Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #41
Site Team

Please everyone, I ask that we all take a step back and rest a little bit.

Let's remember we're friends here.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
You don't even have a sabre so what dog do you have in this fight?

I believe if the the poster that commented wants to hash it out with sam let him.

Otherwise worry about your own issues.

TURBS
Sabre owners united!

Sam posted his response for everyone to see. It is now community dialog. I commended Sam for doing his best and it should be acknowledged by everyone that it was then out of his hands. Being just a Sabre owner.... it is just a line of being a Forest River owner and on how warranties and quality issues sometimes come to the forefront does effect all FR owners. The company knows this.

Sam has gone out of his way in setting up surveys of what owners would like to see on/ about/ and what changes for future units of 'Sabre'. 'Sabre' owners are just a small percentage compared to the national amount and styles of camper and camping people. Those same surveys are most likely used to see what may be done to every FR brand and style. Trends will start and ripple through in any industry. Good trends and bad trends. FR wants to be in the forefront of good trends and by pass or remove those trends that are not good.

Blessings to you

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #43
Oklahoma Proud

Sam,
Thank you for all that you do for us. We are a lucky bunch as most lines don't have a factory rep to convers with.
Please don't let the disparaging comments of the FEW, overwhelm the support that we, the VAST MAJORITY of us have, and GREATLY APPRECIATE!!!!
THANKS SO MUCH!!!

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Sam,
Thank you for all that you do for us. We are a lucky bunch as most lines don't have a factory rep to convers with.
Please don't let the disparaging comments of the FEW, overwhelm the support that we, the VAST MAJORITY of us have, and GREATLY APPRECIATE!!!!
THANKS SO MUCH!!!

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
X2
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:39 PM   #45

You have a nice looking tractor there, MillerTime.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #46

Sabre Sam, as I recall, without looking over the email correspondence we had, there was a promise of dealers in my area that could make repairs that I never received, an email I sent you didn't see, and I then got the reply after a reminder, you said you couldn't help, I need to call someone at F R. Well I consider that no "Help There" in my book. If you feel you did anything that assisted with this issue that I missed, I'll be happy to listen. Remember, it was my idea to use screw jacks to support and lift the flooring to the original position.

The jacks work well supporting the flooring when were not traveling, which means we will not spent the money to fix the floor at the current labor rates I have been quoted by RV repair shops I did contact, most wouldn't attempt the job. The Jacks cost us about $60 and I had the 4 x 4.

Now I'm looking at a roof deck that is BOWING-UP, WARPING under the rubber roofing material and wondering how and why this would happen, how bad it will get, then what I can do to to fix it the problem. Was this poor design or poor quality material. I Fault Palomino/Sabre and others need to know. This issue should never have happened.

We feel anyone that is considering a purchase of any product, foreign or domestic, spending this much money, a look forward at possible problems would be good to know, regardless of who markets it. All buyer needs to have the ability to read or gain access to all the Pro's and Con's, Love/Hate mail about a product their thinking about buying. Because our correspondence was by private email, I assume no one has access or would be able to read about the major problems we experienced with our 2009 Sabre 28RETS, and if it were another manufacturer, I'd do the same. (not 5 years old yet and kept under cover when not used)

You could say I'm Not A Happy Camper (P O'd to be honest). If there were a STAR RATING SYSTEM I'd have to give this RV a 2 or 3 and explain because the appliances are still working and wheels haven't fallen off. As to the roof decking and flooring, that's starting to talk back when walked across, it goes without saying something not right and questionable. I could go on and on but I think you get my anger. I know it's now my problem to deal with, not Palomino/Sabre and accept the fact that help an't coming, but others need to know.

Like I said in the post, Regretfully I write; I'm capable of changing a bulb or installing air filters on the AC and Heater inlets along with fixing many other minor problems, but when it comes to replacing roof decks or sinking slide flooring, I'll have to Jerry-Rig it and get on down the road.
cruisinhwy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:12 PM   #47
Are we there yet.......

If I may add a few words here as a SABRE owner. Wink wink... For all those that are expecting perfection in all they buy in life are setting there selfs up for disappointment. What they seem to be leaving out of the rants is in the backs of there mind they really know what may of caused the troubles they have just don't want that side getting out. Can't make someone or something look bad that way. Hummmm. Even the $1.5 million rigs have faults. If not why a onboard diagnostics system that tells the troubles and sends that info to the mother ship. Lol.

Sabre strong and love my 5er (troubles and all)
Pbalmer65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sabre