Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 08:46 PM   #101

Yup. Maybe you should set up a conference call with Doug, you, me, and about 25 other Sabre owners on this forum and see what answers they give then.... Did I already say it...sheeeeeesh!

Sent by me
Old 02-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #102

Consult an attorney
Old 02-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Yup. Maybe you should set up a conference call with Doug, you, me, and about 25 other Sabre owners on this forum and see what answers they give then.... Did I already say it...sheeeeeesh!

Sent by me

I would sure be on there. Doug, can set this one up. He is the silver tongue when it comes to this stuff. I already bit mine off today. All you Doug
Old 02-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #104

I believe I would be calling my lawyer. Like other have said it wouldn't have taken this long to build one from the ground up.

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
Old 02-20-2014, 10:09 PM   #105
NELA

MadMom and MadDad have the patience of Job.

I wouldn't have even called the factory rep today. I'd have had my attorney do it.

It's almost as if the factory/repair guys did this on purpose, as if it was: "oh yeah, they wanna be a problem child customer? watch *this* and let's see how long, or even *if* they find it."

I'm also wondering how in hades this ridiculously shoddy repair job wasn't found, meaning that obviously those so focused on making the buyers happy and get them out of there "brand loyal", didn't even *inspect* it.

Sounds like they played slight-of-hand, keeping the OPs focused on "look at all these extra little things we did for you...no, don't look over there, look here, see? we even fixed the loose screw on the door frame! Here ya go, how 'bout a couple hundred bucks worth of freebies! look, we even threw in some free toilet tissue!" instead of focusing on the big issues that brought the RV back to begin with.

Then once it was pulled off the lot they all high fived each other and wiped the imaginary sweat off their brow...whew! pulled that one off! they probably won't ever see it, and if they do they'll think what a great job we did sealing it off for 'em.

Shame on them...shame on the entire lot of 'em. Shame on the workers who did that pee-poor job and shame on the factory/buyer liaisons who didn't inspect the *big* repair.

(ok, so I didn't bite hard enough and my fingers slipped free)

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Old 02-20-2014, 10:15 PM   #106
NELA

BTW MadMomma, I guess the title to your thread needs adjusting again.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:28 PM   #107
Site Team

I would want a new unit no if ands or butts!! I cant say what I really want to here, I would be kick off the forum. Shameful..

Zelda the campin dog
Old 02-20-2014, 10:32 PM   #108

Yes, and I don't know how to change thread titles!
Old 02-20-2014, 10:54 PM   #109
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleighb View Post
Yes, and I don't know how to change thread titles!

Send a PM to one of the moderators.

I'd have it changed to "now madder than ever!"

Or "MadMomma was mad, now she's livid!"

Old 02-20-2014, 10:57 PM   #110
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
I would want a new unit no if ands or butts!! I cant say what I really want to here, I would be kick off the forum. Shameful..
X eleventy Plato. I'm being VERY self restraining here.

I agree, MadMom and MadDad deserve a brand new unit. How the heck is that wall supposed to be made right NOW?

Old 02-21-2014, 08:14 AM   #111
In Search of a Vacation

Dleighb,

Can you IM me after you speak with them? I'm interested in knowing what they had to say to you. Our unit is STILL there and I haven't had any communication from them since Feb 6th. Thanks!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #112

cwblaylock -

I sure will! I did hear from Gary yesterday that they are having major issues with water at the plants and things are shut down again - all the huge snows had not melted off and were blocking drainage inlets when they got another inch of rain. I'm sure it is a mess up there. Not really any of our problem, but still a fact.

I hope your road is easier than ours has been so far. Having met the guys up there I feel confident that they will do what it takes to make this situation right - even if they can't make this particular unit right.

