Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2016, 09:37 AM   #1

Sabre 36QBOK-7 Cabinet over Kitchen Sink

The cabinet is pulling away from the wall. Anyone else had this issue. I'm still under warranty by a few weeks. I've got a call into my dealer to see how they plan to handle the issue.

Also found a crack in the fiberglass on the driver side at the top right hand corner of the bunkhouse slide. I've already had the trailer sent back to the factory one time last year for a crack in the fiberglass near the bedroom slide.

I'm hopeful!
Pirates55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 09:39 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirates55 View Post
the cabinet is pulling away from the wall. Anyone else had this issue. I'm still under warranty by a few weeks. I've got a call into my dealer to see how they plan to handle the issue.

Also found a crack in the fiberglass on the driver side at the top right hand corner of the bunkhouse slide. I've already had the trailer sent back to the factory one time last year for a crack in the fiberglass near the bedroom slide.

I'm hopeful!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1459780765.125619.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	103862
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1459780789.037314.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	103863
Old 04-04-2016, 09:49 AM   #3
Always Learning

Yowza- no issues like either here.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:56 AM   #4

Don't want to start any rumors, bad-mouth anyone, make any accusations, but........... I have gotten a lot of conflicting information between speaking to my selling dealer, the dealer that took my QBOK in for repairs, Lippert, and Sabre. From what I have gathered my entire camper is twisted due to inadequate frame rails and/or supports. They are standing behind mine and taking it back to the factory for repair. Don't know if the issue is specific to my year or not but I do know that I am not the only one. If you are having cracking problems on your QBOK I would strongly suggest you look into this issue before you are out of warranty!

Nights Camped, 2015: 23, 2016: 27, 2017: 29, 2018: 22, 2019: 29
mikeysotp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates55 View Post
I would suggest that if your camera has a date stamp that displays on the picture to activate the feature and take a lot of photos to document the damage before warranty expiration. If you don't have the date stamp, use a current newspaper taking the picture of the newspaper date along with the damage.

If they balk at fixing it correctly, let them know you have documentation of your damage and are aware that others owners are having similar problems. If they fail to take responsibility, they may respond more favorably with the threat of a class action law suit. Hopefully it doesn't have to go that far, but just be prepared. It is much better to have the documentation and not need it as not having the documentation should you need it. The time is now.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:21 AM   #6

I have saved the emails that have the dates attached with pictures that I've sent to the service manager at the dealership where I bought the camper. Hopefully this will be evidence enough. I'm still waiting on my dealer to respond about how they plan to fix this. I may email the new factory warranty manager as well if I don't hear back from the dealer this week.

Sent using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2016, 09:02 AM   #7

Quote:
I have saved the emails that have the dates attached with pictures that I've sent to the service manager at the dealership where I bought the camper. Hopefully this will be evidence enough. I'm still waiting on my dealer to respond about how they plan to fix this. I may email the new factory warranty manager as well if I don't hear back from the dealer this week.

Sent using Tapatalk
You have done it right. Now it's time for the greasy wheel gets the grease routine.There are two things happening in the near future. Camping season is coming, the reason you bought it, and, when the season does start, more units are going to need repair. It wouldn't hurt to call the factory, because they are going to foot the bill on the repair. If the dealer has sent the pictures and info, the factory rep should have it. You will then know if the dealer has done anything. Personally,I believe there is more urgency in placing a phone call to the warranty manager. It's easier to ignore print than go one on one.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:09 PM   #8

I talked with the dealer and he has in documented in the system before warranty expiration. He has sent several emails to sabre but did say that with all the management changes they aren't as responsive as they had originally been. He sent another email yesterday along with pictures and said he will contact me once he knows how they want to proceed with the repair. He said most likely they will want to take it to the factory for repair and that its at least a 1 1/2 month lead time to even get it into the factory at this point. He said not to worry about the warranty expiring in mid April that since its documented with him and since he had sent notes to factory prior to expiration that it would be fixed under warranty.

I have my fingers crossed. However, I will say that my dealer and the factory so far have been very good to me and have fixed everything. I have a very long list of things that have been fixed. I have only been on one or two trips where it didn't have to go in for repair after the trip in the almost 2 years I've owned the trailer.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:24 PM   #9

Dropped my camper off at the dealer today to have it taken back to the factory for a second time. Hopefully they will get it all fixed and it will be smooth sailing from here on out. I was promised it would be back to me by July for our summer beach trip. I will keep you guys posted on the status.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:52 PM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
Dropped my camper off at the dealer today to have it taken back to the factory for a second time. Hopefully they will get it all fixed and it will be smooth sailing from here on out. I was promised it would be back to me by July for our summer beach trip. I will keep you guys posted on the status.
IMO, I'd push for going to visit it before they send it back this time. Do a thorough PDI at the factory and then either drag it home or let them deliver it.
Old 04-25-2016, 01:55 PM   #11

Hoping they get everything fixed to your satisfaction.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
sabre, cabinets