Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1392341307.960949.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	46228 taking our camper home

2014 Sabre 36QBOK - 7.......sort of
Old 02-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #72
In Search of a Vacation
Great News!!! Glad your getting to take it Home!! Enjoy it!!

2013 GMC Denali-HD, 4X4,Diesel, Allison, Crew Cab, Dually, Demco 21K Dual Pivot 5th Wheel Hitch
2013 Sabre- 35QSIK-6 Platinum Edition, Fireplace,Wood floor, Central Vac, 13K secondary AC, Washer/Dryer Combo unit, 4 point auto-leveling, Trail-Air Suspension, Trail-Air 18K Air Ride-King Pin Box .
Old 02-13-2014, 07:51 PM   #73
Originally Posted by dleighb View Post
Attachment 46228 taking our camper home

Looks brand shiny new......
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Old 02-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #74
Just Love to Camp
Camped 54 Night 2012
XLR Thunderbolt 386*12
"Bertha The LeadSled" is her name

2012 F450
Old 02-13-2014, 08:32 PM   #75
The gasket/seals along the slides eventually started to pull away from sticking. They were stapled into the channel and not screwed.

What was their fix for this issue? We have this issue with our 34TBOK bunkhouse slide. Our dealer added several screws to it but I'm curious if this is the correct solution. They still stick and pull out of the tracks between the screws.
TV: 2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Big Horn CTD
RV: 2013 Palomino Sabre 34TBOK
Old 02-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #76
They replaced all of ours with a new Bulb style seal. Our dealer attempted a fix for us previously by screwing in the old gaskets and like yours ours eventually came out too.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:30 PM   #77
Originally Posted by dleighb View Post
Attachment 46228 taking our camper home
Glad it worked out for you both! Camper looks great.
2014 Freedom Express 320BHDS Liberty Edition 50th Anniversary
2005 F250 Lariat SuperCrew 6.0 PS Diesel
2004 Excursion Limited 4x4 6.0 PS Diesel
2000 Excursion Limited 7.3 PS Diesel Sold:crying

Old 02-14-2014, 06:43 AM   #78
Other brands besides Sabre went through the same thing in 2012-2013 manufacturing years. Very fast growth in industry led to pumping RV production lines as fast as possible to keep up with demand from consumers and from investors. Result was lots of warranty repairs, shakeups at dealers, and personnel changes at the factories.

If you take the days and weeks of time to read thousands of threads on various forums and facebook groups, it is very well documented. This was part of what potential buyers do before they sign on the dotted line making that RV purchase. And the key people that run and manage the RV industry read the postings also.

Bottom line is what I read over and over is the mad mommy/daddy story. Every now and then a lemon RV makes it way out the door. It goes back to factory for overhaul. Takes 3-6 months to get rebuilt. Customer eventually is happy. Forest River continues to admit fault, but takes care of business and the customer. It's a sucky process to go through as an RV buyer of expensive rigs. But remember, that 1st year warranty is bumper to bumper and you will be taken care of. Just allow 3-6 months for the process. If the factory gets r done in less than 3, even better.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #79
Here it goes, the final posting on our outcome. In the beginning I sure did not want to make this trip. I felt like it was going to be a battle of of all battles since we were 3 1//2 months into this already and not finished, but I was very impressed and let me tell you I was IMPRESSED how we were treated and I am a hard guy to impress. John pretty much stayed with my wife and Gary and I talked a bunch on how to make things better for the retail side. I know understand there battles a little more, I am not taking up for them at all but I do believe they are striving to make it better for people like you and I, just hope they figure it out soon. The tech we had for 2 days is the best I have ever seen at helping get things done. John, Gary please let him know that and tell him thanks again from the Brown family. We are very pleased in every way on the outcome and most of all momma has her camper back at home. Doug, thanks for talking with us and blowing of steam together. It sure helped. We are going to try to plan a trip with John and Gary in the summer, you need to try to make it. Stay in touch, Doug and thanks to everyone who listened. Don't give up, these guys are there to help and I do think they will help and I am here to help as always.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:20 AM   #80
Broke and happy
Good luck

Congratulations on yours. My Columbus 340RK leaving Houston to Columbus Plant in Middleburg. Hopefully my 340K does not gets sucked into the RV warranty spacetime continuum . its a long journey and I am a working stiff with limited time. Rescue Mission from Houston improbable.

Closed Thread

customer service, defect, factory, sabre, service, warranty