Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2017, 07:52 PM   #1

Pull out sofa bed

I have a 2016 Sabre 330CK. The living room couch folds out to a sofa bed. Once it is converted to a bed, the sleeping area is not level and very uncomfortable.
This is the only photo I have of the couch, unfortunately it is not in the bed position.
Has anyone done some type of modification to level out this sleeping area.
Attached Images

autoguy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 06:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy40 View Post
I have a 2016 Sabre 330CK. The living room couch folds out to a sofa bed. Once it is converted to a bed, the sleeping area is not level and very uncomfortable.
This is the only photo I have of the couch, unfortunately it is not in the bed position.
Has anyone done some type of modification to level out this sleeping area.

We've just bought the same fifth wheel. Our salesman told us to buy an Aero-bed (air mattress). I'll follow your post to see if any suggestions are given to some how notify the bed.
sestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:01 AM   #3

One of the air mattresses is the way to go I went with the camping style air bed and not the big which type used at home. I stop it under the bed when not in use.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:55 AM   #4

Thank you for your replies. Do you place the Aero bed on top of the folded out couch or on the floor? If its on the fold out, what size of mattress did you buy? Thanks again.
autoguy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:00 PM   #5

Boy I just reread my post I need to slow down or drink less when posting. I place it on top of the existing cushion, keep in mind its the thinner camping style and inflate it with a battery operated pump.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:05 AM   #6

It appears to me that when I let out the sofa bed it simply sits high on the foot end or end closes to the sink island. Not sure how an air mattress will fix a level problem.
alsimmon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:59 PM   #7

While out this weekend I decided to look under the pull out and see why this is an issue. There two fold down poles attached to legs on the end. The fold down poles do adjust, but when I adjusted them to the last hole on the legs it still sits a little high. I removed the two U shape fold down poles, drilled a hole1 1/2 inches below the original hole. Then I cut an inch off the top of each side of the U shape poles to allow the pole to adjust higher on the legs. Problem solved.
alsimmon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:13 AM   #8

Our 2012 came with the air mattress,pump and it's great. The pump deflates the mattress so it all goes back neatly every time. I haven't got kicked out of the other bed, yet, but our adult kids say they slept well.
bobby2betsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed