Old 01-21-2014, 04:20 PM   #1

Ordering a new Sabre 36QBOK

For all of you out there that currently have one or had one built I have a request. Is there anything offered as an option that you don't have but wished that you had? Do you have any recommendations that are a must when ordering and/or something that is probably best left off? Moving up from travel trailer Wildwood 30qbss. It is a 2014 that has been used 5 times and will be for sale.

Thank you,
Jason

2014 Montana 356TBF
Big Bad Allis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:33 PM   #2

I'm in the same boat and look forward to the replies here. I've special built mine with the regular front A/C not the low profile and I also went with the regular dinnette in place of the table or u shaped dinnette and then took the couch out and added 2 lazy boy recliners.

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to add the 4 point auto leveling system that is available. Its a $2,000 option but I can see where it would be nice when its 100 degrees and I don't have to pull up and put boards under the wheels and do all that stuff to level the 5er.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:03 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates55 View Post
I'm in the same boat and look forward to the replies here. I've special built mine with the regular front A/C not the low profile and I also went with the regular dinnette in place of the table or u shaped dinnette and then took the couch out and added 2 lazy boy recliners.

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to add the 4 point auto leveling system that is available. Its a $2,000 option but I can see where it would be nice when its 100 degrees and I don't have to pull up and put boards under the wheels and do all that stuff to level the 5er.
I think my next 5er will have the auto level system. I would also think that a 5er that size would have a 6 point level system. My wife also likes the regular dinette in place of the table or U. I don't like the U, the table is too small. Would get 2 A/Cs, 12 cu/ft fridge, solid surface countertops, and minimal carpet.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:11 PM   #4
Fulltime family RVer

I'd love a 6-point level up system. I'd likely spring for the money for the 4-point anyway.

Contrary to AquaMan, I would not opt for the 12 cu/ft fridge and would prefer the counter/cabinet space that you would have to give up for it. We also would only short-list campers that offered a u-shape dinette.

2 A/Cs is "required" in my opinion. I don't have any preference for the low profile or regular profile A/C. Ask the Sabre rep which is quieter and opt for that one. The regular profile one is jet engine loud in the small bedroom.

Love our solid surface counter tops and beauwood (or whatever they call the fake/vinyl wood floor) over carpet.

The 2 recliners instead of front couch is an interesting plan. The couch only really seats 2 unless you have real little ones (I have a 10 year old and 1 1/2 year old). We bought some fold-up ottomans that we use. It made the couch 1000% more comfortable to be able to put our feet up.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:21 PM   #5

I haven't shopped for new FWs, but if it were an option, I'd surely add a backup camera system. And if you have a place for a washer & dryer...and you are not going to use them, request some sort of dresser or chest of drawers to go in the spot...again, if available.
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:23 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

If the fridge was positioned differently and the counter space was actually usable (looks to be only 12"?) I may agree. Our fridges are packed all the time and we still carry coolers that hold more than just drinks.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

As an edit to my last post, if the 36qbok had the extra 2' that the Sierra has, and put it in the kitchen, it would be close to PERFECT!
Old 01-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #8

My only concern is the 4 point level up system being strong enough for this large of a trailer. It's an all electric system too. I thought it would be electric over hydraulic but it's not. It's all hydraulic. Have any of you guys seen this system and feel it would be sufficient to stabilize and level up the trailer.

I don't want to spend the extra $2,000 and still have to carry boards to back the 5er on to get it half way level before I auto level it.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #9

- I left off the couch in bunk room after initially ordering. Reason is that it is really too small for 2 people and if teens want more sleep space after bunks are full we will throw foamies on floor.
- Added Dual pane windows.
- Hit or miss on Serta mattress upgrade, good quality topper may have been adequete from what I hear from others here.
- Slide toppers is one option I did not get, that I may have if re-ordering now.
- 10 gal vs 12 gal H2O heater, went with 10, not sure how much difference this is?
- I got the central vacuum, saves having to find space for a larger clunky one, since ours is parked at lake.
- Platinum edition, all the way!
- Solid surface counter with extension.

That covers it.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:08 PM   #10
Fulltime family RVer

AquaMan - good point on the counter space. I haven't seen the 2014s in person to know where the space comes from. But, I don't think the Sierra has an extra 2 feet on us. Back when I ordered, supposedly from the factory was a measurement of 41' 10" (per the factory sales rep at the time).

5 hole makes some great points:

1) We opted for the couch - my wife liked that it was a "lounging" space since we only have 2 kids. Not 100% positive what we would get next time.

2) I wish I would have gotten dual pane windows.

3) We did do the Serta mattress upgrade and still had to get a memory foam/pillow top mattress topper.

3) LOVE my slide toppers, though mine were dealer installed.

4) We have the 10 gallon and haven't had issues with running out of water; though I'd gladly upgrade to 12. We're gluttonous.

5) I would have liked the central vac system, it just wasn't offered.

6) Partial paint was way better of a look (IMO!), but no longer offered.

7) The counter top extension is needed (unless it's standard, then ignore me ). If you get the solid surface counters, it makes sense to get the solid surface extension. Good call.

Tags
sabre