perfectly honest, we don't see any difference in quality between digital and analog.
Agree with you. My eyes aren't that good.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:39 AM   #17
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
X2
Old 10-15-2016, 11:06 AM   #18
I go RV'ing not Camping

I have bell at home here in Canada and I have the winegard carryout g2. Both work great so my recommendation would be to get Dish. Here is why: in theory you could bring Dish back to Canada and it would work fine, for me that doesn't work because I would lose Blue Jays coverage and CFL coverage in the summer and hockey in the winter.

With the winegard carryout it can run Bell satellite systems and Dish satellite systems with the flip of a switch. Easy peasy and the satellite is all automatic so no fuss no muss.

So get a Dish system for down south get on their month to month plan. Get the carryout satellite dish and when you come home keep using the Dish if you like the US tv programming better or get Bell for your house and then when you are in Canada camping during the summer you can have Bell in your Rv too.

Hope that helps? If you have any questions or my explanation wasn't clear just let me know. I have spent the better part of 3 years getting my trailer ready to go with HD satellite and pvr's and multiple tv's inside and outside the trailer good to go for watching "the game" whenever I like
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:19 PM   #19

We have DISH at home so just need to take 2 boxes in our 5th wheel. Just bought a new King Tailgater, it works much better than our old dome. One thing not mentioned above is that with DISH and auto setup domes you get full HD anywhere you go. With Direct HD is not available, they only receive SD.
Center Point suspension
2005 F-350 6.0 psd CC SRW
PullRite Super 5th
Telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:53 PM   #20

Dish and Pay-As-You-Go

For the most part my wife and I have had pretty good success with out DISH Tailgater (2 years old) and Dish programming. The Pay-As-You-Go service has mostly plusses but there are a few drawbacks.

As an RVer when you no longer need the Dish service, do you simply say, "Please disconnect my service and when I need to use the Dish programming again, I'll contact you." Or do you tell the Dish rep, "Please put my account on PAUSE"? Now that doesn't sound too difficult but, sadly, not all the Dish customer service reps understand how the Pay-As-You-Go plan is supposed to work, especially the reps with limited English skills. You only pay for what you use...supposedly. On more than one occasion Dish has attempted to bill me inappropriately for service time that I have not used on the RV program. So far, I have had the most success using the Chat feature on the Dish website in starting and stopping the Pay-As-You-Go programming.

The portable Tailgater offers a lot of flexibility. You just have to be patient in finding the signal. To this extent I use a Dish satellite finder app on my iPhone. Also, we have been able to receive a Dish signal in British Columbia with no difficulty.