Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2015, 04:20 PM   #1

2016 Forester 2401W MBS

Hi, we just picked up our Forester 2401W MBS from DeMartini RV in Grass Valley California and I know there have been a lot of questions on dimensions, etc. people have had.

If you have any questions that you need answered please just post them. I don't know if we can answer technical questions but layout and sizes we can definitely do.

We love this motorhome. We love how it drives, we love the size, we love the space inside, etc. It's not perfect but it's a give and take, to have a shorter motorhome with diesel we were willing to give up a few things, like accepting a corner bathroom etc.
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 04:45 PM   #2

I also ordered my Forester from DeMartini. Tim and Nate are awesome people to deal with.
2005 37ft Monaco Knight (lemon Lawed)
2008 40ft Monaco Diplomat (too big)
2016 Forester 3011 (ordered June 8th - Born Aug 6) IT'S HERE
vwexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 05:01 PM   #3

Yes they are! We flew in from Washington state and a salesman picked us up at the airport in Sacramento. It was a great buying experience.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:48 PM   #4

I like hearing these testimonials of DeMartini RV. I have a 2016 Forester MBS 2401s on order with them. So far my experience has been superb.

How was your PDI process? Any issues that had to be resolved?

I'll be flying in from Oregon and in reading these forums I've learned that buying a RV is like buying a house and a car. And while it certainly seems Forest River's quality is superior, nothing's perfect. I suppose I might make a contingency plan to spend the night in the event there's something with the coach that needs to be taken care of.

Anyway, any insight regarding your experience would be most helpful.

Cheers
dukeboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:12 AM   #5

I purchased a new 2005 Monaco Knight from DeMartini in 2005. It was built wrong and the side wall kept cracking and front cab area shifted so bad the windshield would slide over and leave a gap for air to come in while driving. After numerous attempts to repair this issue (not by DeMartini), I had to file a "lemon law" case against Monaco. Since DeMartini was the selling dealer they were also on the complaint. Tim and Nate were very gracious during this rough time. We settled before court and my new Monaco was awesome and I had no issues with it (other than being too big). So when we decided to downsize back to a class C. I called Tim, he quoted me a great deal on a 3011 in stock. I replied I wanted to S/O one with all the bells and whistles. Nate responded with even a better deal. We went up there to test drive one in stock to verify I wanted this unit. There were no hard feelings and my wife and I were treated almost like royalty. Before I traveled up to DeMartini's (2 hours away), I went to a local Dealer that sells Sunseekers and the salesman was lazy - rarely left his golf cart - couldn't answer any of my questions. I left before even asking for a road test.
Like I said, Tim and Nate are the best.
Jim
2005 37ft Monaco Knight (lemon Lawed)
2008 40ft Monaco Diplomat (too big)
2016 Forester 3011 (ordered June 8th - Born Aug 6) IT'S HERE
vwexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:50 AM   #6

The day we picked up our 2401R, we spent two nights in the "campground" our dealer in Florida (Alliance Coach, Wildwood) has set up adjacent to their dealership. Any issues and/or questions were dealt with quickly. We traipsed around during the day and left the motorhome with them.
We are currently half-way through a 2-1/2 month trip around the country in our MH, and we can report that we have not had one single issue!! We are arranging to get the tires rotated and the oil changed while we are in the Spokane area visiting relatives!
We are HAPPY CAMPERS!!!
Be safe, all!

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
FIVE2MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:18 PM   #7

Demartini

We had no issues. They knew we needed to get on the road but gave us plenty of time with them, alone in the MH to play with and try things, asked us if we wanted to borrow an auto to go for lunch before we hit the road and made sure we felt completely comfortable with it all. We weren't rushed nor were we neglected. So far no issues.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfritts View Post
We had no issues. They knew we needed to get on the road but gave us plenty of time with them, alone in the MH to play with and try things, asked us if we wanted to borrow an auto to go for lunch before we hit the road and made sure we felt completely comfortable with it all. We weren't rushed nor were we neglected. So far no issues.
That's great! May the miles ahead be happy and safe!

2015 Forester MBS 2401R
No Toad
FIVE2MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfritts View Post
That's great! Thank you for the added detail. Cheers!
dukeboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 02:48 PM   #10

We currently have the Solera 24S and my husband would like to upgrade to the new 2401W, but from what I can see there is far less storage and you loose the fantastic pantry to shelves.
The over bed and over dinette storage is also gone.
Has anyone noticed the difference?
janisinbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:57 PM   #11

Can you post pics? Did you get it without the top bunk?
Xhevoice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester