Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #1

Question for Sabre 36QBOK-7 Owners

I just ordered a 2014 Sabre 36QBOK-7. It hasn't arrived yet but my wife and I are looking around and things we may need for our new trailer.

We have lots of stuff from our previous Travel Trailer but one question I have is about the bunks.

Can someone tell me what size sheets and bedding they bought for the bunks???
Pirates55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
Always Learning

We didn't buy anything- we have used both twin and full size sheets. For the full- I just tuck the extra under the back side of the bunk (somehow bed making is my job?!).
Old 03-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #3

We do the same thing with the bedding. We just fold the extra under the mattress. I have looked at custom sheet sets and they can get expensive. My kids always sleep in there sleeping bags, I was told it's not camping if you don't have sleeping bags. I finally got one up on you Doug, I am in charge of everything else accept bedding. Lol
Mad DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad DADDY View Post
We do the same thing with the bedding. We just fold the extra under the mattress. I have looked at custom sheet sets and they can get expensive. My kids always sleep in there sleeping bags, I was told it's not camping if you don't have sleeping bags. I finally got one up on you Doug, I am in charge of everything else accept bedding. Lol
We looked at all sorts of campers including those with the loft beds. My daughter nixed that idea when we told her we wouldn't make beds up there and she'd have to sleep in a sleeping bag. Needless to say, we don't camp.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #5

I only things that we have purchased that we didn't have from our other camper is, we did put shelf liner in all the cabinets, put TVs in the master and bunk area, max air vent covers in the smoke color and a washer/dryer combo.
Mad DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad DADDY View Post

Same thing here with our 34tbok. We have the bifold couch in the bunkhouse so we put a foam topper on there and leave made on there as our smallest camper still has an occasional afternoon nap.

The only thing I wish that room had was a roof vent as it can get a little stuffy back there if you can't get any airflow from the side windows. On that note, I bought a sheet of black corrugated plastic and cut pieces to cover the windows back there as our kids won't go to sleep unless it's dark. This far north in the summer means dark isn't until almost 11pm which really cuts into the rum-cola time if you are still dealing with kids!!

You might want to invest in closet bars for your outdoor kitchen fridge because if you keep your bevies in there during transport, you will have to do some quick catching when you open the OK door. Camco makes a set designed for fridges.

You are going to love your Sabre.
CBergstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:38 PM   #7
Always Learning

We just stuff our table cloth cover into the fridge when we travel. It fills the extra space and keeps things in place. I also put a child lock on it as I found it would open with travel periodically.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
We just stuff our table cloth cover into the fridge when we travel. It fills the extra space and keeps things in place. I also put a child lock on it as I found it would open with travel periodically.

I put a child lock on too. I tried the towel trick but still ended up with foamy beer on the ground. Not sure what the cost would be but it sure would be nice if a 3 or 2 way RV fridge could be installed there.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:29 PM   #9

Another question. What's the distance between the two sewer connections?
Old 03-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #10
Are we there yet.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates55 View Post
Another question. What's the distance between the two sewer connections?

The measurement I got on mine is 17' drain to drain. Sorry it took so long to get you a answer.
Pbalmer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:32 AM   #11

Thank you for the info.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:25 AM   #12

I have found if you have a 20' hose and park your trailer wheels even with the dump station you will be able to empty both ends without moving the trailer
Old 03-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #13

That was why I was asking. I have 2 of the 15' rhino flex sewer hose kits. I was hoping it would be enough. I guess I can always buy the 10' extensions they make if I need to.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #14
Always Learning

Quote:
That was why I was asking. I have 2 of the 15' rhino flex sewer hose kits. I was hoping it would be enough. I guess I can always buy the 10' extensions they make if I need to.
If you camp with hookups, you'll likely need another 10' hose.

If you use dump stations, CBergstrom's info sounds good.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
If you camp with hookups, you'll likely need another 10' hose.

If you use dump stations, CBergstrom's info sounds good.

I forgot to add that detail about full hookups. I have an extra 15' hose and a Y fitting for those times we get the chance to have that service. Sometimes I will use both at the dump station but then it's an extra hose to clean up.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #16

Quote:

Missed your post, you might be fine with 15' hose but you will want to be as close to the dump station as possible
Old 03-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #17

We mostly camp where we have full hook ups. Our longer trips are normally at the beaches in South Carolina where I will be set up for 10 days at a time. So I would like to have enough to be able to hook up. Do you guys use the Wye connector actually hooked to the dump inlet in the ground or up close to the camper.

I was thinking about hooking up the front sewer hose and running it down along side the camper then using a short hose to come out of the back sewer outlet and hooking them both to the Wye connecter then running one hose to the dump in the ground.

How do you guys do this. I've heard that with the Wye sometime the water from the front tank wants to back up in the hose going to the back tanks. Any helpful info here would be greatly appreciated. I want this to be as easy as possible when camping.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #18
Always Learning

I generally carry about 60' (yes, sixty feet) of sewer hose. 2 x 20' hoses and 2 x 10' hoses. I generally use at least 30' and often 50'. I have found, you want to use as little as possible to aid dumping the tanks out.

I move my wye around depending on the setup. Sometimes it's right at the sewer, sometimes there's a hose between it and the sewer. I haven't figured out if I prefer one way or another. I think some folks w/ the 36QB have debated that it's a more consistent setup the latter way. I tend to reinvent the wheel each trip out and use whatever I grab.

I've never seen the water backup into the tanks, but I only ever have 1 pull handle open at a time, so even if the water does run the other way- it's going to hit the valve and that's the end of it.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:52 PM   #19
Are we there yet.......

I did the two 10' kit with the Y then to dump. Works great
Pbalmer65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sabre