Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2015, 11:44 AM   #41
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
That's why sometimes the sites around a person smell, even though there's no one you can see ,dump'n.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 11:56 AM   #42
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Only problem with this is with the tank open, you are venting the whole cg sewer system thru your trailers vent system.
Nope just my gray tank dumping my shower into my septic tank.
What else ya got?

We got 5 or more people taking showers. Im not gonna sit there and pull the handle ever 30 minutes to drain the tank. And yes my 12 gal water heater will handle almost continued use with gas and electric on.
OC You can run your camper how you see fit but i thoroughly understand my systems and what services im hooked too and know what potential if any problems may be possible. Earlier this year when we took our camper back to our site My EMS system wouldn't allow us power. Had to call our power company and have a transformer replaced. 1 leg was running a hair over 100v and the other over 140v. Others had been having issues but didnt know what and others burned every appliance up.

Everybody needs to know how their services are set up and plan accordingly. Some sewers dump into a 12-18" or bigger pipe with vented man holes at the end of a run. No vent issues should arise there if p traps are working properly.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:01 PM   #43
Left Coast

Vent system has noth'n to do with p traps.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:09 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
I have never bothered with full service sites, so I am new to the whole " sewer hose hookups ".

My sabre has two drains. Do we just hook up two hoses, into a Y adapter, then into the ground?

Full service virgin.....

2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
They gave me a wye and hose from the dealer, I still do not use it. I hook up to the galley drain being that is used the most. Then wait until the Black and shower are filled then dump them...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:12 PM   #45
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Vent system has noth'n to do with p traps.
While this is somewhat true. A properly working p-trap prevents the air from entering a camper. I am failing to see any real problem and or heard of any real problem arising from gray tank being open. If a little air rises from my vent (if camping elsewhere).....so be it. It isnt gonna hurt me or my family.
Its like propane on or off or diesel vs gas.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:16 PM   #46

Quote:
Only problem with this is with the tank open, you are venting the whole cg sewer system thru your trailers vent system.
I don't know how true this is being you have a pee trap on the gray line. Unless your saying the gas's will go out your tank vent pipe? How many places have you been to that the person of head of you never put the cap back on the sewer line?

Old 09-20-2015, 12:20 PM   #47
Left Coast

P trap contain water which blocks odors from flow'n into camper....when tank (s) is draining, if there wasn't an a vent to the atmosphere, a vacumn would be present in tank,not allow'n free flow....
Old 09-20-2015, 12:27 PM   #48
Mod free 5er

As Bob says, the p traps only prevent the sewer gases from coming up in the trailer, by leaving the valves open, the entire cg sewer system vents thru the campers tank vents. You can walk by some campers and smell the gases and know they have a valve open. Just not my "cup of tea."
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:43 PM   #49

Quote:
As Bob says, the p traps only prevent the sewer gases from coming up in the trailer, by leaving the valves open, the entire cg sewer system vents thru the campers tank vents. You can walk by some campers and smell the gases and know they have a valve open. Just not my "cup of tea."
You have to also have septic tank vent open to allow the gas to escape at any park with that system. I have never smelled a unit next to me unless they were dumping black water. As many times you have been at my trailer I do not ever recall you saying you smelt my sweet roses. I always leave my galley valve open and have never had a smell yet or a complaint from anyone. Now Bob might be different....:rof lblack: Some people are a lot more sensitive. Most State parks have those little outhouses that vent directly up and then they pump those out it's not going into a system at all. Now tell me which would you smell first? Besides all that the ring that you use has space around them if they do not stick straight up, so gas's are always present just depends on degree.....:

Old 09-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #50
Oklahoma Proud

Are we assuming that the op and everyone else has a faulty vent system?
Ive got a bunch of vents on my camper.... i believe 1 for ever one of the 5 tanks and no problems like the ones stated. The only problem was the rear tank was vented into the bunkhouse originally because factory forgot the rear wall vent and it would stink anytime water went in the tank. Called gary at FR and he said to leave that valve open untill fixed.

Op as the only other 36qbok owner to comment here so far, with about 100 nights in it the past 2 seasons. I wouldn't worry about all this and try what ever you feel suits you best on whether to hook both up or not.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:10 PM   #51

Yup. Try and see.
it's not even at my house yet. Still at dealer waiting for ac and hitch.

Too bad, I won't even be able to use it till next year! Bummer.

2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
Old 09-20-2015, 01:15 PM   #52
Left Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
You have to also have septic tank vent open to allow the gas to escape at any park with that system. I have never smelled a unit next to me unless they were dumping black water. As many times you have been at my trailer I do not ever recall you saying you smelt my sweet roses. I always leave my galley valve open and have never had a smell yet or a complaint from anyone. Now Bob might be different....:rof lblack: Some people are a lot more sensitive. Most State parks have those little outhouses that vent directly up and then they pump those out it's not going into a system at all. Now tell me which would you smell first? Besides all that the ring that you use has space around them if they do not stick straight up, so gas's are always present just depends on degree.....:
Were're just to polite!
Old 09-20-2015, 01:17 PM   #53
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Were're just to polite!
You're right Bob.

Plus, we always park upwind.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 01:19 PM   #54
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Yup. Try and see.
it's not even at my house yet. Still at dealer waiting for ac and hitch.

Too bad, I won't even be able to use it till next year! Bummer.

2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
That sux!!
We just left to go home. Here's a pic of ours about an hour ago. We will probably use it most weekends till mid November And then a few here and there through out winter.
Here's what you have to look forward to!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1442773138290.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	89370  
Old 09-20-2015, 01:21 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
That sux!!
We just left to go home. Here's a pic of ours about an hour ago. We will probably use it most weekends till mid November And then a few here and there through out winter.

Ah the life of a Canadian.
Temps are almost single digits. C.

It's already winterized.

2008 F350 CCSB V10
2016 Sabre 36QBOK
Old 09-20-2015, 03:08 PM   #56

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Granted....just try'n to keep hose(s) to minimum. Would like to use under trailer storage tubes for other things....ladder, flag pole and etc.
The under trailer storage now attached with western red cedar shims?

[QUOTE=Kenny kustom;988846]Ah the life of a Canadian.

It's already winterized. Then we start more trips with. The fifth wheel. Hoping for the Warm fall there are talking about.

We have till thanksgiving at our seasonal. Then off for a warm fall weekend trips they are forecasting.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:14 PM   #57
Left Coast

[QUOTE=B and B;988975]The under trailer storage now attached with western red cedar shims?

With hand formed, and the help of a brake and vice, straight from the high performance of OC....and remnate bin
Think they're also signed!

Quote:
Ah the life of a Canadian.

It's already winterized. Then we start more trips with. The fifth wheel. Hoping for the Warm fall there are talking about.

We have Toll thanksgiving at our seasonal
Old 09-20-2015, 06:47 PM   #58
Left Coast

Another thought...if galley valve open all the time to drain into sewer connection at site, when it's done drain'n, it's open to galley tank which has a vent, so sewer gases would be there....
Old 09-26-2015, 08:07 AM   #59

My bathroom grey valve stays open except for a day before I'm ready to dump they black tank. The kitchen valve is open also except for once a month when I let it fill then dump it for a rinse. I have slinkys on each pipe and a Y. We are on a seasonal site.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 08:17 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
That sux!!
looks like you have to many toys. Go for it and have the most fun you can...

Tags
electrical