Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2015, 10:43 AM   #1

2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400R Warranty Issues List

I thought I'd share the list of problems that I expect will be covered under warranty during my next dealership visit. It seems there is very little quality control during the assembly of these units (no secret here) and also very little attention to detail during the dealer prep process. Has anyone else seen these problems?

- Generator panel says “Short Circuit” when AC compressor starts. I have the diesel generator. It runs fine otherwise.
- 12v charging plug over sofa is loose
- Plug inside cabinet above entry is loose
- Fantastic fan in bedroom makes noise
- Radio remote does not work
- Camera remote does not work
- Water pump has no pressure suddenly. Worked fine for months. Faucet screens are not clogged. Good pressure on city water so nothing else seems clogged.
- Outside storage door latches
- One slam latch behind entry door was stuck and Hamilton’s RV had to drill it out - replacement supposedly ordered
- Slam latch on door that leads to winterization stuff sticks - must push up hard to open
- All locks tricky
- Stove top closure doesn’t latch properly
- Mirror in toilet/shower room is loose and rattles
- Tank heaters
- Black and grey have come loose around edges. Had to put tape on to keep them from flying off while driving. Need to be removed and reapplied properly.
- None on fresh tank?

This list follows 3500 miles of travel and I hope it doesn't continue to grow!
ericlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:30 AM   #2
Class C Representative

- Could you tighten the plugs by tightening the screws?
-What kind of noise does the fantastic fan make?
-What remotes are you talking about? We don't have any remotes for our Cameras and unless something changed we don' have one for the radio either.
-Do you have the radio over the door?
-Is the stove top rattling while you go down the road?

-Josh
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:36 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
What remotes are you talking about? We don't have any remotes for our Cameras and unless something changed we don' have one for the radio either.
Josh,

I have a small 3 button remote that allows me to turn on my rear camera. And I have a remote for my Jensen radio as well.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:43 AM   #4
Class C Representative

I stand corrected on the Camera. Does it work? I've only known about the buttons on the monitor.

As for the radio we have a new set up with a radio above the door. If this is Eric's set up there is a smart phone app top use in place of the remote.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:09 AM   #5

- The screws over the couch are stripped out. The screws above the cabinet pulled out because there was too much wire behind them.

- The fan buzzes loudly. You can smack it and it will stop for a while but then start up again.

- My coach came with a remote for the in-dash stereo as well as a small remote for the rear view camera screen. These are not to be confused with the remote for the bedroom TV and the remote for the larger TV in the front of the coach. The TV remotes work fine. Neither of the other two work even with new batteries.

- No radio over the door.

- The metal stove top rattles because it does not latch down properly.

Quote:
-Could you tighten the plugs by tightening the screws?
-What kind of noise does the fantastic fan make?
-What remotes are you talking about? We don't have any remotes for our Cameras and unless something changed we don' have one for the radio either.
-Do you have the radio over the door?
-Is the stove top rattling while you go down the road?

-Josh
Old 09-14-2015, 01:13 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
I stand corrected on the Camera. Does it work? I've only known about the buttons on the monitor.
Yes, I can turn the camera on and off with it while driving. Not that I see much, I really need to adjust the camera's view!
Old 09-14-2015, 01:29 PM   #7

My 2014 had the loose charger in back, sticky locks on outdoor compartments, stripped cabinet screws, stripped battery cover screw( unable to get to the cab battery),exposed staples on floor and deadbolt sticking/locking out.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:54 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Good possibility that the Jensen remote does not work because the batteries are installed incorrectly.

See this post.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ere-61591.html

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:28 PM   #9

Eeee my camper friend,
I have lot more issues with my Prism 24G.
My advice to you: do not allow them to extend time, to warranty end time, they want to put you in position to say
I have enough and I will fix all by my
self.
If you realize that things going that way, call some Lemon Law attorney and talk to them.
Before all take a photo of every thing what you think that's wrong ....
good luck
Prism 24G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 08:38 PM   #10
Class C Representative

Never do we intentionally hold out until your warranty ends. I can't speak for Coachmen but our service division is top notch.
For example today we retail customer X showed up unannounced and unscheduled with a tail light issue. We dropped what we were doing and pulled two guys from the line to make sure the issue was fixed correctly. No questions asked.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 09-14-2015, 09:21 PM   #11

