Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2019, 02:15 PM   #1
Jdk

2016 2401 ws electrical issue

We are in our shakedown cruise in our new to us Motorhome. Fixing lunch and I started the generator. I didn’t shut down the ac before starting the microwave. Of course I blew a fuse or tripped a breaker. None of the breakers above the refrigerator are thrown. We are about 50 miles from stopping so haven’t started looking yet. My question is , is there another breaker box? And fuses are to the left side bottom of drivers seat, under dash divers seat and under driver seat itself? Anyplace else? (Thank you to this forum because when we blew a fuse hooking up tow car and brake buddy I knew to look under drivers seat, under red cap marked 15 amp and we didn’t have to remove the seat.)👍 thank you in advance.
Jdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #2

There is a breaker on your generator, if it’s like mine. You have to open the generator to find it
lwalkplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 02:52 PM   #3

Just a bit of info -
Fuses are used for DC circuits, circuit breakers are used for AC circuits.

Both the microwave and air conditioner use AC power.

I would have thought the generator would have just indicated "overload" and shut down. As the previous poster mentioned, check the breaker on the generator, as well as the breakers on the panel. The generator breaker is the most likely culprit since it's doubtful you tripped either the microwave or A/C breaker.
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 08:05 PM   #4

I had a similar situation last month. I tripped the circuit breaker on the generator. I missed it the first two times I looked for it. On my when looking at the generator with the door open, it is kinda hidden behind some stuff in the middle near the carburetor. Hope this helps.
gmccullers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:45 PM   #5

Hopefully, you have found the breaker by now but if not, the Onan Manual will show you where the breaker is on the generator. If it is an Onan 4000 like mine, it is on the SIDE of the generator control panel but as mentioned earlier, it is kinda hidden. See attached .pdf file.
Jim-LP240FS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical