Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 10:07 PM   #181

Tom... We know it's that simple to us regular folk... Somehow big corporate America just never seems to get it... Then wonder why they're losing market share to their competitor... And the solution to that is to make cuts... To things like QA and warranty repairs. Because on paper, those departments reduce the bottom line, not increase it. It seems anymore, all things must be explained in spreadsheet form or it's not worth doing. That's sad.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:45 PM   #182
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleighb View Post
Yes, Narboza - they have told us several options they are considering. The problem is that this is now in the hands of upper management and we are not "in" on those discussions. They have told us that they have the right to do some things that are more to our favor than others - but won't make an actual bona-fide offer. We feel that whatever they offer we still have the right to negotiate if we are not satisfied by the terms of their deal...but right now we are just anxious to hear their firm offer. I do feel like they have listened to our concerns, and I do feel "heard" but it remains to be seen if that benefits me
Hang in there !!!! is it PR or BS....I go new or bust!

Zelda the campin dog
Old 02-26-2014, 09:09 PM   #183

Well, things are going not so well again. I have never seen so many promises broken. I thought we were on a road to recovery which ended with falling off a cliff. I wish all you Sabre owners good luck with your unit because if you have problems and your dealer can't fix them in house consider yourself blank blank luck.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #184
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad DADDY View Post
Well, things are going not so well again. I have never seen so many promises broken. I thought we were on a road to recovery which ended with falling off a cliff. I wish all you Sabre owners good luck with your unit because if you have problems and your dealer can't fix them in house consider yourself blank blank luck.
what da heck

Zelda the campin dog
Old 02-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #185

Thank god we have documented everything in the world about this camper along with a few hundred photos. Let the games begin.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:18 PM   #186

We were told that we had two options, and they threw a curve ball today that was apparently hidden behind door number three! When in Goshen we were told that if there were further problems with our camper they would just build us another one. It is not my concern that we are nearing the end of the model year switchover and it's not my concern that my dealer does not want to buy your lemon and it's CERTAINLY not my concern that you lose money making this right.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:26 PM   #187
Site Team

WOW! Speechless.....whats next?
I have one more unit to buy down the road..it wont be a Sabre

Zelda the campin dog
Old 02-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #188
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'd buy one tomorrow.

TURBS

Think spring!
The last man standing also has a sharpie
Old 02-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #189
Always Learning

Wow guys. I'm so sorry to hear.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:31 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
WOW! Speechless.....whats next?

We are not sure. They agreed to change out the unit. The problem is the factory does not want my unit at the plant. They want a dealer to take it in trade and give us off there lot but they can't find a dealer that wants it or a dealer that will put enough money in the trade. I assume and only assume that value is not good in these units
Old 02-26-2014, 09:33 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I'd buy one tomorrow.

TURBS

Think spring!

You have more faith than I do.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:34 PM   #192
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleighb View Post
We were told that we had two options, and they threw a curve ball today that was apparently hidden behind door number three! When in Goshen we were told that if there were further problems with our camper they would just build us another one. It is not my concern that we are nearing the end of the model year switchover and it's not my concern that my dealer does not want to buy your lemon and it's CERTAINLY not my concern that you lose money making this right.
Seriously? They're trying to get your dealer to buy that POS back so they can pass it off to some unfortunate, unknowing customer again?

Regarding losing money, what do they think you're doing? You're still paying notes (if you didn't pay cash) and insurance on that POS!

I'ma stop "rat cheer" before I let Weezer off the chain. T'won't be purty.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Old 02-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #193
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
I'd buy one tomorrow.

TURBS

Think spring!
X2!! I feel for your situation and read your thread every time it's updated. It sucks, but my camper has been awesome and the Sabre would be on the top of my list if and when I purchase again.
2016-(32) 2017-(13) 2018-(20) 2019-0
Old 02-26-2014, 09:37 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Seriously? They're trying to get your dealer to buy that POS back so they can pass it off to some unfortunate, unknowing customer again?

Regarding losing money, what do they think you're doing? You're still paying notes (if you didn't pay cash) and insurance on that POS!

I'ma stop "rat cheer" before I let Weezer off the chain. T'won't be purty.

That is exactly what they are going to do. I do feel sorry if someone else gets this unit. The poor soles won't know what hit them. They will not know what hit when it falls apart and no warranty
Old 02-26-2014, 09:39 PM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc View Post
X2!! I feel for your situation and read your thread every time it's updated. It sucks, but my camper has been awesome and the Sabre would be on the top of my list if and when I purchase again.

I guess if you have a good unit than they are great from what I hear. Just don't get a bad unit !!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:46 PM   #196
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
You have more faith than I do.
Ours is pending "for sale" right now in order to order a new sabre.
35qsik
Albeit I dont believe anyone on this forum hasn't had some kind of issue's in one way or another including all brands within forest river, some minor some major.

I dont think there's any one single manufacturer in the rv business out there that hasn't had units with this kind of major malfunction.

Heads up chin high.

TURBS

Think spring!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:47 PM   #197
NELA

Quote:
We are not sure. They agreed to change out the unit. The problem is the factory does not want my unit at the plant. They want a dealer to take it in trade and give us off there lot but they can't find a dealer that wants it or a dealer that will put enough money in the trade. I assume and only assume that value is not good in these units
That tells me this unit IS NOT repairable. Am I wrong?

Your story is the stuff of RV owners' nightmares.

The lemon law needs to be adapted to cover RVs other than motor homes. People sometimes invest their life savings in preparation for retirement, only to see it go up in smoke with no clear laws to support them. Additionally the buyer struggles to find an attorney that is willing to take on the HUGE legal teams that are at the manufacturers' disposal.

I will be good.
I Will be good.
I will Be good.
I will be Good.
dang it, no I won't if I don't hush.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Old 02-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #198

Quote:
Ours is pending "for sale" right now in order to order a new sabre.
35qsik
Albeit I dont believe anyone on this forum hasn't had some kind of issue's in one way or another including all brands within forest river, some minor some major.

I dont think there's any one single manufacturer in the rv business out there that hasn't had units with this kind of major malfunction.

Heads up chin high.

TURBS

Think spring!

I totally agree with you, if you purchase a camper and you think something isn't going to go wrong than you have another coming. It's all about how it is handled if you have a big problem and I can tell you this case has been handled awful. I hope you understand that I like the camper or I would have bought it but there service if you have a big problem sucks.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:56 PM   #199

I am glad that the vast majority of Sabres are working well, and we have felt all along that we just got a bad unit. The only thing we wanted from the get-go was a quality unit. When we were assured at the factory that the issues were resolved we took them at their word. It has not been the case. I'm by no means looking for something beyond what I have paid for or was promised.

As for all manufacturers having problems, I agree totally. That is why there is a PDI facility and entire QC division. Problems are to be expected, but solutions should be too.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:59 PM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
That tells me this unit IS NOT repairable. Am I wrong?

Your story is the stuff of RV owners' nightmares.

The lemon law needs to be adapted to cover RVs other than motor homes. People sometimes invest their life savings in preparation for retirement, only to see it go up in smoke with no clear laws to support them. Additionally the buyer struggles to find an attorney that is willing to take on the HUGE legal teams that are at the manufacturers' disposal.

I will be good.
I Will be good.
I will Be good.
I will be Good.
dang it, no I won't if I don't hush.

You would think that if they are willing to replace it. I have no idea why they want a dealer to take it on trade if it's junk. I guess if they can pawn it off on some poor sole with no warranty then they win, heck I don't know there doing, just assuming is all I am doing.
Closed Thread

Tags
customer service, factory, sabre, service, warranty