Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2015, 09:53 AM   #1

2012 Mercedes-Benz Warranty Service-Orlando, FL

I started doing some research today on the subject since I am almost at 20,000 miles on my 2013 Solera "S"/2012 Chassis and want to get the latest computer updates and service checks done, etc. Called the local Freightliner which is closer to my house and was told by the service manager there that they can no longer due Warranty Service on Mercedes-Benz Sprinters due to some dealer politics, even though Freightliner is owned by Daimler AG. Called the closest Mercedes-Benz dealership to my house to find they do not service Sprinter trucks-"GO FIGURE!" I hope I am out of state when my Sprinter hits 20,000 miles!!

CaptDan

CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:22 AM   #2

Hey, CaptDan ... Benz USA authorized Sprinter dealership ... in Tacoma WA refuses to accept Sprinter RV's for warranty service on brake systems because "we do not have the lift capability" ... surely they've heard of using a jack? Have to wonder about the process Benz USA uses to authorize dealerships to sell Sprinters.
MiataHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:16 PM   #3

FYI, there is a MB dealer in Jacksonville Florida that services Sprinters; Freightliner in Jax will not.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:34 PM   #4

There is only one authorized MBS dealer in the entire state of MN - other MB dealers say they are not authorized to work in Sprinters. One said it is working on certification. The one certified is NOT in the Twin Cities! Our RV dealer says there is another local company that will service them but I have to call them and see if they are factory authorized for warranty and preventive (warranty conditions) service. Fingers crossed.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Old 11-17-2015, 05:37 PM   #5

Did you try Freightliner? They often service MBS.
CharSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:43 PM   #6

OK yes it's I-State in Blaine, MN and they verified they are MB authorized even though not listed on the MB web site. And since it's a truck center the size doesn't concern them at all. (They said since it's chassis work they rarely have to put them on a lift.) 😃

PS: Also Inver Grove Heights MN and some other Iowa, SD and Montana locations. I don't know if the non-MN ones handle MB but worth asking if near you.

http://www.istatetruck.com/

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Old 11-17-2015, 10:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharSolera View Post
Did you try Freightliner? They often service MBS.
I'll check them out next. Thanks!
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, service, warranty