Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 08:57 PM   #261
NELA

Keep in mind Brother Les, that the person who buys this "used" unit will have no warranty/factory support.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Old 03-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #262
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad DADDY View Post
We didn't miss it, this is how far the adjustment was off on the slide

AH, so this is the result of the "new wall"????

Gotcha!

X Eleventy

Old 03-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #263
NELA

To clarify;

How many of the issues in these picture still exist? How many were corrected?

(keeping in mind that the black caulk pictures aren't on this list)

Old 03-01-2014, 09:09 PM   #264
NELA

I keep thinking,

"Francis" (the 8 month old V-Lite we traded in for our 5er) looked like a brand new TT. No rubs, no nicks, NOTHING, not a mark on her anywhere. The only way you could tell Francis wasn't fresh off the production line was that the plastic was gone off the mattress (and we used a mattress pad with a memory foam topper on top of the mattress). She was better than new, actually, because of the wooden floor donuts to hold the sofa in place (no straps are supplied from the factory) and the electrical wiring access hole repair.

I'd hate to be in the position of knowing we traded in something that would be a nightmare to the new owner. And this is NOT a criticism directed at MadMom and MadDad. It would not be *you* doing the trading off of your 5er back to a dealer.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #265

The exterior door, slam latches, decal, passenger side wall nicks (clearly hard hits from a metal tool) new wall misalignment. A window valance that Is on order and not pictures, two Delaminating doors that are on order and not pictured, and a new bedroom slide topper that is on order and not pictured, and a frozen water system....that we know of so far. This is all left AFTER the three months at the factory!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #266

Weezer, I hate the thought of whoever gets this unit. This unit should be re manufactured or sold for parts. It is one of the many things in this that keeps me awake at night!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:31 PM   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
SammySabre And Turbs words are offensive in their blah blah, thousands of units have been made and stuff happens and 'I' have never had any problems.

The OP was given the Shaft by Forest River Sabre for 4 months and their unit went back to the factory for repairs and (kiss, kiss) everything is 'fixed' correctly and all live happily ever after..... Bull Crap. The unit was never fixed correctly, Caulked to high Heaven and with a wink and a nod, hustle them out the door.

When Forest River Sabre was caught doing a subpar FACTORY repair, the circle jerk dance starts again.... Their unit was still not repaired and the factory would not take it back.

The clincher.... the clincher of this whole sad saga is that Forest River Sabre has pond this POS off on a Dealer Who Knows that it is a POS. This Dealer will caulk it up as the (caugh) Factory did and sell it to some unsuspecting soul as a nice almost new unit. And it is that next owner that will suffer because of Forest Rivers Sabre subpar and total lack of GOOD customer service. When a company shows such disregard to one customer, it shows contempt to them all. None of us should feel comfortable with this out come or be happy about it. This ultimately shows that Forest River does not stand behind their product and it seems from the beginning to the end it is Forest River that depends on their Dealers to fix Forest Rivers mistakes and errors.

I can't agree more brother. I wish FR would take this unit back instead of having a dealer resale it, especially with no warranty. I do believe that the warrant is only to the first owner. If that's the case, I hope our dealer can work magic before selling this unit to someone else. If they would make me whole and take this camper back to the factory I would feel much better and I would order me another QBOK as long as I could do the PDi myself at the plant.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #268
Oklahoma Proud

Maybe the dealer should HIGHLY recommend an extended warranty on this unit.

I would venture a guess that an rv body shop/collision center could fix alot of this. I have cut numerous cars apart in various levels and degrees even completely in half and returned them to pre-accident/incident condition. Granted this and any object that has been repaired, will never be the same. But functionality and beauty can be attained. But..... the price should also reflect the previous level of extensive repairs.
I 100% agree with the Brown's and thier frustration. I've rejected purchasing the dw a new truck for blems in the base coat on a new truck, that I ordered. As well as a couple transport "rubs". My bosses boss wasn't very happy about it, but it wasn't his money buying the new truck, it was mine. And I didn't want a brand new truck that half of it had to be painted.
On the other hand I buy wrecked cars and fix them and we drive them and for the right price I would buy a "problem child" vehicle or trailer or tractor, if I was willing to deal with the issues.
Hopefully the dealer will disclose that there were issues, the new buyer will get a great value and everybody be "Happy, Happy, Happy" !!!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:47 PM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
I keep thinking,

I'd hate to be in the position of knowing we traded in something that would be a nightmare to the new owner. And this is NOT a criticism directed at MadMom and MadDad. It's not *you* doing the trading off of your 5er back to a dealer.
The nightmare is not from selling/trading in a used camper with something wrong with it from years of use (not abuse). People understand that there will be issues from the use of the units over the years. Wear and tear and time. What Forest River Sabres contemptible sin in this situation is that they are sweeping under the rug and running away from such piss poor workmanship. If their tolerance spects have such a wide margin or error tolerance, they should not be in business in the first place. I have seen over and over of Forest River blaming all (most?) of their problems on their sub contracted suppliers. Did their suppliers put this thing together. Was this 'unit' being built on a Friday at 4:45 and must be done by 5:00....?

I have no respect for Forest River as a company because of the service that I have received from them or 'my' Dealer. None of my issues are as despicable as the OPs, most have been fixed, but I have given up on getting the rest resolved. Many thousands of FR owners love their units and for the most part we like ours.... but the bottom line to that also is that I would never recommend to any of my family or friends to buy a Forest River product.

I work in the arena of customer service. And one of rules of that is that everyone is your customer. The one who buys or uses your product and your coworker working along side you. If I am done wrong or lied to... it's over. You are never to be trusted again. God forgives, and He says I must too, but I will not forget...

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Old 03-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #270

Keep in mind everyone the unit is still ours right now. They have never given us one offer in writing to the contrary. This unit/POS is still our baby to deal with! Our dealer has taken over the communication since no one from forest river will return our calls, emails, text messages. We have faith in our dealers word, but have not seen any paperwork for forest river at all.

I agree MillerTime that the unit could be repaired, that was the thought behind her 3 month vacation in Goshen. Fact remains, it is still a mess right now.

Tags
customer service, factory, sabre, service, warranty