Old 09-12-2015, 11:43 AM   #1

2016 Sunseeker MBS 2400R Warranty Issues List

I thought I'd share the list of problems that I expect will be covered under warranty during my next dealership visit. It seems there is very little quality control during the assembly of these units (no secret here) and also very little attention to detail during the dealer prep process. Has anyone else seen these problems?

- Generator panel says “Short Circuit” when AC compressor starts. I have the diesel generator. It runs fine otherwise.
- 12v charging plug over sofa is loose
- Plug inside cabinet above entry is loose
- Fantastic fan in bedroom makes noise
- Radio remote does not work
- Camera remote does not work
- Water pump has no pressure suddenly. Worked fine for months. Faucet screens are not clogged. Good pressure on city water so nothing else seems clogged.
- Outside storage door latches
- One slam latch behind entry door was stuck and Hamilton’s RV had to drill it out - replacement supposedly ordered
- Slam latch on door that leads to winterization stuff sticks - must push up hard to open
- All locks tricky
- Stove top closure doesn’t latch properly
- Mirror in toilet/shower room is loose and rattles
- Tank heaters
- Black and grey have come loose around edges. Had to put tape on to keep them from flying off while driving. Need to be removed and reapplied properly.
- None on fresh tank?

This list follows 3500 miles of travel and I hope it doesn't continue to grow!

Old 09-14-2015, 09:30 AM   #2
Class C Representative

- Could you tighten the plugs by tightening the screws?
-What kind of noise does the fantastic fan make?
-What remotes are you talking about? We don't have any remotes for our Cameras and unless something changed we don' have one for the radio either.
-Do you have the radio over the door?
-Is the stove top rattling while you go down the road?

-Josh

Old 09-14-2015, 09:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
What remotes are you talking about? We don't have any remotes for our Cameras and unless something changed we don' have one for the radio either.
Josh,

I have a small 3 button remote that allows me to turn on my rear camera. And I have a remote for my Jensen radio as well.

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:43 AM   #4
Class C Representative

I stand corrected on the Camera. Does it work? I've only known about the buttons on the monitor.

As for the radio we have a new set up with a radio above the door. If this is Eric's set up there is a smart phone app top use in place of the remote.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #5

- The screws over the couch are stripped out. The screws above the cabinet pulled out because there was too much wire behind them.

- The fan buzzes loudly. You can smack it and it will stop for a while but then start up again.

- My coach came with a remote for the in-dash stereo as well as a small remote for the rear view camera screen. These are not to be confused with the remote for the bedroom TV and the remote for the larger TV in the front of the coach. The TV remotes work fine. Neither of the other two work even with new batteries.

- No radio over the door.

- The metal stove top rattles because it does not latch down properly.

Quote:
-Could you tighten the plugs by tightening the screws?
-What kind of noise does the fantastic fan make?
-What remotes are you talking about? We don't have any remotes for our Cameras and unless something changed we don' have one for the radio either.
-Do you have the radio over the door?
-Is the stove top rattling while you go down the road?

-Josh
Old 09-14-2015, 02:13 PM   #6

Quote:
I stand corrected on the Camera. Does it work? I've only known about the buttons on the monitor.
Yes, I can turn the camera on and off with it while driving. Not that I see much, I really need to adjust the camera's view!

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:29 PM   #7

My 2014 had the loose charger in back, sticky locks on outdoor compartments, stripped cabinet screws, stripped battery cover screw( unable to get to the cab battery),exposed staples on floor and deadbolt sticking/locking out.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:54 PM   #8
GM

Good possibility that the Jensen remote does not work because the batteries are installed incorrectly.

See this post.
Jensen Radio Remote Will Not Work (See picture here)
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:28 PM   #9

Eeee my camper friend,
I have lot more issues with my Prism 24G.
My advice to you: do not allow them to extend time, to warranty end time, they want to put you in position to say
I have enough and I will fix all by my
self.
If you realize that things going that way, call some Lemon Law attorney and talk to them.
Before all take a photo of every thing what you think that's wrong ....
good luck
Old 09-14-2015, 09:38 PM   #10
Class C Representative

Never do we intentionally hold out until your warranty ends. I can't speak for Coachmen but our service division is top notch.
For example today we retail customer X showed up unannounced and unscheduled with a tail light issue. We dropped what we were doing and pulled two guys from the line to make sure the issue was fixed correctly. No questions asked.

PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker, warranty