Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2016, 04:41 PM   #21

The family analogy is interesting. I worked for my family for 30 years. Anytime Dad wanted to screw me he'd say "it's just business". Anytime he wanted something for his own benefit he'd say "we're family". Also "this will be yours someday".

Well it isn't, and I was lied to. After I confronted him and told him I didn't appreciate his lying ways we no longer have contact. I'm good with it. I just wish I'd done it years ago.

Now I work less hard and make more money and no worries.

I approach rv and car dealers in the way that if you screw me once I won't be back. I should have used that tactic with my work.
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:35 PM   #22

If you want to be loved, get a dog, their love is unconditional!

If you want to have a camper, learn to live with imperfections or how to fix them yourself because even if they were built to perfection, they will break, JUST LIKE any other thing you own.
Old 08-03-2016, 06:18 PM   #23

Dealers are not God parent. Our throat is too soft, they can't resist if your let them.
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattleNsmoke View Post
We are just 'Red headed step-children' with a trust fund.
You forgot to add " Freckled Faced"
extxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:10 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
If you want to be loved, get a dog, their love is unconditional!

If you want to have a camper, learn to live with imperfections or how to fix them yourself because even if they were built to perfection, they will break, JUST LIKE any other thing you own.
Well don't get me started on quality control because obviously it's lacking.

But I will say this, from day 1 of ownership in June we were back to the factory and they did the repairs and the modifications in under 24 hours. Then on the road for one trip to find out what was defective about the work they did at the factory and off to my local independent repair shop/ authorized warranty repair.. they had it for 72 hours and while their workmanship was marginal, sloppy and showed the low caliber of their technicians. They did get the repairs done and back to us in 72 hours. It would have been done better if I had done it myself but then there is the warranty to consider.

Anyway 16 days camping so far this year and 4 more days coming up next weekend. If I want to push the statistics I guess it's technically 20 days and 16 nights so far with 5 more days and 4 more nights coming up in a week.

Hope you are all doing at least as well because you're not going to get any love from Forest River
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 07:38 PM   #26

Extremely happy with my parents & God Parents.......... uh I mean dealer & Forest River

Salesman, Service Tech and Owner all know me by first name & no it is not because I have needed a lot of work done there.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:43 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

The site team has performed a thread clean up here. Please remember political discussions are against forum policy. Thank you.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:24 AM   #28

Thanks everyone for the point of views and comments! It shows you still love me!
KBUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:48 AM   #29

I feel that Sabre is no worse than most other brands being made these days. The Sabre team at this years FROG Rally went out of their way to correct the issues I had with our unit. Even some that were out of warranty. I feel that our 33ckts packs a lot of value for the $$.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote