Old 06-29-2014, 01:04 PM   #1
Sabre 32ckts / Columbus 320rs owners?

We're currently looking to upgrade from our 07' Wildcat 29RK. We've towed over 20k with this one, but we're spending more and more time in it and it would be nice to have better floor plan. We like the floorplans of the two mentioned.

Anyone on here have any input on actual pin weights, quality, preferred options?

Tried muddling through a couple hundred searches on here, but came to the conculsion it's be easier to just ask.

Way2nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
Sabre 32ckts / Columbus 320rs owners?

We had a 2007 Sabre 31RKTS-6, a 34' rear kitchen unit. We liked it and it served us well. It was lacking a few amenities that DW decided was important.

We saw a Columbus 320RS at an RV show in 2012. King size bed, gigantic shower, 100" wide, and a whole lot of stuff that made us decide to upgrade. It was a very early unit and there were a few bugs that needed to be taken care of. Since they were fixed, we really like it. It's comfortable, it's beautifully detailed inside, It's fairly well optioned out so there's not much it doesn't have. The Sabre is a nice unit and you would be happy with it. However, if you can get a Columbus 320RS, go for it. Here are some of the options on ours: Roto Flex hitch pin (the tri glide wasn't an option, yet), front low profile A/C (the new ones are quieter), fireplace, bedroom TV, Slide toppers, King bed (though it cuts down on the bedroom size), JT Strong Arms, Leather couch, rear bike rack, woodgrain looking vinyl floor. Looking back, there are some options I wish I would have purchased: Serta Trump mattress (the stock mattress is terrible), 6 way leveling system, dual pane windows,and 7,000# axles.

It tows great with my RAM 2500.

Good luck with your decision.

2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
2007 Dodge RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins
Reese 15K manual slider
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
We also have the 320rs and we LOVE it! Very minor issues that I was able to fix when we took delivery and 1 year later, It has been AWSOME! Only option we didn't get was 2nd A/C but that is not really important as we spend almost all of our time in the northeast (and we can always have it dealer installed). Gotta haves are the JT strongarms, Bike rack, BR TV, fireplace and I had the Mor Ryde pin box installed in place of the standard pin box. I say go for the 320rs, you won't be dissapointed, there are many on the Columbus FB page who will tell you the same as I have said.
2008 Dodge Ram 4X4 Quad cab LB 2500 Cummins 6.7L TD / 2013 Columbus 320rs. Camped 50 days in 2015. RIP Angel the camping Cat, we will miss you.
Don and Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:07 PM   #4
We just put over 9400 miles on a 2 month trip in a 2015 Columbus 320 & love it. The only real issue is the ceiling fan bearings failed.

We went with JT Strong Arms, 6 way auto level, slide awings, fireplace, heat pump in main AC, 2nd BR AC, custom rear cap, rear camera, Tri Glide pin & 7K axles. DW wanted the standard frig instead of the 4 dr or residential. It works great for us. I wanted the queen mattress because of the additional room. We did not upgrade to the Trump mattress. We purchased a memory foam from Ashley furn for much less than the trump.

I was afraid the tri-glide & rear camera would be frills. I will never own another 5er without them. Good luck on your choice.
Goukcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 11:01 PM   #5
We just change trailers and have our back up camera from the old trailer ready to go on the new and where did you mount it on the new trailer?i'm concerned about holes in our new trailer.
Swift 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:02 AM   #6
Site Team
I have a sabre 34REQS that we purchased new in July. I love the floor plan but I currently have a list of close to 35 things for the factory to fix when they take it back (awaiting pick up as forest river is paying to ship it back for us). So far a good dealership and forest river customer service is taking care of us but we will see how the unit is after we get it back. To be fair of the 35 things many are small trim things but we have some more severe issues like the hole the slide goes through is not cut square and ability to see daylight in the front closet. Many many sabre owners have told me to hang on, once I get these issues resolved, I will have a solid trailer. I really hope they are right.
<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
I'm not sure what the difference is but we have the 33ckts and love it. Unlike the Columbus the island is stationary and has the double sink. The Columbus's island is on wheels. Both are fine units and either will give you years of pleasurable glamping. Good luck.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:57 PM   #8
I also have our new 320rs out on its first outing. We also saved our rear camera and would like to mount it on the back of ours. Any help wiring? Also there are no back up lights. Is there the needed wires in the existing tail lights for the back up lights?

Bruce and Nancy
2011 F350
320 RS
Swift 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:05 PM   #9
I can't help with the wiring questions; sorry. I ordered our rear camera & it was installed at the factory.
Wayne & Sheryl
Plus Ollie & Sophie
(they don't know they're dogs)
2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
2015 Columbus 320RS
"Where ever you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai
Goukcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:22 AM   #10
Dave on Burton
on the Columbus the factory backup camera is wired to the clearance lights so you have to have your parking /headlights on for it to work.

Dmitchem is offline   Reply With Quote

320rs, columbus, sabre