Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 10:01 PM   #201

We have five kids ages 14 down to 2, we cannot vacation in hotels we would need three rooms. We want to make memories with our family and this model let us do that....we thought. The look of the Sabre is awesome, the floorplan is perfect for us. It was much more money than we wanted to spend but felt it was an investment in our family. The roller coaster is so hard on us all. Camping is supposed to be peaceful and fun.....
Old 02-26-2014, 10:02 PM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad DADDY View Post
You would think that if they are willing to replace it. I have no idea why they want a dealer to take it on trade if it's junk. I guess if they can pawn it off on some poor sole with no warranty then they win, heck I don't know there doing, just assuming is all I am doing.

They can't find a dealer that will take it. I heard they got a low ball offer that Sabre turned down. Who knows, they talk out of both sides of there face sometimes.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:05 PM   #203
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Ours is pending "for sale" right now in order to order a new sabre.
35qsik
Albeit I dont believe anyone on this forum hasn't had some kind of issue's in one way or another including all brands within forest river, some minor some major.

I dont think there's any one single manufacturer in the rv business out there that hasn't had units with this kind of major malfunction.

Heads up chin high.

TURBS

Think spring!
The last man standing also has a sharpie
But surely you understand that someone who just bought a new Sabre would be on pins and needles right now?

I know how *we* would feel if there was a thread like this about a new owner's 2014 8528WIKS, even though the only problem we had with our shakedown last weekend is a *very* slight leak at the water filter canister. I'm sure MM and MD's *major* problems didn't show up during their shake down trip.

And I'll say it again, since we learned this lesson well when we had the only real issue (electrical snafu that could have burned the V-Lite down);

A GREAT DEALER and an awesome relationship with that dealer is the most important asset an RV owner can have! They were absolutely fantastic and worked WELL with Flagstaff to correct that problem. Then the dealer installed a bedroom TV mount for us, (no labor charge and it was not pre-wired for it) while it was there.

YMMV

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Old 02-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #204
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
But surely you understand that someone who just bought a new Sabre would be on pins and needles right now?

I know how *we* would feel if there was a thread like this about a new owner's 2014 8528WIKS, even though the only problem we had with our shakedown last weekend is a *very* slight leak at the water filter canister. I'm sure MM and MD's *major* problems didn't show up during their shake down trip.

And I'll say it again, since we learned this lesson well when we had the only real issue (electrical snafu that could have burned the V-Lite down);

A GREAT DEALER and an awesome relationship with that dealer is the most important asset an RV owner can have! They were absolutely fantastic and worked WELL with Flagstaff to correct that problem. Then the dealer installed a bedroom TV mount for us, (no labor charge and it was not pre-wired for it) while it was there.

YMMV
Yes of course.
Im just trying wrap my head around the issue's ...........

TURBS

Think spring!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:10 PM   #205
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I'd buy one tomorrow.

TURBS

Think spring!
They did looked nice at the show in Chitown. Does seem like the batting average is slumping lately.

SAD SAD STORY

Zelda the campin dog
Old 02-26-2014, 10:17 PM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
They did looked nice at the show in Chitown. Does seem like the batting average is slumping lately.

SAD SAD STORY

They are a beautiful camper. The new interior look is outstanding compared to the early 2014 model which we currently own. They are a big strike out in our eyes.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:19 PM   #207
Site Team

Quote:
They are a beautiful camper. The new interior look is outstanding compared to the early 2014 model which we currently own. They are a big strike out in our eyes.
They have no other plan???

Zelda the campin dog
Old 02-26-2014, 10:26 PM   #208

We have a meeting (again) with our dealer tomorrow. They have a unit on the lot that we are supposed to look at. It does not have the options that we want and forest river wants to modify that unit (retrofit) to give us. I am not sure that I believe this is a genuine offer since the other offers were apparently bogus. Our dealer does not want to buy our current unit and I am sure that FR is going to try to force them to take it with the same "incentives" they offered us....freebies and sparkle cannot compensate for a lemon.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:29 PM   #209

have you thought about engaging media - up here these guys often seem to get corporate participation in resolutions CBC Go Public gets results - CBC News - Latest Canada, World, Entertainment and Business News
Old 02-26-2014, 10:30 PM   #210
Site Team

sounds like your gonna have to take a hit $$ of some kind to unload that POS

Dont forget BBB either
http://www.bbb.org/

Zelda the campin dog
Old 02-26-2014, 10:31 PM   #211

We have considered it, we have a consumer reports guy on our local news but they are a little over the top and I don't want to cost our dealer any sales or market share.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:35 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
sounds like your gonna have to take a hit $$ of some kind to unload that POS

I do believe we have them beat. It may take a few bucks to get it done but we are ready if we can't find a solution with the camper that is on our dealers lot.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:37 PM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleighb View Post
We have considered it, we have a consumer reports guy on our local news but they are a little over the top and I don't want to cost our dealer any sales or market share.
Makes sense - it may help your dealer showing customer service vs. Palamino especially if they drop the line
Old 02-26-2014, 10:41 PM   #214
Site Team

Quote:
I do believe we have them beat. It may take a few bucks to get it done but we are ready if we can't find a solution with the camper that is on our dealers lot.
Think POSITIVE!!

Zelda the campin dog
Old 02-26-2014, 11:01 PM   #215

Quote:
Does "United Breaks Guitars" mean anything to ya?
Old 02-27-2014, 12:04 AM   #216

I have been watching this thread and I can not imagine what you and your family is going thru. I would not have the patience that you both have. There is nothing like being screwed and having to fight for what is right. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. good luck and I hope that you can get into a good unit and get back to the happy life of camping.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:27 AM   #217

Not much I could add here except wishing you the best of luck resolving your issue.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:31 PM   #218

This roller coaster is on an upswing again. Cautiously optimistic
Old 02-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #219

Quote:
This roller coaster is on an upswing again. Cautiously optimistic
Every time I think this will turn out a certain way....

It's a roller coaster for those of us following as well. Again, fingers crossed.
2000 Excursion Limited 7.3 PS Diesel Sold:crying

Old 02-27-2014, 07:33 PM   #220

So sorry to hear of all of your problems and cannot imagine what you are going through. I truly hope that all works out the best for you so that you can get to enjoying the lifestyle of camping you have been longing for while working through these frustrations. As an owner of a QBOK I hope to never experience them.

I am by nature a curious person and am wondering if there is anything in common with your unit and others that may have problems similar to yours (besides the obvious brand and model) requiring a trip back to the factory. My head goes right to build date (timeframe), purchased off a lot vs. custom ordered, etc.
Closed Thread

Tags
customer service, factory, sabre, service, warranty