Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2016, 11:15 AM   #1
HELP!!! How do I get my camper replaced?

I am looking for advice from anyone that has successfully gotten the factory to either buy back their camper, or replace it with a new one. My 2015 36-QBOK has been in for service since September 8th, 2015 and it is no better off than when it went in. I was told I would have it back for my Columbus weekend trip. Then I was told I would have it back for my New Year’s Eve trip. Now I’m telling them I need it for my spring fishing trip which is 90% of the reason I have the stupid thing and they are still giving me the runaround. I bought it brand new last spring and they were made aware of this problem a couple of days after I bought it. I was even stupid enough to pay for the extended warranty. Lot of good that is going to do me.

I’m not sure how to proceed at this point. I’m guessing that Forest River taking over Sabre from Palomino is only going to make things even more complicated. Any idea what my next step should be? Who do I contact? At this point I have only dealt with the dealer and Robert Smith who is the Forest River warranty manager for the Sabre line. The dealer keeps telling me they can’t do anything without factory authorization and the factory keeps bouncing me around and now they are pushing me off to Lippert. I didn’t buy anything from Lippert. Why they think it is OK to tell me I have to go through their vendor is beyond me. I know for a fact that if I brought my Ford truck in with engine problems they would never hand me a phone number for Navistar. They would fix the problem and deal with their vendor as an aside. Anyway, Lippert is just plain ignoring the whole thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2015 Ram 3500 CC SRW SB 6.7 Diesel Powered Baby!
2015 Sabre 36QBOK-7

2015 Nights Camped: 23
2016 Nights Camped: 21
Old 02-24-2016, 11:22 AM   #2
Lippert has many components. Which one are you having trouble with and what is the extent? Six (6) months sitting in the shop without a resolution is ridiculous.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:35 AM   #3
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
A little more info on exact problem would help. I don't have the phone num but there are folks here that have been able to take there campers back to the factory to correct the issues. Later RJD
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
Old 02-24-2016, 11:37 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
I'd be curious as well what's wrong with your unit?

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
Old 02-24-2016, 01:35 PM   #5
Site Team - Lou
You have come to the right place. There are LOTS of folks here who can help you.

In my experience your issue is not normally with FR but with your local dealer.
We have folks here with some horsepower who can contact your dealer and investigate the holdup and get you a resolution (in most cases quickly).

PM me, if you like, with the particulars (VIN, Year, make, model, Dealer, your name and contact info, timeline and nature of problem) and I will get it to the right person to help you.

FYI -Mention a lawyer and everything stops. If there is talk of litigation, they hand you off to their lawyers and you know where THAT will go.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Old 02-24-2016, 04:57 PM   #6
I don't own a Sabre but I would get it back to the factory to have it taken care of. The dealer always blames the factory but most dealers are inept. On our coach we sat in Tuscan for a month had crappy repairs done and went back on the road less than month later the problems were back. I contacted the factory (it took several months to get in) within 5 minutes they determined the problem and 2 1/2 days later we were on the road with a fixed RV after the factory repaired everything the dealer was supposed to fix.
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:38 PM   #7
The problem is that the entire camper leans towards the drivers side. It appears that the thing was built crooked on the frame. It is clearly not suspension. The dealer has measured everything and they are positive it is not suspension. They have replaced the springs anyway because the factory insisted on it. That didn't help at all, it actually got a tiny bit worse if anything. Now the factory has decided to blame Lippert. It's hard for me to blame the dealer because they want to help me but they say it is out of the scope of their capabilities. They need to get authorization to do warranty work anyway and they aren't getting it. I believe the entire shell is out of whack. Doors won't latch and now one of the slides is hanging up and tearing up the floor. We love the camper but this just isn't right.
2015 Ram 3500 CC SRW SB 6.7 Diesel Powered Baby!
2015 Sabre 36QBOK-7

2015 Nights Camped: 23
2016 Nights Camped: 21
Old 02-24-2016, 09:57 PM   #8
I can tell you. I took my Aviator to Goshen with lots of tears and regret buying it. I was lost and forgotten by the dealer as soon as I drove it off the lot. The Aviator had manufacture and dealer caused problems. More dealer than anything else. But Forest River kept my camper because it was too much to handle at the Goshen Rally. We are going to get it back March 2. They have turned my nightmare back into my dream. Forest River has me forever! But it took me almost 2 years to get everything taken care of. Mostly because of the Dealer dragging their feet. Good Luck. Hope you can get in touch with the correct people at The factory. Forest River will stand by their product!

Don't threaten attorney's that will delay big time!
Aviator Wright Flyer 1912
F-250 2014
Old 02-25-2016, 09:43 AM   #9
Head Rambler
How much does it 'lean'?

Have you measured from the bottom of the frame to the ground on both sides when sitting on a perfectly level pad or parking lot?

Have you had the wheels/sides weighed individually?

If you haven't had these things done, I'd either ask the dealer to measure, weigh, test squareness, etc. while I observed, or I'd get it back from the dealer temporarily and set it up on a level surface and spend a day measuring and checking for out of square/ plumb and photographically document this procedure. Then you'd have more proof to show the mfg..

If you have a problem finding someone to weigh individual wheels, you may be able to contact your State Troopers weight division and show up when they're set up checking trucks and have it weighed. They probably won't give you a scale ticket, but you can write the numbers down and how you got them.
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Old 02-25-2016, 10:37 AM   #10
Gold Miner At Heart
Like Judge Judy says "ridiculous".

“I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Closed Thread