Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2015, 05:53 PM   #1

2016 2401W MBS Questions

First, thank you all for providing such valuable information that answered soooo many of our questions. Retirement is upon us and we are about to purchase our first motorhome (have rented literally dozens over the years); a Forest River Forester 2016 2401W and after speaking with several dealers and reading all I could find on this great forum site, we have a few questions we would appreciate additional information on from members.

1. 2 adults, living in the motorhome and traveling the country: how long (number of days, on average will the LP gas provide for the generator (A/C, misc power), stove, and fridge without the benefit of any 'hookups' (dry camping?). Our first planned 12 day 'off the grid trip' will have days in the higher 80's to low 90's and nights generally high 50's to high 60's....but we will be out and about a good bit of time

2. Related to #1; I have read on this site about connecting an additional LP (BBQ size/style) tank. Can this be 'installed permanently' and if so, where?

3. Anyone have direct experience in warm weather with the 13.5K BTU A/C and/or the 15K BTU A/C with Heat Pump unit? Although we will be in campgrounds from time to time...our desire is to not be....and thus self contained.

4. Does anyone know the month that the 2401W switched from a 2015 model year to a 2016 model year?

5. Does the coach serial number mean anything (understand the chassis VIN number).... such as year, month...options...etc?
Beach Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:51 AM   #2

You might consider posting something in the "Solera" sub forum. I'm new here too and from what I've noticed it is more active with regard to the MBS chassis which has been made under the name Forester, Solera and Sunseeker. I myself have a 2016 Forester MBS 2401s on order, so I can't exactly answer your questions directly, just a suggestion where you might receive some information sooner. Cheers!