Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #281
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Yeah, I looked at that one. I didn't consider that one "being made whole" because it appears they paid notes, insurance and storage facility rent for at least *nine months* while their dealer gave them a runaround, *then* they got a 2014 model of the same TT, and had to kick in some $$ to boot in the trade in. Then they evidently had to start all over again with financing and notes with all that money applied to the old TT down the toilet due to *no fault of their own*.

Note; I was trying to go by posting dates of the OP. I could be off + or - a month or two, but still.....

Just Sad

I consider all these threads part of the RV learning curve for me and DH. After reading all the painful posts (and they are difficult to read...these people are going through hell at the hands of their dealer and manufacturer) I'm at the point that if our new 5er "goes south" on us, we've discussed what our game plan will be.

If I wasn't so close to retirement age, I'd look in to becoming some sort of RV buyer's advocate...an arbitrator/negotiator of sorts, somewhat like a patient advocate. I'm serious about that. I read these threads and just shake my head. The industry vs. buyers are in desperate need of someone (or a team) like this.

One thing we all should take heed of is this: If your unit starts going south, document, document, document! Start a binder (don't trust electronic files, computers crash), print everything out, document with pictures (again, NOT electronic versions, print them out!), print out emails, both yours and the dealer/manufacturer's emails. Keep a log of all phone calls, what was discussed, etc. (ask that any commitments made/offered by dealer/manufacturer persons during a telecon be backed up with email) DATES! Document expenses; insurance, payments, storage facility rental, transportation costs, even long distance phone calls, time lost from work, etc. In doing this you become your *own* advocate. Be assertive!

Can ya tell I'm a bit detail oriented? Some might even call it OCD. But being OCD is a good thing, when you're a David going up against a Goliath.
__________________

__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline  
Old 03-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #282
Site Team
 
Platokidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: top side land of Lincoln
Posts: 6,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Yeah, I looked at that one. I didn't consider that one "being made whole" because it appears they paid notes, insurance and storage facility rent for at least *nine months* while their dealer gave them a runaround, *then* they got a 2014 model of the same TT, and had to kick in some $$ to boot in the trade in. Then they evidently had to start all over again with financing and notes with all that money applied to the old TT down the toilet due to *no fault of their own*.

Note; I was trying to go by posting dates of the OP. I could be off + or - a month or two, but still.....

Just Sad

I consider all these threads part of the RV learning curve for me and DH. After reading all the painful posts (and they are difficult to read...these people are going through hell at the hands of their dealer and manufacturer) I'm at the point that if our new 5er "goes south" on us, we've discussed what our game plan will be.

If I wasn't so close to retirement age, I'd look in to becoming some sort of RV buyer's advocate...an arbitrator/negotiator of sorts, somewhat like a patient advocate. I'm serious about that. I read these threads and just shake my head. The industry vs. buyers are in desperate need of someone (or a team) like this.

One thing we all should take heed of is this: If your unit starts going south, document, document, document! Start a binder (don't trust electronic files, computers crash), print everything out, document with pictures (again, NOT electronic versions, print them out!), print out emails, both yours and the dealer/manufacturer's emails. Keep a log of all phone calls, what was discussed, etc. (ask that any commitments made/offered by dealer/manufacturer persons during a telecon be backed up with email) DATES! Document expenses; insurance, payments, storage facility rental, transportation costs, even long distance phone calls, time lost from work, etc. In doing this you become your *own* advocate. Be assertive!

Can ya tell I'm a bit detail oriented? Some might even call it OCD. But being OCD is a good thing, when you're a David going up against a Goliath.
I bet you be good at it to weezer! If Sabre dont do the right thing maybe a post on the BBB is in order. Forest river does have an A+ rating.
__________________

__________________
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 Chevy 2500HD Z71
nights of camping
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is online now  
Old 03-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #283
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Yeah, I looked at that one. I didn't consider that one "being made whole" because it appears they paid notes, insurance and storage facility rent for at least *nine months* while their dealer gave them a runaround, *then* they got a 2014 model of the same TT, and had to kick in some $$ to boot in the trade in. Then they evidently had to start all over again with financing and notes with all that money applied to the old TT down the toilet due to *no fault of their own*.

