Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2018, 08:16 PM   #21
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Happy Trails to you, too!
I'll buy your supper if I ever see you at Ladonna's Grill.
Wow!! Surprised you have heard of that place let alone been there. We live about 9 miles just north of there. My wife and her family are all from Meeker.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:23 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Wow!! Surprised you have heard of that place let alone been there. We live about 9 miles just north of there. My wife and her family are all from Meeker.
We talked about our connection up there a few years ago when you posted a pic of the gas prices at the gas station in the NW quadrant of the intersection of I-40 and Harrison (Hwy 18). Our daughter, husband and two boys live south of that intersection near a golf course east of Bryan and N of Independence.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:29 PM   #23
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Sad to see you go, Luke! Have fun with the boat!
Thanks!
Honestly, i finally got "sick and tired of being sick and tired" and had a Dave Ramsey "I've had it" moment.
I've been trying to get out of debt over the past 24 months, and tried to cash flow it. I payed it down some in 20 months, but realized something had to give. So....we sold the Denali 3500hd, the camper and payed off momma's tahoe just since mid Dec. I've got it down to just a little on the boat now and we're done. Im finally starting to see the end of tunnel!
We should be able to finish all that this year. Probably could have had it all knocked out sooner, but we bought some more land and i had to buy another truck, but a much cheaper one, but just did cash for all that.
Just trying to "change the family tree", and hopefully i can get the kids trained to be winners with money!

Ps. We've had boats for years, just planning towards the future
Old 02-21-2018, 08:31 PM   #24
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
We talked about our connection up there a few years ago when you posted a pic of the gas prices at the gas station in the NW quadrant of the intersection of I-40 and Harrison (Hwy 18). Our daughter, husband and two boys live south of that intersection near a golf course east of Bryan and N of Independence.
I remember that! Its still shocking sometimes how small our world is now!
Old 02-21-2018, 08:50 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Well guys, we delivered our Sabre to its new owners last Saturday.
Did a thorough pdi and tried to show them all the operations and mods. They said they would probably be calling me to answer more questions.

Its been fun, but im glad the camper chapter of our life is over.
We may try again in 20 years or so with a class a or super c to tow our boats if we end up going to more poker runs and we see a value in having another one.
We averaged about 50 something nights a year in our sabre over the past 4 years, so we definitely used it more than most people. But our cost was about the same as staying in cabins and hotels, untill you figure in repairs, mods, insurance and all.
Luckily we got a good price out of it, so that helped too!
Its been fun, but i probably wont get on here much anymore.
Happy trails all!
Luke
I can only imagine what RVs will look like in 20 years!!
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sabre