Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2015, 06:50 PM   #21

which is all the more frustrating. They know what it required so is it their QC that is that bad. You would think they would be able to do it on all the brands they manuf.
16k Reese Titan Slider
40 gal ATI Transfer tank
Load Lifter 5000 Airbags
glraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 06:30 AM   #22

This past weekend I furthered my inspection of the sat cabling. I tried to fish a string thru the existing ceiling pathway to no avail using both fiberglass and flexmetal fishes. There are some very sharp turns which does concern me as coax can only take a certain radius before it degradates. I also found a pathway where I can run a dedicated cable or cables to behind the TV in the main living area from the out side connection as water pipes ran behind the entertainment center. But I had a bright Idea while crawling in the storage area. I mounted my satellite receiver on the wall in the storage area, then mounted one of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o04_s00 and ran an HDMI cable from the receiver to my Living room TV and then ran a coaxial cable to the storage area TV connection which in turn fed the TV that I mounted in the bedroom. I now have a wireless remote control solution, no receiver in the bedroom or living area, which in turn creates an entertainment center under neath rather than inside. Going out this weekend to see how it all works, but in the driveway, with tailgater hooked up. It worked better than great! In fact, my wife was very happy with no more wires and grumbling from me.The living room TV was SD not HD, now I have HD in living room and SD on the small TV in the Bedroom.
I opted to mount the receiver just above the coax and electrical plug just inside the storage door. It is dry, close to electrical, accessible, easy to remove, easy to screw on coax and plug in HDMI and did not take up hardly any space in the storage area. I can watch the satellite in the living area, but if she wishes to watch off air in the bedroom, she can without any interference or if she wants to watch what is on the satellite, she switches over to 3 or 4 and there is satellite.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:32 PM   #23

So, after a few hours last night trying to get my satellite working I quickly narrowed down to something between the outside cabling hookup and the satellite plug in my living room tv on my heritage glen 300bh. I joined this forum last night and read this post. My satellite worked fine direct wired to my direct tv SWM box then to the genie receiver. I pulled the outside plug out, had to cut the silicone and the receptacle that the cable was in behind the tv. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1443644935.321137.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	90350

That was what I found behind the tv, the blank plug is where the satellite (Orange wire) should have been connected but it was connected to my cable/power digital tv plug. I unhooke it, hooked it onto the blank that should have been the satellite. The outside of the trailer was labeled wrong, the gray cable was hooked to the one labeled satellite and orange to the one labeled park cable. So I just switched the labels, now all is working fine. Cannot believe any new trailer would be wired wrong yet I see that most of them are. So camper manufactures, this is a very simple fix just train your people!
Justice191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:35 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice191 View Post
That was what I found behind the tv, the blank plug is where the satellite (Orange wire) should have been connected but it was connected to my cable/power digital tv plug. I unhooke it, hooked it onto the blank that should have been the satellite. The outside of the trailer was labeled wrong, the gray cable was hooked to the one labeled satellite and orange to the one labeled park cable. So I just switched the labels, now all is working fine. Cannot believe any new trailer would be wired wrong yet I see that most of them are. So camper manufactures, this is a very simple fix just train your people!
Notice the cable termination (ends), that "so called" crimp is useless. Mine just pulled out with ease.

I am glad you found your problem, and hope this helps others as they venture into troubleshooting coaxial connections

Tags
sabre 33ckts, satellite