Note; I was trying to go by posting dates of the OP. I could be off + or - a month or two, but still.....

Just Sad

I consider all these threads part of the RV learning curve for me and DH. After reading all the painful posts (and they are difficult to read...these people are going through hell at the hands of their dealer and manufacturer) I'm at the point that if our new 5er "goes south" on us, we've discussed what our game plan will be.

If I wasn't so close to retirement age, I'd look in to becoming some sort of RV buyer's advocate...an arbitrator/negotiator of sorts, somewhat like a patient advocate. I'm serious about that. I read these threads and just shake my head. The industry vs. buyers are in desperate need of someone (or a team) like this.

One thing we all should take heed of is this: If your unit starts going south, document, document, document! Start a binder (don't trust electronic files, computers crash), print everything out, document with pictures (again, NOT electronic versions, print them out!), print out emails, both yours and the dealer/manufacturer's emails. Keep a log of all phone calls, what was discussed, etc. (ask that any commitments made/offered by dealer/manufacturer persons during a telecon be backed up with email) DATES! Document expenses; insurance, payments, storage facility rental, transportation costs, even long distance phone calls, time lost from work, etc. In doing this you become your *own* advocate. Be assertive!

Can ya tell I'm a bit detail oriented? Some might even call it OCD. But being OCD is a good thing, when you're a David going up against a Goliath.

I think your Idea would be wonderful to be the middle man. I am sure FR is going to resolve our problem or at least I am hopeful. I still have have this voice in my head telling me I would rather see this camper be torn down at the plant to really figure out where the problem is. I don't believe the only thing is poor workmanship, there is some other things that make me think there is more going on than we can see. I think it would give FR a better Ideal on how to make things better for everyone. That's why I would rather be made whole and not push this off on someone else. I guess my morals are kicking in here. I sure wouldn't want to know the person that bought our new unit. I have to do what's best for my family and do what they suggest. Thank God I am a paper work junkie like you. I have binders and binders of emails and photos and dates of phone calls. I am well documented and have spent many hours on this camper. We will see what happens and hope for the best for everyone.
__________________
Mad DADDY is offline  
Old 03-02-2014, 10:55 AM   #284
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 103
I have to ask a question. Is it normal for me to be taken completely out of the loop on what's going on with our camper. I have sent several emails and made several calls to our contact person and no reply. I was told by my dealer that he is working with upper management and would be handling things. I still feel that FR should still be in contact with me along with the dealer. I am in the total dark here. I think I should be hearing the words come out of FRs mouth also. This may be my OCD kicking in here but the bottom line here is, I want to be part of what's going on here and not depending on someone else to make my decisions for me
__________________
Mad DADDY is offline  
Old 03-02-2014, 11:08 AM   #285
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad DADDY View Post
I have to ask a question. Is it normal for me to be taken completely out of the loop on what's going on with our camper. I have sent several emails and made several calls to our contact person and no reply. I was told by my dealer that he is working with upper management and would be handling things. I still feel that FR should still be in contact with me along with the dealer. I am in the total dark here. I think I should be hearing the words come out of FRs mouth also. This may be my OCD kicking in here but the bottom line here is, I want to be part of what's going on here and not depending on someone else to make my decisions for me
Sounds like BS to me.
I'd be making a road trip ASAP!
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline  
Old 03-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #286
Site Team
 
Platokidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: top side land of Lincoln
Posts: 6,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad DADDY View Post
I have to ask a question. Is it normal for me to be taken completely out of the loop on what's going on with our camper. I have sent several emails and made several calls to our contact person and no reply. I was told by my dealer that he is working with upper management and would be handling things. I still feel that FR should still be in contact with me along with the dealer. I am in the total dark here. I think I should be hearing the words come out of FRs mouth also. This may be my OCD kicking in here but the bottom line here is, I want to be part of what's going on here and not depending on someone else to make my decisions for me
Because of the poor workmanship / quality your in this mess, so thats a fact.
One could only guess why they dont want to respond to you. Maybe they dont like your attitude on this mess or your posting on this forum.
Either way there reputation In my eyes has taken a big hit.
Yep like the other poster said its BS!!
Someone is going to get back to you Monday right?
__________________
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 Chevy 2500HD Z71
nights of camping
2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is online now  
Old 03-02-2014, 11:59 AM   #287
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Because of the poor workmanship / quality your in this mess, so thats a fact.
One could only guess why they dont want to respond to you. Maybe the dont like your attitude on this mess or your posting on this forum.
Either way there reputation In my eyes has taken a big hit.
Yep like the other poster said its BS!!
Someone is going to get back to you Monday right?

The dealer is supposed to get with us Monday. He is the only one that has contact with FR at this time. I wish we were in the communication process. I hate not being part of this. Takes days to get any question answered because the dealer is the middle man and of course he has a business to run also and they always miss each other's calls. This is going to drag on forever.
__________________
Mad DADDY is offline  
Old 03-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #288
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
I bet you be good at it to weezer! If Sabre dont do the right thing maybe a post on the BBB is in order. Forest river does have an A+ rating.

Yes, I was totally aware when I was posting about the 3rd party advocate, that the BBB is already somewhat a consumer advocate. But being such a large entity, the little man can get lost in the shuffle.

BBB will tell you upfront they have NO power to enforce anything. Nor would a 3rd party advocate for that matter. The person I'm describing would be more of a "tour guide" through the mine field of manufacturer/dealer warranty issues.

I don't mind admitting that reading some of these nightmare RV product threads gives me pause, makes me wonder what the hell DH and I got ourselves in to. And we aren't having any real issues *yet* with our Flagstaff. It boggles the mind to think what others who have problem child RVs are feeling! I also don't mind confessing that when I read these type threads I have to go look through, and over, our 5er once again, holding my breath and clamping my jaws until I'm satisfied that I've found nothing, and can exhale.

I need to stop reading this stuff or I'm going to wear out the steps and sliders while she's just sitting in our back yard!

But to the OPs of this thread, and those of you have serious issues with the same brand who seem to get lost in this thread, I care, and I feel compelled to "bear witness" to your frustration and disillusionment. There's nothing I can "do", per se, but I *can* "bear witness". Those are two very strong words....look them up.

I send positive thoughts that all of you are made so whole that you come out of this absolutely and without reserve....Brand Loyal!
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline  
Old 03-02-2014, 12:09 PM   #289
NELA
 
Weezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
I bet you be good at it to weezer! If Sabre dont do the right thing maybe a post on the BBB is in order. Forest river does have an A+ rating.
I thought I read here somewhere a month or so ago that FR isn't even a BBB member???
__________________

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline  
Old 03-02-2014, 12:17 PM   #290
In Search of a Vacation
 
cwblaylock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 37
Weezer,

You are correct. According to the BBB website Forest River Inc. is NOT a member of the BBB... That didn't stop us from opening a case though on our situation
__________________

__________________
2013 GMC Denali-HD, 4X4,Diesel, Allison, Crew Cab, Dually, Demco 21K Dual Pivot 5th Wheel Hitch
2013 Sabre- 35QSIK-6 Platinum Edition, Fireplace,Wood floor, Central Vac, 13K secondary AC, Washer/Dryer Combo unit, 4 point auto-leveling, Trail-Air Suspension, Trail-Air 18K Air Ride-King Pin Box .
cwblaylock is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
customer service, factory, sabre, service, warranty

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.