Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2016, 09:02 AM   #1

Warranty Question

We are looking to buy a Sabre 360QB in Alabama and having it shipped to Virginia. (currently looking for a shipper)
For warranty issues, do we use any FR dealer? When I look at FR dealers in the area they show a couple in NC being the closet yet I can see new Forest Rivers listed on other dealers websites in the area.
Adow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:11 AM   #2

I would recommend you first check with any of the dealers/repair facilities in your area to see if in fact they will work/honor the warranty on a rig you didn't buy from them.
Just because its a FR product, and they might be a FR dealer, dosen't mean they'll "jump right on it" if you have a problem.
Well known problems with dealers trying to get out of working on a rig that they didn't sell.
Camping World is one of the worst offenders in this type of situation, so be very prudent in your search for a dealer who'll welcome you.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:16 AM   #3
Site Team

Many ( OK maybe most) FR dealers will not service a unit not purchased from them. The RV business is not like the auto industry. Not trying to upset the cart, but just want to make sure you are aware of the landscape before you venture out. If you do not buy local (nothing wrong with it) just be aware that you may not get local warranty repairs. If the deal is good enough, you may save nought to cover out of packet repairs.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 09:30 AM   #4

Where in Va are you located? Reason I ask, I'm also in Va, Staunton area.
There are only 2 Camping World's in Va, Winchester and Roanoke, and neither one has a "stellar reputation". Personally, I wouldn't trust either one to change a light bulb in my Lexi.
It will help if your a "do it yourselfer" who can repair items that might be a warranty item, but are really a simple fix.
With a brand new rig, you're almost sure to have some problems from the git-go. If minor, fix em yourself. Major problems will almost have to be fixed by a dealer under warranty, so make double-double sure that you find a dealer willing to work with you.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty