Old 03-08-2016, 02:49 PM   #1

2016 2401w Sound System questions

My W has the new separate Jensen system in the coach and I'm still trying to figure it all out since the instruction manuals are so descriptive, haha.

First question, is the chassis sound completely separate from the coach system? The kids can't hear the music we have up front too well so I'm hoping I can just turn the speakers on in the back to the same as we're listening to up front (Pandora for example). I've tried all the speaker combinations in the coach and chassis Jensen systems but haven't gotten anywhere.

Second question, the lowest drawer under the wardrobe was hanging up on something and not opening without a good hard pull, come to find out there's a subwoofer under there...surprise surprise. Anyways, I can't get any sound to come out of that subwoofer, I've tried the radio, CD, DVD and nothing seems to get that sub to make any noise. I looked at all the settings in the Jensen coach radio to see if there's an "on/off" for the subwoofer but nothing. Anyone know if there's a setting I need to change in order to use it? Not sure I really need the bass a sub provides and I'm considering just pulling it out due to it's weight and drain on the battery when dry camping.

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-08-2016, 04:04 PM   #2

Some subwoofers have a switch on them.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:51 PM   #3

The subwoofer is speaker "C" button on the Jenson JWM6A. Never tried to get sound in the back from the dash but you could just use the bluetooth on the coach (JWM6A) for Pandora, iPod, etc. Button "A" is the inside speaker and button "B" is the outside. It can also be controlled via app on smartphone.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:25 PM   #4

Santos1060
Where did they locate the Jensen stereo in the coach. Thinking some day to make it a project. I assume your in dash does not power the rear surround sound speakers like mine does.
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 12:59 AM   #5

Mine is in the cabinet face above the door. Next to it is a cubby for satellite receiver
Old 03-11-2016, 12:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmbs View Post
Santos1060
Where did they locate the Jensen stereo in the coach. Thinking some day to make it a project. I assume your in dash does not power the rear surround sound speakers like mine does.
Yes, mine is in a cabinet above the door to the coach.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:51 PM   #7

The cab radio is completely separate from the coach radio. A much welcomed change. As stated above speaker C on your coach radio is the subwoofer.

2016 Forester GTS 2801QSF
Old 03-11-2016, 05:16 PM   #8

Thanks guys for your responses. Looks like I've got another item to add to the list of things that need to be fixed as the "C" button isn't turning the subwoofer on/off.

Josh, if you have any suggestions on troubleshooting I can do on my end I'm all ears. It's fairly easy to get to once the drawers are pulled out. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2016, 05:30 PM   #9

These sound systems are WAAAAYYY behind technology wise. It seems they have retrofitted some to increase features but overall they are far behind even the average car system. I don't know why there isn't a company that hasn't taken advantage of the void? I personally have had to create a wiring nightmare using my Genesis, TV and laptop to streamline use and take advantage of simple features.

Maybe some day they will catch up but by then the rest of the world will have moved on to the next thing.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:08 PM   #10

Try the rca plugs on the back of the Jensen unit that should feed the amp. I have a 2016 w and the c button turns my sub off and on too.

Note that when it is on I have noticed you have to put the bass way down or it is out of balance and vibrates everything. I have not found the external amp I suspect it could be inside the speaker enclosure under the drawer as many wires are going into it.

2016 Sunseeker W MBS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums