Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 03:06 PM   #141

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👏
Old 02-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #142
Are we there yet.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
MadMom and MadDad have the patience of Job.

I wouldn't have even called the factory rep today. I'd have had my attorney do it.
a few
It's almost as if the factory/repair guys did this on purpose, as if it was: "oh yeah, they wanna be a problem child customer? watch *this* and let's see how long, or even *if* they find it."

I'm also wondering how in hades this ridiculously shoddy repair job wasn't found, meaning that obviously those so focused on making the buyers happy and get them out of there "brand loyal", didn't even *inspect* it.

Sounds like they played slight-of-hand, keeping the OPs focused on "look at all these extra little things we did for you...no, don't look over there, look here, see? we even fixed the loose screw on the door frame! Here ya go, how 'bout a couple hundred bucks worth of freebies! look, we even threw in some free toilet tissue!" instead of focusing on the big issues that brought the RV back to begin with.

Then once it was pulled off the lot they all high fived each other and wiped the imaginary sweat off their brow...whew! pulled that one off! they probably won't ever see it, and if they do they'll think what a great job we did sealing it off for 'em.

Shame on them...shame on the entire lot of 'em. Shame on the workers who did that pee-poor job and shame on the factory/buyer liaisons who didn't inspect the *big* repair.

(ok, so I didn't bite hard enough and my fingers slipped free)
Not sure how this works but I have had the 2014 sabre 36qbok for a few months now. I have found a few troubling problems that others have had big troubles with. I'm now very concerned about them. One big one is the floor in the bunk area. For the price of the unit it should justify a QC tech. It is now at the dealer to address my issues. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaTom View Post
Fingers crossed
X2
Old 02-22-2014, 06:55 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleighb View Post
It LOOKS like we have a favorable outcome in the works. Not a done deal yet, but hopeful!
Does this "outcome" involve C-4 or large quantities of ANFO?

Old 02-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #145
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbalmer65 View Post
Not sure how this works but I have had the 2014 sabre 36qbok for a few months now. I have found a few troubling problems that others have had big troubles with. I'm now very concerned about them. One big one is the floor in the bunk area. For the price of the unit it should justify a QC tech. It is now at the dealer to address my issues. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.
Just pm'ed you
Old 02-22-2014, 08:21 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbalmer65 View Post

What kind of problems in the bunk area floor. We had a floor problem also
Old 02-22-2014, 08:32 PM   #147

I hope things work out for you, it's a shame to pay so much for something and not get to enjoy it.

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
Old 02-22-2014, 08:57 PM   #148

What a day, spent a good part of the day at our dealer arm wrestling everybody. Not sure where all this lands. Something needs to land soon, I am tired of of running around in circles, starting to get dizzy.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:01 PM   #149

I do feel sorry for all the rest of you fighting your own battles. I do know how you feel and if you need to talk and blow off some steam, please PM me and I will get you my number. Not sure if I can help, but I sure can cry with you.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #150

Hi sounds like sabre is not the way to go. We bought a 35QSIK last spring. The first time we opened it the large living room slide twisted. It has an outside kitchen. When we filled it with water the outside kitchen taps started leaking. We hadn't even camped in it. On our first camping trip we noticed that the line going into the toilet was leaking. The door to the bunk room and to the pantry won't stay closed. We took it in. They had it for a month and only fixed the toilet leak. We used it the rest of the summer and the slide for the kitchen island started acting up. We have to move it a few inches out then one inch in then a few more out just to get it opened. When camping season was over we took it back to the dealer with a list of 27 items that need to be fixed. They have had it from mid September till now. The only time we had any interaction was when my husband was near the dealership and stopped in. He was told that they have to take the whole front cap off to fix something. 2 of the 4 slides don't work. I just want to return it and get another trailer, a different brand cause I am so disappointed in our Sabre. We thought we were buying a high end trailer not a piece of junk. Will never buy another Sabre as long as I live. So disappointed I almost don't want to camp anymore.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #151
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginaldd View Post
Hi sounds like sabre is not the way to go. We bought a 35QSIK last spring. The first time we opened it the large living room slide twisted. It has an outside kitchen. When we filled it with water the outside kitchen taps started leaking. We hadn't even camped in it. On our first camping trip we noticed that the line going into the toilet was leaking. The door to the bunk room and to the pantry won't stay closed. We took it in. They had it for a month and only fixed the toilet leak. We used it the rest of the summer and the slide for the kitchen island started acting up. We have to move it a few inches out then one inch in then a few more out just to get it opened. When camping season was over we took it back to the dealer with a list of 27 items that need to be fixed. They have had it from mid September till now. The only time we had any interaction was when my husband was near the dealership and stopped in. He was told that they have to take the whole front cap off to fix something. 2 of the 4 slides don't work. I just want to return it and get another trailer, a different brand cause I am so disappointed in our Sabre. We thought we were buying a high end trailer not a piece of junk. Will never buy another Sabre as long as I live. So disappointed I almost don't want to camp anymore.
Sorry about your problems.
Do you have the schwintek slide mechanisms on your slides or the rack-&-pinion style?
I know some of the sabres had schwintek slides and every manuf. Has had issues with them if they used them.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:28 PM   #152

Yes our one slide in the kitchen is a Schwintek slide that won't go in evenly. Very often. Sometimes taking twenty minutes to get it in or out. And the super slide had a steel beam underneath bend out and wreck the skirting on the drivers side
Old 02-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Sorry about your problems.
Do you have the schwintek slide mechanisms on your slides or the rack-&-pinion style?
I know some of the sabres had schwintek slides and every manuf. Has had issues with them if they used them.
Millar, is there an easy way to tell what type of slide mech you have???
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2
Old 02-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #154
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 hole View Post
Millar, is there an easy way to tell what type of slide mech you have???
Yep- the Schwinteks have a pair of drive tracks on each side:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post490100

Old 02-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #155
Oklahoma Proud

Like dougs pic. Heres a schwintek (top pic)
And then at the bottom - a rack and pinion system
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1393255337118.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	46723   Click image for larger version

Name:	1393255403544.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	46724  
Old 02-24-2014, 12:02 PM   #156

What's the better slide??? Scwintek or regular one?? My bed slide is a scwintek but other two are diff.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:07 PM   #157
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todouble View Post
What's the better slide??? Scwintek or regular one?? My bed slide is a scwintek but other two are diff.
YES. Both. Neither.

I was asking about this same thing at the factory. The benefits to the Schwintek slide is that you're supposed to be able to get a better seal all around when it's open or closed. The biggest con to the Schwintek slide is that is is 2 motors and 4 tracks that all have to be perfectly square. If not, then it can bind and give you issues. IMO, I like the simplicity of the non-Schwintek slides.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #158
Oklahoma Proud

Yes the rack and pinion is across the board the best / simplest slide system. Its simple and tried and tru and you dont have the leak/cavitation/settling issues that hydraulics have- but its slower.
Schwintek systems are easy to get out of alignment, and damage and cause a lot of issues with minimal contact from foreign objects contacting tracks.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #159

Are both types still being used? Wonder the rationale there.....
Old 02-24-2014, 01:58 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleighb View Post
Are both types still being used? Wonder the rationale there.....
Kickbacks?
Closed Thread

Tags
customer service, factory, sabre, service, warranty