Old 08-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #191
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbalmer65 View Post
One of many upgrades done to the beast.... Speaker upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sweet!

Old 08-06-2014, 08:38 PM   #192

What kind are they? And how did you seal them? Looking to do the same. Looks good

Old 08-06-2014, 08:58 PM   #193
Site Team

Slide stuck halfway in at home.

Sitting at the dealership for repairs after we had to dismantle the slide gearing to get the slide in.

asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:26 PM   #194
Are we there yet.......

I found the spacers on the Internet for $34 to the door. Speakers are BOSS marine and they were $24 on amazon to the door. When I removed the old speakers I fill hole with dyna mat to reduce the noise in trailer. To seal them I used clear silicone on both speaker and spacer.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:00 AM   #195

Only picture we got of our campsite last weekend in Meramec State Park in Missouri. Beautiful place, and the spot we had took some serious maneuvering to get in and out of (trees all around) but I still managed (even in the dark pulling in no less!)

My girls in the photo behind the tree were trying to sneak up on me and my wife took the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1407387637640.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	59869  
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:03 AM   #196
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
Only picture we got of our campsite last weekend in Meramec State Park in Missouri. Beautiful place, and the spot we had took some serious maneuvering to get in and out of (trees all around) but I still managed (even in the dark pulling in no less!)

My girls in the photo behind the tree were trying to sneak up on me and my wife took the picture.
Beautiful pic
Old 08-08-2014, 02:10 AM   #197
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Very nice qccowboy!

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
Old 08-08-2014, 09:12 AM   #198
Fulltime family RVer

Love the story behind the pic.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:14 AM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Love the story behind the pic.
I normally wouldn't admit this but that is only part of the story! The rest of the story goes like this....

A guy and his family were headed on a 5 hour trip, they made it within 3 miles of their destination without filling up with diesel. The idiot gauge told him 35 miles till empty and with just 3 miles left and a flying J right at their exit he figured he was good until morning.

When he gets to the campground he has to drive almost 2 miles "mostly up some steep hills" to get to his site. Than spends 25 minutes maneuvering into the site in the dark. By this time his gauge tells him 6 miles to empty. He's tired, frustrated, and in need of a drink.

He has a drink (or more) after setting up and makes friends with the tent campers next to him and the guy across from him. In the morning he goes to his truck and checks the gauge in desperate hope that something magical happened overnight. To no avail he is now reading 3 miles to empty and the needle actually doesn't barely register.

Because he doesn't want to run out of fuel and risk a fuel filter and possibly injectors and HPFP change he asks his new friends for a ride into town to get a portable tank and some fuel. They kindly give him a lift. His other option was hoofing it or riding his wife's bike.

Upon returning he goes to the camper and his wife and kids are not there and have locked it up. He goes to work filling the tank with 5 gallons of diesel. What he doesn't know is that his girls see him and decide to sneak up on him (hence the picture).

2 morals to this story....

1 - when you wife says you should stop for diesel and you don't because you want to get to your destination before dark, listen to her. It won't matter, it'll be dark when you get there anyway.

2 - make friends with your neighboring campers (tent campers included). You never know when you will need their help!
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #200

^ love a story with a happy ending.