Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2019, 10:48 AM   #1

Frustrated with my Sabre 330ck

So we have had minor issues with the 5th wheel since we have purchased it just figured it is part of owning a trailer.

we towed to AZ last week and wow so many things not working as expected.

The refrigerator has stopped working 3 times, the first time the nice repair guy showed up hit the hidden reset button between the two red wires and left said it would get cold. It did restocked things the next day warm again. tossed things out again. Talked to another repair guy had me check a few things reset button again and check for fans since it is in the slide and no fans on the top of the unit. waiting on him to show up.

Trim shrinking on all areas of the trailer outside.

My kitchen slide has never opened all the way had the dealer "fix it" three times, still need to push a towel in it to keep air and thing out.

squishy bathroom floor no need to step on it and you can tell where the support under the floor is.

I talked to Forest River this morning waiting to hear back. It is just so frustrating to spend so much on this unit and have so many issues. I didn't even list the other things that we have taken care of already.
tadraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:29 PM   #2

Sorry to hear. Folks here seem to have reasonable success with independent shops rather than dealer.

Not sure if this will help, but my fridge will cut out on 15 amp when fireplace is on. It's fine on 30 and 50 amp.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:53 AM   #3

Angry

got the response I expected no support I will never purchase a Forest River RV again.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:21 AM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadraper View Post
I talked to Forest River this morning waiting to hear back. It is just so frustrating to spend so much on this unit and have so many issues. I didn't even list the other things that we have taken care of already.
Quote:
got the response I expected no support I will never purchase a Forest River RV again.
Are you talking about your response back from Forest River? Or your response on this forum?

If the latter, this forum isn't affiliated with Forest River nor is it monitored by company officials except in a couple of specific cases. So you can't have the expectation of getting a response from them here.

We can help here but only if you have specific concerns. I could read your frustration in your original post but didn't really see something specific to try and address with you.

As Skip12 said, I hate taking my rig to dealers. I'll generally try to take it to independent repair shops and have had better service from them. Better work and more prompt. Some have even dealt with the warranty side of things.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:32 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Did I miss reading your dealer’s response to your issues?

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:45 AM   #6

Making contact with the FR rep that can help get you to the right shop that can fix it is first. I have seen members on here help with phone #'s maybe some one will come along and help... Best of luck
Frank & Cindy--- (SOB) 5th Wheel ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed--- Payload 4394------Remi & Sage camping pups---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500---2019 48 days ---2020 28 days Camping
frank4711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:42 PM   #7

FR’s response no help unless I take it to yet another dealer. If it’s like the purchasing dealer well no go.

Oh well I will never buy a FR again.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:48 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
FR’s response no help unless I take it to yet another dealer. If it’s like the purchasing dealer well no go.

Oh well I will never buy a FR again.
If it's still under warranty, you can use an independent RV shop or mobile RV technician. You just have to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:12 PM   #9

Forest River warranty is a joke and so is the rep Chad Cook I don’t think he could even spell his own name.
NJCorm265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:14 PM   #10

I’ve been waiting for about 2 weeks now for a response I said the hell with it and fixed my issue myself I’m just glad I was broke down away from home
Old 10-12-2019, 08:25 PM   #11
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCorm265 View Post
I’ve been waiting for about 2 weeks now for a response I said the hell with it and fixed my issue myself I’m just glad I was broke down away from home
I don't understand?
You mentioned in your other tirade post that you bought your R/V 4-1/2 hours from home.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:40 PM   #12

I did buy my unit in pa which is 4 1/2 hours away but we were down in Cape May N.J. for 6 weeks and while inspecting my unit I notice the inner tire was rubbing so Driftwood RV Center was about a half a mile down the road so I figure I would drop it off there for the repairs they are a forest river dealer it would of been very unsafe bringing it back to the dealership I purchased from sorry for the confusing
Old 10-12-2019, 08:46 PM   #13

All I’m trying to say it shouldn’t be this hard trying to get our units repaired after paying with your hard earned money it really shouldn’t be hard
Old 10-12-2019, 09:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCorm265 View Post
All I’m trying to say it shouldn’t be this hard trying to get our units repaired after paying with your hard earned money it really shouldn’t be hard
This is the RV biz . Works better when you fix it yourself . I purchased from a dealer 1300 miles away if i needed parts their service guy would send them to me. I would send them pics and the parts would show up pretty quick just did the work myself so I know it's done right . Jeff Couches Rv was where I bought mine .

Now you can go to other brands but they all have problems and some major problems to much crap out there to list them all .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sabre