I am being hopeful and optimistic - mostly because if I let myself feel angry I would have a heart attack before the call this morning!!!!!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:12 AM   #113

I have also been plagued with issues with my unit. It went back to the factory for repairs of multiple things including the main slide seperating from the floor. Stayed there for almost two months and then was returned to me with subpar work and things not done that were on my list. When I inquired about the work I was told if I needed to take it to a dealer to let them fix what came back from the factory not fixed. Was at the dealer for another 2 months(that didn't want to fix factory problems again) and still have some issues that are not to my liking but we just picked up from the dealer because of their attitude toward my unit. So I have been following all the threads here too.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #114

God grant me the patience!!!!! That call did not go well, seem to be dodging this separation. John jones is checking tolerances right now and talking with our dealer. He has a "reservation"!

Meeeee tooooo! My tolerance us WAY OFF!
Old 02-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #115

Mad Mom and Mad Dad, I have read all the posting about your problems, and I can't remember if it has been said or not, but it seems to me with the kind of problems your unit has I think the frame is twisted. After all the repairs that they have done on a 2014 unit, you should go to the head of the company and demand a brand new unit at NO additional cost to you. I would hope that they would take care of you after all the trips that you have made to the factory and to your dealership. Maybe they should pay you to take a new RV.

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
Old 02-21-2014, 11:23 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePM View Post
Mad Mom and Mad Dad, I have read all the posting about your problems, and I can't remember if it has been said or not, but it seems to me with the kind of problems your unit has I think the frame is twisted. After all the repairs that they have done on a 2014 unit, you should go to the head of the company and demand a brand new unit at NO additional cost to you. I would hope that they would take care of you after all the trips that you have made to the factory and to your dealership. Maybe they should pay you to take a new RV.

I did mention that while I was at the plant but of course I didn't win that battle because all the inspections stated it wasn't. If the frame is or isn't twisted there is a problem somewhere that no one will dig deep enough to find it. We are back at square one with the run around garbage. I even have the dealer and his frame and body guy telling me something isn't correct with this unit. I thought they were going to take care of us during our call this morning but all we got was a bunch of run around.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:33 AM   #117

I did have a lot of faith in the plant while we were up there. They were kind and very easy to work with but now things have changed for some reason. They made us promises that now seem to have been stories just to get us out of there. I can honestly say, that I would never buy again from FR. I would rather sleep on the ground in the mud before I would ever do it again. There are several people on here that defend FR product and that is there right to do so. Wait till they have a problem and let's see there opinion when they get the run around. It's not over with by a long shot, trust me. I will go broke first, this has become personal now. All I want is for them to stand up and do the things they said they were going to do if we had anymore side wall problems.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #118

Nobody asked for my opinion... but here it goes. I have worked in retail/customer service for about 35 years. Two large corporations and a small business($20 mil year in sales) and all of my experience tells me this has gone far enough. GIVE THE CUSTOMER HIS MONEY BACK. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR EXTRA MONIES SPENT, BUT THE UNIT SHOULD GET A FULL REFUND. At that point of life... you can decide if you want a new trailer or camp in the mud. Your choice. OK I said it. Forest river... Give this customer what THEY want.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Nobody asked for my opinion... but here it goes. I have worked in retail/customer service for about 35 years. Two large corporations and a small business($20 mil year in sales) and all of my experience tells me this has gone far enough. GIVE THE CUSTOMER HIS MONEY BACK. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR EXTRA MONIES SPENT, BUT THE UNIT SHOULD GET A FULL REFUND. At that point of life... you can decide if you want a new trailer or camp in the mud. Your choice. OK I said it. Forest river... Give this customer what THEY want.

I also worked as the Regional Manager for HH Gregg a billion dollar company for almost 15 years myself and if I ever treated a customer with this kind of bull I would have been looking for a job real quick because I would not have had one.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #120

I cannot agree more. When we were at the factory and everyone was being so nice we actually believed their promises. My husband And I stood with John and Gary and they shook our hands and promised that if we had any more sidewall problems they would make us whole (refund) or replace the unit. That promise was made just over a week ago.

I really have been patient and understanding. They are just men with a job to do like any of the rest of us, but at the end of the day we need to be made whole.

I would ask them to refund our money and let us make the decision of what we want to purchase - of any brand we choose.

Tags
customer service, factory, sabre, service, warranty