Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2017, 09:33 AM   #81

I think the days of quality built are over. A few products are good, but most are designed to fail. Until we don't buy anything, I don't think it will change. Bottom line is How much can a CO make!
Old 01-06-2017, 12:03 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
Note the recall letter posted by MNTraveller here:
https://dealers.forestriverinc.com/d...lerCentral.pdf
The last few pages of this letter includes a complete list of all of the VINs involved. I suspect you'll find your VIN number listed and that a complete printout of that notice would be sufficient to convince your dealer.

That being said, I don't think I'd venture a long way without first consulting with the dealer service department.

Dave
I found my VIN on page 32. The issue isn't that the PDF does indeed include my VIN number, the issues is the fact that Forest River is legally bound to comply with the NHTSA by sending Recall notices once a solution has been created, tested, and parts become available. They are also legally bound to notify the NHTSA that they have indeed done those things. The document Dated November 21, 2016 does not indicate that any official recall notices have been sent out as of yet.

I did an internet search for the replacement controller
HOPKINS 46370 ENDURANCE POWER CONVERTER MODULE and was unable to procure one yet otherwise I would do the repair myself. When doing a search for the part on the Hopkins site I am told to contact my local retailer for availability.

Others here have stated that they have purchased RV's with the new parts already installed. I would wager that most of the available units have already been purchased by Forest River for new production, thus there being no retail product available.

My RV is currently covered and in storage and I have no intentions of taking it to an Authorized Forest River Warranty Center until spring. If I can acquire the proper parts, I do the repair myself, otherwise it will go to a local service center that does Sunseeker warranty work.

BTW, I refuse to have any dealings with the Forest River dealership I purchased my RV from and I wouldn't put it past them to have already invoiced Forest River for having corrected this Recall on my vehicle.
Sunseeker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:52 PM   #83

I have a little more faith in my dealer than you, but for sure we have not received any official recall notice for the Curt controller issue. Mine malfunctioned on our first trip out last Spring... driving through Arkansas and Texas in heavy rain, all the running lights went on and off when ever they felt like it, while the vehicle was parked with the ignition off. Reading about the issue on this forum, I wrapped the area with HD plastic storage bags and copious Gorilla Tape, and have had no further problems. We took the RV back to the dealer, who said they had seen this problem in other units. But, since it was working, they did not do anything with it. But at least my issue is in this service record. I will call them about the recall.

Bob & Cynthia
2017 SunSeeker MBS 2400W
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 01-09-2017, 07:37 AM   #84

Received Official Recall Notice Saturday

I received the official recall notice in Saturdays mail. It is dated /December 30 so you should receive yours soon.

FYI The envelope contained only Page 1/2 of the Dealers copy that can be found in the following link. It is probably a good idea to take a copy of the parts list and installation procedure contained there with you when you visit your local Forest River Dealership.

https://dealers.forestriverinc.com/d...lerCentral.pdf
Sunseeker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:49 PM   #85

I received mine in the mail today. Page 2 of 2 is on the other side of page 1. Made my appointment on the 25th AFTER I get back from a riding trip. Gives me more time to get any problems they produce during repair fixed. Yes I have no confidence...
Old 01-10-2017, 01:00 AM   #86

I received mine in the mail today. Our dealer had not heard of it yet (at least the guy I spoke with) so I emailed them the details from the FR site link.

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Nights camped 2016: 32; RV to date: 35
Old 01-10-2017, 02:36 PM   #87

I've received recall mail today which also dated December 30th.
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, led, light, brakes