Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2014, 12:54 PM   #1

Sabre 36QBOK-7 Bunkhouse Floor

For you guys that have had problems with the bunkhouse floor giving or feeling soft about 3 or 4 feet back from the back wall.......how did your dealer fix it.

My Sabre is at the dealer now being worked on for several other issues. One of which is the bunkhouse floor. They said that Forest River will not pay them to cut up the flooring to look under there and that its not that bad. Pretty much told me to deal with it. The dealer has been real good about fixing any and all other issues I've had up until this point.

Any suggestions??? How did they fix others with this issue and what was causing the problem.

Here is a list of what they've fixed or are fixing so far.
1. Front bedroom a/c one vent with no air flow. Found out the duct was taped through.
2. Caulking issues around the king pin
3. Molding on my bunk house slide not installed properly.
4. Bunk house slide making loud noise when going in and out. Found out factory left out a cotter pin and instead just stuck a piece of copper wire in it.
5. Shocks that hold up baggage doors screws were stripping out factory used to short of screws.
6. Door stop on front door. screw was stripping out.
7. Bike rack pins wouldn't fit when bike rack was in the down position.
8. Outside kitchen door doesn't open up high enough to allow my fridge in the outside kitchen to open with out hitting
9. The seal around the outside kitchen is coming loose.
10. When the outside kitchen door shuts it's hitting the drawer pulls and rubbing the finish off the pulls and making a spot on the door.
11. The drawers under the bed in the front slide rub the dresser when slide is in and Is rubbing the finish off the dresser.
12. Seal pulling loose from front bedroom slide.
13. Key will not go in dead bolt lock
14. Toilet is leaking around the seam about halfway up the toilet.
15. Soft spot in my bunkhouse floor. Subfloor is joined in between joist allowing the subfloor to separate and give when stepped on.
16. I upgraded to a 15k BTU main A/C and a 13.5k a/c in front bedroom and the rear of the trailer stayed hot. Not sure that there isn't more obstructions in the duct work.
17. Front gray tank valve leaks.
18. Caulking on the ceiling of the front bedroom is pulling loose
19. TV in my front bedroom made a loud popping sound and quit working.
20. Fiberglass is cracked on the side of the camper near the front slide.

I have fixed a few other issues on my own but this is a list of what I've had the dealer working on so far. I hope once I get these bugs worked out I will be good to go.
Pirates55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
Oklahoma Proud

Dang!!

Does your floor feel worse when stabs are down or up?
I just checked ours (were out at the lake right now) and I cant feel anything in my floor, but I havent had my stabs up in 2 months since we just leave the 5er at the lake.

Sorry can't answer your question
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:55 PM   #3

Wow! I thought my Salem had issues spending the 1st 9 out of 12 months at the dealer or factory. I feel for you brother! I just hope you have a good dealer to communicate with FR. Look up that guy with the "Sabre Owners United" signature.
Great Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Laker View Post
Look up that guy with the "Sabre Owners United" signature.
That guy would be Turbs.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Dang!!

Does your floor feel worse when stabs are down or up?
I just checked ours (were out at the lake right now) and I cant feel anything in my floor, but I havent had my stabs up in 2 months since we just leave the 5er at the lake.

Sorry can't answer your question

I noticed it with the stabs down while parked at the beach. It's,like the subfloor where pieced together wasn't properly fastened to the frame.

2015 Sabre 36QBOK-7
2007 F-350 Diesel FX-4
China Grove,NC
Pirates55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #6
Are we there yet.......

My bunkhouse floor is not giving me troubles after they replaced the flooring. Before they replaced it I was feeling a seam and a soft spot but now it is fine and they did a GREAT job replacing the flooring. I truly believe you have to have a great relationship with your dealer to get the best outcome. Hats off to Oklahoma RV and there staff. Is anyone having troubles with the awning not closing right. Like the arms are off at the top causing it not to close all the way. Thoughts???
Pbalmer65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:47 AM   #7
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbalmer65 View Post
My bunkhouse floor is not giving me troubles after they replaced the flooring. Before they replaced it I was feeling a seam and a soft spot but now it is fine and they did a GREAT job replacing the flooring. I truly believe you have to have a great relationship with your dealer to get the best outcome. Hats off to Oklahoma RV and there staff. Is anyone having troubles with the awning not closing right. Like the arms are off at the top causing it not to close all the way. Thoughts???
Only recently- I think it has to do with the fabric not being centered more than the arms being off. I've read a few threads here on FRF about it. In fact, the last couple of trips out- I've tried "walking" the fabric from one end to the other a few times and it has definitely gotten easier.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:56 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The fabric can, and will, slide on the rail. If you relieve the tension on the fabric a bit, you can move it back into position, which will allow your awning arms to line back up. You can put a pop river in one end of the fabric to keep it in place on the roller.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:57 PM   #9
Are we there yet.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
The fabric can, and will, slide on the rail. If you relieve the tension on the fabric a bit, you can move it back into position, which will allow your awning arms to line back up. You can put a pop river in one end of the fabric to keep it in place on the roller.

That is a great idea!!!! I will for sure do that this weekend while it's out of its garage.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:34 PM   #10
Are we there yet.......

Sabre 36QBOK-7 Bunkhouse Floor

It fixed. Thank you very much for the cure. Dealership had it three times for this. Think I should tell them???? Lol. Told my buddy at camp with same trouble. Both are fixed. :-)
Old 08-29-2014, 06:28 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Great! Now I just need to put the rivet in mine. I always think about it when I don't have my rivet gun, but a quick tug every now and then cures it.

AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:30 AM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Great! Now I just need to put the rivet in mine. I always think about it when I don't have my rivet gun, but a quick tug every now and then cures it.

This is a family oriented site timmy.
No quick tugging allowed. [emoji16]

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 08:16 AM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
This is a family oriented site timmy.
No quick tugging allowed. [emoji16]