Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 01:39 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymhi View Post
Two suggestions:

1. A letter to the general manager of the dealer from an attorney often gets them off the dime. Be sure the cc. the BBB in the letter.

2. A call into your local news "troubleshooter" program can help accelerate the process. I would imagine a local dealer being on the news for a bad product/service would be the last thing they want. Even the possibility of the dealers name being mentioned on the local news may be enough motivation for quick resolution.

Best of luck!
Out of respect to the forum rules and moderators I'd like to ask everyone to refrain from the lawyer/lawsuit comments. If you have direct knowledge of any success in those areas a PM wouldn't be unwelcome though. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't end up down that path.

I don't want to mess with the dealer for a few reasons:

A. I don't fault them.
B. I certainly don't want to piss them off. They appear to be doing everything they can.
C. I didn't purchase it from them. They don't sell Sabres. Neither does anyone in this state or anywhere near here.

Nights Camped, 2015: 23, 2016: 27, 2017: 29, 2018: 22, 2019: 29
Old 02-25-2016, 01:40 PM   #22
Gold Miner At Heart

I feel bad for you.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:59 PM   #23

Send a message via Yahoo to carluv
Might be a silly thought, but are the tires the sane size on each side?
Old 02-25-2016, 02:01 PM   #24
Site Team - Lou

Mikey, F.R.O.G. Bob is trying to get in touch with you.
Have you answered his PMs?
Old 02-25-2016, 02:05 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysotp View Post
Out of respect to the forum rules and moderators I'd like to ask everyone to refrain from the lawyer/lawsuit comments.
Thank You

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:29 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysotp View Post
Out of respect to the forum rules and moderators I'd like to ask everyone to refrain from the lawyer/lawsuit comments. If you have direct knowledge of any success in those areas a PM wouldn't be unwelcome though. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't end up down that path.

I don't want to mess with the dealer for a few reasons:

A. I don't fault them.
B. I certainly don't want to piss them off. They appear to be doing everything they can.
C. I didn't purchase it from them. They don't sell Sabres. Neither does anyone in this state or anywhere near here.

First off don't leave it up to the dealer to deal with FR . you do it , make the calls , talk to the right people at FR and then work on setting up a time to take it to them . the only way it will be fixed correctly is to go back to the factory . this back and forth between the dealer and FR to authorized is just a waste of time . you should have posted this months ago and not have let it go on so long . once you pull up to the factory things will change . the people at FR who authorize repairs don't know squat and there job is to refuse as much work as they can to save the company a buck .
Old 02-25-2016, 02:39 PM   #27
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
First off don't leave it up to the dealer to deal with FR . you do it , make the calls , talk to the right people at FR and then work on setting up a time to take it to them . the only way it will be fixed correctly is to go back to the factory . this back and forth between the dealer and FR to authorized is just a waste of time . you should have posted this months ago and not have let it go on so long . once you pull up to the factory things will change . the people at FR who authorize repairs don't know squat and there job is to refuse as much work as they can to save the company a buck .
You had such a great post until that last part. I don't know your experiences or anything, but I've met and worked with my warranty manager and that wasn't at all his attitude.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:41 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by flymhi View Post
Two suggestions:

1. A letter to the general manager of the dealer from an attorney often gets them off the dime. Be sure the cc. the BBB in the letter.

2. A call into your local news "troubleshooter" program can help accelerate the process. I would imagine a local dealer being on the news for a bad product/service would be the last thing they want. Even the possibility of the dealers name being mentioned on the local news may be enough motivation for quick resolution.

Best of luck!
flymhi: Did you miss the part where this wasn't even the selling dealer? This dealer is just trying to help and has admitted it is beyond his capabilities. Why would he harm the reputation of this dealer? Unfortunately this is one of the problems in this industry that has existed since the beginning and is not about to change. His best bet is to work with FR and eventually they will either pick it up or he can take it back to the factory where the repairs will be completed. It sucks that this had to happen but I don't see anything changing in the near future. It's sort of the "nature of the beast".
2016 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 29MKS
Old 02-25-2016, 02:42 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by carluv View Post
Might be a silly thought, but are the tires the sane size on each side?
Yeah, definitely not a tire or spring issue. Not sure if it's even possible but it seems that either the frame is entirely out of whack or the coach itself was put on the frame crooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Mikey, F.R.O.G. Bob is trying to get in touch with you.
Have you answered his PMs?
I have. And I'm guessing he is the reason I just got a call from a FR big wig. Feeling a little optimistic but trying not to get my hopes up just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
Sounds like solid advice there. The dealer made it clear I was at the back of the line since I am not one of "their" customers and I was OK with that. Unfortunately when it got to be my turn they ran into a brick wall with the warranty people.

Nights Camped, 2015: 23, 2016: 27, 2017: 29, 2018: 22, 2019: 29
Old 02-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #30
Director, FROG

Folks, let's let Mike and the folks at Sabre have a chance to talk now and see if they can resolve the issue.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 02-25-2016, 04:34 PM   #31

Regardless of neigh sayers, lawyer up and go as public as you can. No one, dealer or FR wants bad press. Anything over 30 days is not acceptable from any retailer.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:40 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsvolsfan View Post
Regardless of neigh sayers, lawyer up and go as public as you can. No one, dealer or FR wants bad press. Anything over 30 days is not acceptable from any retailer.

He is in contact with FR now and needs to see how that goes. Lawyers can delay a problem resolution for years. FR will most likely make him happy. Always even before mentioning that word, see if the Good Sam resolution team can move things along.
Seriously, when I heard the word lawyer every employee was told to have no contact with the claimant. No phone calls, email, or letters answered. From that point on the lawyers handled everything. The company guy is on the payroll and your side comes out of your pocket ~~ a 30 day fix can now take 3 years. That is only the absolute last possible move.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:41 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Folks, let's let Mike and the folks at Sabre have a chance to talk now and see if they can resolve the issue.
Agreed, as that's the only two that can solve anything at this point. Closing thread as there is nothing else to be gained here at this point.

For those who keep pushing the lawsuit/attorney angle, please read the following for future reference:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post665355

Thank You

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread

Tags
camper