Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaTom View Post
... Same with the Sabre. Their reputation will take a hit...hell it already has as evidenced by some of the opinions on this thread. When someone researches Sabre, they will likely find threads like this that will give them serious concerns about buying one.

Hopefully, a resolution is quickly forthcoming. I do hope they can make Momma happy.
And what happens when the majority of us that haven't had any major problems go to sell or trade in our Sabre on our next camper? Doesn't look too good for us.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #242
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Whys that?

Thousands and thousands of sabres sold and you base your decision off of what ?
This one couple's thread and there rendition of there issue's?

TURBS

Think spring!
The last man standing also has a sharpie

I'm just speaking for myself here;

Yep, there *are* thousand and thousands of Sabre owners out there, and for me it's not so much the product that gives me pause regarding purchasing a Sabre. It's the *lack of support* and the many run arounds, promises then retraction of those promises, this couple has encountered by the factory regarding this product.

Yes, we can *all*, and I do mean *all* have problems with our RVs, no matter the brand or manufacturer. It's the SUPPORT we get from the factory (and the dealer, of course) when we have those problems that makes us brand loyal.

We experienced what I considered to be a very serious issue with our 2014 Flagstaff V-Lite (bought in May '13), and what did we do? As a result of the fantastic factory/dealer response and support, we bought our 2014 Flagstaff 5er this past January '14, from the same dealer, same salesman. (in fact the day we decided to purchase the 5er, "our" salesman wasn't there....we refused to sign the dotted line with the "other" salesman, even though he claimed to be close friends with "our" salesman outside the work world)

To be sure, your dealer can make or break your RVing experience, but ultimately it is the *manufacturer* and their support and response that seals the deal.

Of course, as is true with all brands and models of RVs, YMMV.

And regarding the OP's "rendition of the issues", I've seen no reason to doubt what they've posted. If they weren't being totally upfront with all these issues, would there have been so many resolutions proposed to date by Sabre? Surely if there was any level of misrepresentation by the OP, then Sabre would have already dismissed them.

Pictures don't lie, and that over-an-inch-wide globby strip of black caulk was worth more than all the words typed on this thread, pro or con.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Old 03-01-2014, 01:22 PM   #243
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
I'm just speaking for myself here;

Yep, there *are* thousand and thousands of Sabre owners out there, and for me it's not so much the product that gives me pause regarding purchasing a Sabre. It's the *lack of support* and the many run arounds, promises then retraction of those promises, this couple has encountered by the factory regarding this product.

Yes, we can *all*, and I do mean *all* have problems with our RVs, no matter the brand or manufacturer. It's the SUPPORT we get from the factory (and the dealer, of course) when we have those problems that makes us brand loyal.

We experienced what I considered to be a very serious issue with our 2014 Flagstaff V-Lite (bought in May '13), and what did we do? As a result of the fantastic factory/dealer response and support, we bought our 2014 Flagstaff 5er this past January '14, from the same dealer, same salesman. (in fact the day we decided to purchase the 5er, "our" salesman wasn't there....we refused to sign the dotted line with the "other" salesman, even though he claimed to be close friends with "our" salesman outside the work world)

To be sure, your dealer can make or break your RVing experience, but ultimately it is the *manufacturer* and their support and response that seals the deal.

Of course, as is true with all brands and models of RVs, YMMV.

And regarding the OP's "rendition of the issues", I've seen no reason to doubt what they've posted. If they weren't being totally upfront with all these issues, would there have been so many resolutions proposed to date by Sabre? Surely if there was any level of misrepresentation by the OP, then Sabre would have already dismissed them.

Pictures don't lie, and that over-an-inch-wide globby strip of black caulk was worth more than all the words typed on this thread, pro or con.
As always there's two sides to every story.
You've heard one.

TURBS

Think spring!
Old 03-01-2014, 01:54 PM   #244

Quote:
You've heard one.

TURBS
Hmm? Denial is not just a river in Egypt.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:36 PM   #245
Site Team

Quote:
You've heard one.

TURBS

Think spring!
Yes this is true!
On one side we have...
MSRP of around 60K -Real shoddy workmanship followed up with alleged runaround and questionable customer service,,

Zelda the campin dog
Old 03-01-2014, 03:14 PM   #246

Quote:
As a result of the fantastic factory/dealer response and support, we bought our 2014 Flagstaff 5er this past January '14, from the same dealer, same salesman.
While i havent had major issues, i have worked with folks from both my dealer and the factory and this is Exactly why I bought my second Sabre fifth wheel from the same dealer.

Hopefully the end result here is that Sabre is going to take care of them. We will find out more from the OP. Timeliness to rsolution may be questionable, and their frustration level is high, but if it works out in the end that is all we can ask for. I haven't heard anyone say yet that Sabre is just leaving them high and dry (and hopefully won't).
Old 03-01-2014, 03:50 PM   #247
Are we there yet.......

