Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2015, 03:49 PM   #1

New 2016 Sabre 33CKTS

We decided to go with the Sabre 33CKTSand will be picking it up on 6/27 and completing the walk thru. We are excited as this is a big upgrade for us from a 30' with only 2 slides and rear entry to a 38' with 3 slides!

Any suggestions on things to really look for that might have been missed by the dealer on their PDI? I have seen discussions of items like leaking tanks, electric not working in slides, gravity water fills not functioning properly and just wondered if I will have to wait for first trip to see if there are issues. Any suggestions of what to look closely at after you did walk thru on your Sabre or check lists would be appreciated.

Also looking for ideas of storage organization for the pass thru. It is a large area with 3 doors but yet the batteries and spare can't be blocked off permanently. I figure stack-able plastic is a good option.

Thanks for the advice.
16k Reese Titan Slider
40 gal ATI Transfer tank
Load Lifter 5000 Airbags
glraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:26 AM   #2

Stackable plastic tubs is the way to go for storage. our 33 ckts had lots of little workmanship problems but only one problem that I would consider serious. That was the nylon or plastic peace that the slide on the curb side go over was not attached correctly and came out the dealer had to practically pulled of slide all the way out to repair it. It took them quite a while. All in all once the problems were corrected at the dealer it has been a very good unit for us I love the floor plan.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:58 AM   #3

I had what is call 2 main issues.

First was on inspection the rubber seal for the bedroom slide was torn. Had to wait 2 was to get that fixed as FR sent the wrong gasket the first time.

Second was no 110 power in kitchen slide. Couldn't fix on delivery so they had to come back up.

Rest of the issues are minor and mainly due to me wishing for better quality.

The Genesis radio sucks and the sub woofer doesn't work. Solution there is to replace with sound-bar.

The air conditioner struggles to get really low but I've been reading that these leak pretty bad so will need to do some sealing.

Otherwise love the unit and the floor plan. I knew at sub 40k there would be comprises vs going to an 80k unit. As with everything you get what you pay for.
Old 07-16-2015, 12:53 PM   #4

I think it's a very nice unit. I seen ones I like less for more $$$.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:35 AM   #5

I worried about how best to use the basement storage while waiting for our Sabre to be delivered. Here is how we "usually" use ours:

Down the middle thru the front door....we stack out outside tables and chairs. Its pretty easy to grab the ones in the back. I also have a sealable Ziploc tub that fits over the battery compartment cover that we use for sewer fittings and extra sewer hoses

On the Drivers side: We have 2 large clear plastic open tubs, 1 for electrical and the other our collection of hoses. We also store our chocks, sewer supports and our lego leveling blocks.

On the passenger side: I have 4 smaller stackable plastic draws they we use to store out side "kitchen" items like my small cast iron fry pans, paper plates/utensils, etc.

But...We just got back from visiting our daughter/son-in-law's first home in Colorado so I decided to take advantage of the opportunity to clear out all of her junk in her room that we've been storing since she went off to college. It all fit nicely in the basement and I still had enough room for the road trip essentials.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sabre