Hi Joshua,
I'm talking from my experience and
I would like to have different one.
I know, that you are defending FR and
that's good thing, but look my thing from yesterday only, plug shore water, fill FWT, turn on water pump ( working ) faucet in kitchen sink closed, open faucet, no water, open lower drawer at kitchen, open three pull up valves for drain FWT, water goes out, closed drain valves, water pump stop working, open faucet, pump working and water goes out, we are happy, after check all other, all works.
Later on ( few hours ) around midnight find out water on the flor, WF, check out, bathroom sink leak, two sewer pipe nuts are did not tightened enough and water leak out.
PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT QUITY WORKSMANSHIP .....
Our Prism have more than 100 warranty issues, who will fix that, we try, really tray all but w/o minimum satisfaction ....
Enough is enough, em I right, after 10 month after purchase .....
Prism 24G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 12:56 AM   #12

Not in Ca.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:01 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlvr View Post
Not in Ca.
I meant to FR, nobody gets on it immeduatiy- come back in 2-3 wks. Or more.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:13 PM   #14
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism 24G View Post
Hi Joshua,
that's good thing, but look my thing from yesterday only, plug shore water, fill FWT, turn on water pump ( working ) faucet in kitchen sink closed, open faucet, no water, open lower drawer at kitchen, open three pull up valves for drain FWT, water goes out, closed drain valves, water pump stop working, open faucet, pump working and water goes out, we are happy, after check all other, all works.
Later on ( few hours ) around midnight find out water on the flor, WF, check out, bathroom sink leak, two sewer pipe nuts are did not tightened enough and water leak out.
Our Prism have more than 100 warranty issues, who will fix that, we try, really tray all but w/o minimum satisfaction ....
Josh nor myself are trying to pass the buck here...but, this is a Forest River Class C forum....Specifically Sunseeker. The people that monitor this forum are Josh (who resides in the Class C Sunseeker building) and Me (formerly in the Class C building, right across the street from service and IN the main production facility and now at Dynamax). We do this as a service to our customers. It's not that we don't want to help...its just that we have no pull at that division. It would be akin to calling Saturn about a Chevy malibu problem.

As part of the new website design all Forest River divisions were instructed to have direct contacts for parts, service and sales.

My recommendation is (if they are not monitoring the forum) head over to the Coachmen website Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes

Shoot them an email with VIN or give them a call. That will put you in direct contact with the people that can help.

Sometimes it can be frustrating, but getting the proper person can make all the difference.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:34 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to Ang21
I have similar "QC" probems including the generator fill plug not put in and after 12 hrs on it I replaced "1" fullquart of oil. So far I have some of the same issues you du with the bigest one the tip out is about an inchout. It at the shop now for 4 different including rear lumination berning out,after instaling "New ones"
Ang21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:06 PM   #16

Just a follow-up:

My dealer got everything fixed after leaving it with them for 2 weeks during a period when we had no plans to travel. But when I got it home and tried to winterize, the winterization hose would not draw antifreeze into the pump. Called the dealer, and they mailed me a hose and fitting to attach directly to the pump. That worked, so the problem lies with a faulty winter/normal valve per the dealer. I'll get that fixed in the spring, as the dealership is 90 minutes away.

The exterior slam latches were all lubed and one was replaced. They are, however, still not perfect. A couple are always tight and require you to pull up on the door to get them to release. It think they are just a poorly designed latch that was chosen to save a few bucks. Considering how often I am in and out of these storage compartments I would have preferred to spend a few extra bucks on good quality latches. Maybe I can find aftermarket ones over time as these fail.

I should point out that Hamilton's RV in Saginaw Michigan has a very responsive service manager named Gordon. He seemed genuinely interested in getting everything fixed quickly. If you are in the area and considering service or a purchase you might want to stop in and look around.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:34 AM   #17

I think that most of the problems that arise are the fault of the dealer. We have a good one in eastern Wa . I had a few issues with our new sunseeker and they were taken care of right away. Dropped my off and picked it up the next day all fixed. Shure there are some things that are done at FR that are done wrong but concider how many units they turn out. Then they go off to the dealer who is supposed it check them out.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:24 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism 24G View Post
Hi Joshua,
Prism 24G- I feel your pain. I too have a Prism and had a substantial list of minor and major issues- (not one with the MBS). My list is not as long as yours though. My dealer has been excellent and both of us have been in contact with the Coachmen Team. Picked it up in July and finished using it in OCT. I left the thing with my dealer with the list and a commitment to get them all fixed and also look for more I did not see. They are almost done and have found a few things I did not see. Waiting on a couple of parts. Though I was "not pleased" (my sig other was fuming), I am confident every item will be taken care of. I hope.... Yes I was also disgusted by the issues. My dealer (2 hrs away) has been amazing. If you want to PM me I can share my list and compare notes.

2015 Coachmen Prism 24J MBS
USN-R '01-present
MarsMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker, warranty