Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #1

Sabre 36BHQ Washer/Dryer

Does anyone here have one with a combo washer/crier installed? I was wondering how hard it is to use since it appears you have to access it through the closet.
Also if you have a vented model (which I insist on having) how hard was it to drill the hole for the vent?

Thanks in advance.
KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:10 PM   #2
Always Learning

I don't have the model but I do have a Sabre and did add a washer/dryer.

For me, the installation was easy but physically demanding to get it into place. But, I had to get around a dresser (we basically had to lower it down into place vertically). Going through the closet has to be easier.

The actual hookup is easy for the water, gray, and electric. Drilling the hole is more scary than hard - we measured 2 or 3 times off of the window to verify the placement (I didn't have a helpful "drill here" sticker). My buddy started the hole from the inside. When the drill bit poked through the outer wall, he stopped. From the outside, we taped the area and then he actually drilled the remainder of the hole with the saw in reverse in order to keep the lines as clean as possible. Some tape and the vent went on quick and easy.

Here's some general info. I touch on the installation a little bit:
Clothing washer/dryer- the holy grail of convenience | Learn To RV
Old 02-15-2018, 11:23 AM   #3

We had the dealer install a Splendid 2100 vented and while we were a little concerned there would be issues with it in the closet, there is plenty of room especially with the bed in the 'up' position.
Matt_Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:45 AM   #4

Just bought a 36BHQ yesterday and I'm looking at adding a washer/dryer unit as well, the Splendide 7100XC. This one doesnt have a vent, but has a condensation drain. Any thoughts on the "ventless" model?
senseiallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:13 AM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseiallen View Post
Just bought a 36BHQ yesterday and I'm looking at adding a washer/dryer unit as well, the Splendide 7100XC. This one doesnt have a vent, but has a condensation drain. Any thoughts on the "ventless" model?
Drying times are significantly longer than vented. I've heard it takes close to 2 hours to dry vs. 1 hour for the vented model.

Personally, making a hole for a vent is a lot scarier to think about than it was to have done (a buddy did it at a campsite for me).

Making the hole is WELL worth it. Most of the time that you read complaints about washer/dryer combos, it's because they're ventless. Friends don't let friends buy ventless.

Tags
sabre