Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2018, 11:56 AM   #1

Waterless 5th wheel wash and wax

I have a Sabre 31BHT I am currently staying in a campground where they don't allow you to wash your RV. I know there are products out there that are spraybottle waterless wash and wax just not sure which one is best/best for the value. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Nate the Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:36 PM   #2

I've used waterless wash/wax on my motorcycle and car in the past. Good for light cleaning (dust and waterspots) but not for deep cleaning. I can't speak to the wax aspect as I always wax over it. As far as washing, perhaps the park doesn't allow hose washing, but perhaps a rag and bucket. I went to Lowes and bought some window washing supplies (extension pole, squeegees, cleaning head and drying heads. Maybe $75 total. I just use a bucket and clean water, doing 10 feet or so a day, maybe 15-30 minutes. Always looks good and minimal time on the ladder.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
I've used waterless wash/wax on my motorcycle and car in the past. Good for light cleaning (dust and waterspots) but not for deep cleaning. I can't speak to the wax aspect as I always wax over it. As far as washing, perhaps the park doesn't allow hose washing, but perhaps a rag and bucket. I went to Lowes and bought some window washing supplies (extension pole, squeegees, cleaning head and drying heads. Maybe $75 total. I just use a bucket and clean water, doing 10 feet or so a day, maybe 15-30 minutes. Always looks good and minimal time on the ladder.
Rusty
Yes the park does allow bucket wash I'll have to make a run to my local hardware store and look what I can find. That's perfect don't like spending much time at heights. Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:08 PM   #4

Aero Cosmetics Wet or Waterless Car Wash Wax Kit 144 Ounces. Aircraft Quality for Your Car, RV, Boat, Motorcycle. The Best Wash Wax. Anywhere, Anytime, Home, Office, School, Garage, Parking Lots.

I did my whole 40' 5er with about a quart of this product this past summer and just did my TV with it as well. We are not allowed to wash our vehicles at the RV park here in Texas. Looks great and easy to use. Wax doesn't last as long as a good past wax, etc. but is a lot faster and easier. I did use Nu Finish Liquid Car Polish for the front cap for more durable protection.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Ranger View Post
Aero Cosmetics Wet or Waterless Car Wash Wax Kit 144 Ounces. Aircraft Quality for Your Car, RV, Boat, Motorcycle. The Best Wash Wax. Anywhere, Anytime, Home, Office, School, Garage, Parking Lots.

I did my whole 40' 5er with about a quart of this product this past summer and just did my TV with it as well. We are not allowed to wash our vehicles at the RV park here in Texas. Looks great and easy to use. Wax doesn't last as long as a good past wax, etc. but is a lot faster and easier. I did use Nu Finish Liquid Car Polish for the front cap for more durable protection.
I'll look into that product thanks. This is my first wash on my 5er. Only owed it for 3 months but I live in Washington state and we get alot of rain and mud puddles so I'm just trying not to let the mud/dirt/black streaks stick on for to long.I am also nervous in taking it to a Carwash bay due to height of the roof and nasty brush bristles.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:42 PM   #6

X2 on the Aero Wash. The applicator, wax and entire product is topnotch and ver easy to work with.
Brewster McFrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:11 PM   #7
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Waterless wash/wax products work well... BUT... you have to start with a somewhat clean vehicle. If you are in an area with dust but not much road grime, they do a good job of cleaning as you wipe.

We live in an area that gets LOTS of road grime. Coal dirt, mud, salt can coat our vehicles in as little as a few miles, especially on wet, rainy days. We have to give our vehicles a bath before using a waterless product otherwise the rag/mop becomes full of grime (in one wipe) and can really scratch things up. If you can do a bucket wash first, you should be good.

With that said... I recently (most all of this past summer) have been using Areo Cosmetic's Wash Wax All. It is a great product that goes on easily and keeps things nice between washes.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Ranger View Post

I just received my kit from them yesterday. I have been using their w/w protects for over a year now and love it.
Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:59 PM   #9

I've used both Aero Waterless Wash Wax and Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere .
I think the Meguiar's does a marginally better job. I cleaned half of the back of my trailer with each (I ran out of the Aero). Started both with new clean cloths. Meguiar's cloth was a bit dirtier when I finished....

My view - both are good and do the job.
Aero is available mostly on-line - Amazon. Is less expensive especially if you order the gallon size.
Meguiars is carried at many stores or order for store pickup - Walmart, Auto Zone, Home Depot, etc.

BTW, I really like Aero's wash pole - setup to have a wet cloth on one side and dry on the other. It extends easily so I can do front and sides without getting on any kind of ladder.

Proper use of both is to first apply using a cloth dampened with the cleaner then dry and buff with another cloth...
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
I've used both Aero Waterless Wash Wax and Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere .
I think the Meguiar's does a marginally better job. I cleaned half of the back of my trailer with each (I ran out of the Aero). Started both with new clean cloths. Meguiar's cloth was a bit dirtier when I finished....

Aero is available mostly on-line - Amazon. Is less expensive especially if you order the gallon size.
Meguiars is carried at many stores or order for store pickup - Walmart, Auto Zone, Home Depot, etc.

BTW, I really like Aero's wash pole - setup to have a wet cloth on one side and dry on the other. It extends easily so I can do front and sides without getting on any kind of ladder.

Proper use of both is to first apply using a cloth dampened with the cleaner then dry and buff with another cloth...
Great I been searching online and alot of people have been using Meguiars Ultimate and I might have to pick up a few bottles at Walmart I'm sure they a little cheaper there.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:25 PM   #11

I have used a product called Dri Wash 'n Guard in my repair business and on my own vehicles. Very easy to use, we could do a small car like a Civic or Camry in about 15 to 20 minutes with very little effort and get a great result.

DRI WASH n GUARD Waterless Car Wash: The Original Dry Wash!
2004 Silverado 2500HD diesel
transmission_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:58 PM   #12
New to FR. Old to TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
Great I been searching online and alot of people have been using Meguiars Ultimate and I might have to pick up a few bottles at Walmart I'm sure they a little cheaper there.
most of the "detailer" type products by big name work well BUT YOU MUST KEEP changing your rags. I bought a couple of bags of micro fiber cloths and you must keep changing the wet ones as you clean off the dirt. then follow up with a clean dry to buff. I had to leave MI in snow and then drove all the way to bottom of IN. with salt spray. we kept up all the way to Key Largo FL and not a drop of rain the help clean the TT. took LOTS of rags and about a quart of cleaner/wax but looked like the right color again, not dull gray.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:23 AM   #13

I've been FT for 2 years now and I have used Wash Wax All and it works great!
jdkbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post

The pole is a "Sure Line" It is $26 on Amazon, I added up all the items in their biggest kit and it is lees if you buy it in the kit.
Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:52 PM   #15

I have used the Aero products as well on both the 5er and TV. Does a good job on light dirt. Better than nothing. I usually wash before using it as it's quick and gets rid of the black streaks.
dougschne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, water, wax, wheel