I'm just going to jump out there and say I have a Sabre and picked it up in November and have spent 15 days in it already. At this time I have no complaints that have not been fixed and were minor at that. I bought a 2004 Laredo new and it was crazy with problems. Window leaks, slide not working, heater not working and awning pulled away from wall due to no backing just fiberglass outer shell. That was in the first year too. O forgot. Axles not aligned causing it to chew tires. I'm a firm believer that it not just the unit you buy it the dealership too. That is so very important.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #248
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Yes this is true!
On one side we have...
MSRP of around 60K -Real shoddy workmanship followed up with alleged runaround and questionable customer service,,
All my dealings with sabre have been top notch and they have went completely above and beyond what any manufacturer would.
My dealer "same as qccowboy" is very professional and also have been completely outstanding dealing with me and sabre.
Fast quick results abound.

60,000 rig?
Try 40,000

TURBS

Think spring!
Old 03-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #249

the last word from FR is that they are going to start to do rigid testing like in the old days, I'm glad that they are getting a new trailer, and things are working out for them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1911637_1410592249192848_1130902528_n.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	47023  

Old 03-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #250

If you question my "rendition" of events, that is your right. I don't know you and you don't know me. Question whatever you like. I'm not bashing you or calling your integrity into question when you claim you have a fantastic unit. I've heard only one side of your story!

The whole point if our post originally was to connect with anyone who could help us. We do think this will eventually come to a successful outcome, and have hoped all along for this ordeal to just be over with.

Those of you concerned with resale values....I do feel for you. These units may suffer. I am confident that my posts did not cause the defects. The spotlight can only draw attention to real issues that already existed and can hopefully put pressure on FR to fix them. Sweeping it under the rug doesn't fix it!

Seems to me that if I have invested good money in a POS I can rant a little. If you don't think I am telling the truth....enjoy your evening. I would not wish this mess on my enemies!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:12 PM   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
the last word from FR is that they are going to start to do rigid testing like in the old days, I'm glad that they are getting a new trailer, and things are working out for them.

I have thought that test would be good for my unit a few times but I wouldn't want to damage my truck, love my cummins.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:27 PM   #252
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleighb View Post
Seems to me that if I have invested good money in a POS I can rant a little. If you don't think I am telling the truth....enjoy your evening. I would not wish this mess on my enemies!
I never thought I'd be quoting a kid's movie as sage advice or a life story.

BUT- at this point, this thread reminds me of the story from the kids movie Hoodwinked. It tells the same story but from 4 different perspectives. None of them is incorrect or intentionally misleading, but with each side of the story shows a difference in interpretations of how you they got somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky Flippers
Let's just say that if a tree falls in the forest you'll get three stories: yours, mine and the tree's.
I don't think that Turbo means to question your integrity or even version of the story. I think he's just trying to say what I said above- there is more than 1 version of the truth, depending on perspective. And, no one is questioning your right to rant. Heck, I did it!

He's a strong advocate of the brand and when someone finds this thread in a month, year or even longer- I think his intention was to help future readers know that there are still supports of the brand in the midst of a period where a lot of ugly was happening. As it is, as of now- I'm in the boat where I would buy another Sabre after this one.

Hope that helps and I didn't put words into too many mouths. Cheers, y'all. As my hero says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Green
We're all in this together.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:42 PM   #254

Everybody loves pics
2006 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Crew Cab/Duramax Diesel/Allison Transmission
Old 03-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I never thought I'd be quoting a kid's movie as sage advice or a life story.

BUT- at this point, this thread reminds me of the story from the kids movie Hoodwinked. It tells the same story but from 4 different perspectives. None of them is incorrect or intentionally misleading, but with each side of the story shows a difference in interpretations of how you they got somewhere.

I don't think that Turbo means to question your integrity or even version of the story. I think he's just trying to say what I said above- there is more than 1 version of the truth, depending on perspective. And, no one is questioning your right to rant. Heck, I did it!

He's a strong advocate of the brand and when someone finds this thread in a month, year or even longer- I think his intention was to help future readers know that there are still supports of the brand in the midst of a period where a lot of ugly was happening. As it is, as of now- I'm in the boat where I would buy another Sabre after this one.

Hope that helps and I didn't put words into too many mouths. Cheers, y'all. As my hero says:

I think we can all agree to one thing, we all like the Sabre campers or we would not have bought one. I think the fair thing to say is, until you go through this kind of mess everyone one will have a different opinion. We still love our camper and all it's features, we just don't care for how things were handled, they could have been handled in a very different manor. I guess it's one of those things that you have to go through!!!!!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #256
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleighb View Post
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7182c6a3.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0b95b3fa.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...ps842bb950.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...ps1ff03e77.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...ps245e2a27.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...ps167f267b.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...ps641b73d0.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...ps23b4c991.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...pse66f6680.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7ab1d671.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...pscbd93f91.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...psd2d7baac.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...ps396141f5.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...psd7fee64c.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...psbfce5ef0.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...ps00272566.jpg
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...psf3857bc5.jpg

I won't say a word.....
Holy crap! The picture of the pantry rubbing looks like it was taken of a home made cabinet by someone who knows nothing about wood working. The wood and the wood stains don't even match up! That's the first thing I noticed, *then* I noticed the rubbing marks.

WTH???

And this is the first I've read about the outside decals...that's a serious misalignment.

The more I read this thread the more I'm tempted to go outside and take a seriously close look at our new 5er....a magnifying glass....heck, a jeweler's loupe!

There are two "blemish" type things on our 5er that were noted during PDI...the bottom flare/molding on the kitchen slide doesn't align correctly with the wall molding, and there's a 1/2" spot on the door frame (right bottom corner)they missed with black paint...it's aluminum so we're not worried about rust, for now. Both items were noted by the PDI guy and will be corrected when we're willing to let 'em have it for a week or two.

That should tell you how closely we inspected our unit. I have a phobia about things being even; if there's a picture on one side of a window there must be a picture on the other side. All pictures must be *straight* and my shoe lace bows must be even in size/shape. LOL that should be a clue as to how serious I was during PDI. (chuckle) DH says I don't need a level, I can spot 1/16" from across the house.

How the heck did you miss that decal snafu during PDI?

Old 03-01-2014, 08:55 PM   #257

SammySabre And Turbs words are offensive in their blah blah, thousands of units have been made and stuff happens and 'I' have never had any problems.

The OP was given the Shaft by Forest River Sabre for 4 months and their unit went back to the factory for repairs and (kiss, kiss) everything is 'fixed' correctly and all live happily ever after..... Bull Crap. The unit was never fixed correctly, Caulked to high Heaven and with a wink and a nod, hustle them out the door.

When Forest River Sabre was caught doing a subpar FACTORY repair, the circle jerk dance starts again.... Their unit was still not repaired and the factory would not take it back.

The clincher.... the clincher of this whole sad saga is that Forest River Sabre has pond this POS off on a Dealer Who Knows that it is a POS. This Dealer will caulk it up as the (caugh) Factory did and sell it to some unsuspecting soul as a nice almost new unit. And it is that next owner that will suffer because of Forest Rivers Sabre subpar and total lack of GOOD customer service. When a company shows such disregard to one customer, it shows contempt to them all. None of us should feel comfortable with this out come or be happy about it. This ultimately shows that Forest River does not stand behind their product and it seems from the beginning to the end it is Forest River that depends on their Dealers to fix Forest Rivers mistakes and errors.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Old 03-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #258
NELA

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...psd2d7baac.jpg

This is the photo I was referencing. It appears they "re-used" a cabinet door because it looks like I can see matching stain at the top edge of the door, a stain that would match the outside of the cabinet body. (yellowish inside with brown/cherry stain on the exterior of the door)

Old 03-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #259

Quote:
Holy crap! The picture of the pantry rubbing looks like it was taken of a home made cabinet by someone who knows nothing about wood working. The wood and the wood stains don't even match up! That's the first thing I noticed, *then* I noticed the rubbing marks.

WTH???

And this is the first I've read about the outside decals...that's a serious misalignment.

The more I read this thread the more I'm tempted to go outside and take a seriously close look at our new 5er....a magnifying glass....heck, a jeweler's loupe!

There are two "blemish" type things on our 5er that were noted during PDI...the bottom flare/molding on the kitchen slide doesn't align correctly with the wall molding, and there's a 1/2" spot on the door frame (right bottom corner)they missed with black paint...it's aluminum so we're not worried about rust, for now. Both items were noted by the PDI guy and will be corrected when we're willing to let 'em have it for a week or two.

That should tell you how closely we inspected our unit. I have a phobia about things being even; if there's a picture on one side of a window there must be a picture on the other side. All pictures must be *straight* and my shoe lace bows must be even in size/shape. LOL that should be a clue as to how serious I was during PDI. (chuckle) DH says I don't need a level, I can spot 1/16" from across the house.

How the heck did you miss that decal snafu during PDI?

We didn't miss it, this is how far the adjustment was off on the slide
Old 03-01-2014, 08:56 PM   #260

The slide was THAT out of alignment! The decal was correct at pickup, but the slide was so off that when they adjusted it the decal looks like my toddler played with stickers!

Tags
customer service, factory, sabre, service, warranty