Old 03-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #11

Thank you for the info.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #12

I have found if you have a 20' hose and park your trailer wheels even with the dump station you will be able to empty both ends without moving the trailer

Old 03-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #13

That was why I was asking. I have 2 of the 15' rhino flex sewer hose kits. I was hoping it would be enough. I guess I can always buy the 10' extensions they make if I need to.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #14
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates55 View Post
That was why I was asking. I have 2 of the 15' rhino flex sewer hose kits. I was hoping it would be enough. I guess I can always buy the 10' extensions they make if I need to.
If you camp with hookups, you'll likely need another 10' hose.

If you use dump stations, CBergstrom's info sounds good.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
If you camp with hookups, you'll likely need another 10' hose.

If you use dump stations, CBergstrom's info sounds good.

I forgot to add that detail about full hookups. I have an extra 15' hose and a Y fitting for those times we get the chance to have that service. Sometimes I will use both at the dump station but then it's an extra hose to clean up.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates55 View Post

Missed your post, you might be fine with 15' hose but you will want to be as close to the dump station as possible
Old 03-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #17

We mostly camp where we have full hook ups. Our longer trips are normally at the beaches in South Carolina where I will be set up for 10 days at a time. So I would like to have enough to be able to hook up. Do you guys use the Wye connector actually hooked to the dump inlet in the ground or up close to the camper.

I was thinking about hooking up the front sewer hose and running it down along side the camper then using a short hose to come out of the back sewer outlet and hooking them both to the Wye connecter then running one hose to the dump in the ground.

How do you guys do this. I've heard that with the Wye sometime the water from the front tank wants to back up in the hose going to the back tanks. Any helpful info here would be greatly appreciated. I want this to be as easy as possible when camping.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:41 PM   #18
Fulltime family RVer

I generally carry about 60' (yes, sixty feet) of sewer hose. 2 x 20' hoses and 2 x 10' hoses. I generally use at least 30' and often 50'. I have found, you want to use as little as possible to aid dumping the tanks out.

I move my wye around depending on the setup. Sometimes it's right at the sewer, sometimes there's a hose between it and the sewer. I haven't figured out if I prefer one way or another. I think some folks w/ the 36QB have debated that it's a more consistent setup the latter way. I tend to reinvent the wheel each trip out and use whatever I grab.

I've never seen the water backup into the tanks, but I only ever have 1 pull handle open at a time, so even if the water does run the other way- it's going to hit the valve and that's the end of it.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:52 PM   #19
Are we there yet.......

I did the two 10' kit with the Y then to dump. Works great

Tags
sabre