Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 07:14 PM   #91

What????

Old 02-20-2014, 08:07 PM   #92

Quality Control

I can tell you had all manufacturers have issues. We have had an Open Range for the year and a half, and have had lots of problems (and after next week it wonít be our problem anymore ), I believe in the first six months that we owned it, it was in the shop for three of those months. I was told by another dealership that didnít know what we owned, that the problem with warranty work is that it is generally pushed to the bottom of the list for repairs, because the dealership isnít getting paid to make the repairs. That being said your dealership gets blamed for slow repairs, when sometimes itís the manufacturers fault for not getting them the parts in a timely matter. My father was having problems with his new motorhome and call the company and asked why Quality Control didnít catch the problem in the first place, he was told that most RV manufacturers donít have Quality Control that it is cheaper for then to have us the consumer be Quality Control because we will catch everything.

Chuck and Pennie

Old 02-20-2014, 08:09 PM   #93

Here is where we stand as of now. We picked up the unit one week ago today. We brought it home with us and were happy as ..... well, campers! The weather here has kept us from doing much (snow, ice, etc) until the last few days. We loaded the camper back with our stuff and noticed a LOT of caulk where the underbelly fits against the sidewall. It was the wall they just replaced, so we figured it was to secure the seams against the elements in a retrofit.

We noticed that the exterior door had some scratches (we did not see it at the factory because the door was open the whole time).

Yesterday we started to hand wax the rig so that the "old" walls and "new" walls would stay fresh and not have more color fade. It was then that we noticed a group of nicks at the very top between the master bedroom slide and the roofline.

We took out the anode rod to replace it too. We had a little over a cup of water come out when it was opened up - and there was a lot of ice in the HWH that had to melt in order to drain.

We took the unit to our dealership this morning to have their body shop guys take a look at the wall fit and the nicks. They said this is not the sort of thing they do in house - they would normally send this type of work back up to the factory. We did not even get to have them look at the HWH. They took a razor knife to the excess caulk in the underbelly and there was a gap at the top of maybe 1/4" and at the bottom is over 1/2". You can see my finger through the gap between the propane tank wall and the underbelly compartment. You can also see the "old" caulk line in the propane compartment and see how far out the new wall is. We were so fixated on the problems that the unit had when we brought it to the factory at first that when they seemed fixed we did not notice some of the NEW problems.

I.....blew.....a.......gasket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sent pictures to John Jones and within minutes Gary Grigsby called me back. I am supposed to get a call at 10:00 in the morning from John Jones.

I am done with this roller coaster!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3041[1].jpg
Views:	147
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	46520   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3042[1].jpg
Views:	155
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	46521   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3043[1].jpg
Views:	151
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	46522   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3047[1].jpg
Views:	147
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	46523   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3048[1].jpg
Views:	153
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	46524  

Old 02-20-2014, 08:16 PM   #94

Thank goodness our dealer has a good eye. When the side wall is over a 1/2 inch from being tight against the body is a big problem, all I can say is WOW.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #95

I guess when things don't fit, put the screws in and a whole bunch caulk will be fine.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:18 PM   #96
NELA

I'm going to bite my fingers until they bleed and just type/say....

This.Is.Beyond.The.Pale.

U.N.B.E.L.I.E.V.A.B.L.E.!!!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Old 02-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
I'm going to bite my fingers until they bleed and just type/say....

This.Is.Beyond.The.Pale.

I have already bit the tip of my tongue off today..... Just have to laugh about all this.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:21 PM   #98

Guess we are going to by big tents.....lol
Old 02-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #99

Sheeeeeesh! :O
Just starting looking at warranty repairs on our 34tbok and trying to get the dealer/factory to see things my way from the start. This is scary...
Thinking/considering selling and buying a few years old used :: read:: hopefully through all the virgin headaches. Sheeesh.
Thanks for posting though. Appreciate a chance to learn from others experience

Sent by me
Old 02-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Sheeeeeesh! :O
Just starting looking at warranty repairs on our 34tbok and trying to get the dealer/factory to see things my way from the start. This is scary...
Thinking/considering selling and buying a few years old used :: read:: hopefully through all the virgin headaches. Sheeesh.
Thanks for posting though. Appreciate a chance to learn from others experience

Sent by me

I am not sure what to do anymore. I am lost for words on this. Not sure what happens from here, where to go or what to do.

Tags
customer service, factory, sabre, service, warranty